Tuesday, October 12, 2010
On Sunday, November 14 beginning at 12pm, it's a TV One comedy corner as they present a day of laughter with a marathon of the popular TV One sitcom The Tracy Morgan Show starring Tracy Morgan followed by the classic buddy comedy film Let's Do It Again starring Bill Cosby & Sidney Poitier airing at 8pm.
On Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 25) beginning at 6am, it's Thanksgiving Day with families getting together and TV One's mix of comedy, music, and movies will keep viewers in the holiday spirit. The sitcoms will air from 6am-1pm with Half & Half, All of Us, Good Times, A Different World, Living Single and of course Martin airing.
On Saturday, November 27 beginning at 1pm, as viewers spend holiday time with their families on Thanksgiving weekend, TV One airs a 'family day' marathon of the classic family sitcom Good Times to let viewers also spend time with one of their favorite TV families, the Evans family. The marathons airs all day and night through 6am! Dyno-mite!
And finally on Saturday, December 4 beginning at 1pm, TV One airs a marathon of the Eddie Murphy claymation sitcom The PJs creating an Eddie Murphy Marathon Mania on TV One because the premiere of The Nutty Professor airs at 8pm. The PJs encores from 12am-6am.
And finally, we now have the third new series canceled. After just four episodes, NBC has canceled low-rated Friday drama Outlaw. Three of those four episodes aired on Friday, while the series premiere got a sampling the week before the season on Wednesday following the America's Got Talent finale. The latest episode and only did a 0.9 18-49 rating, as CBS ad ABC both doubled that at a 1.8 rating at 10pm. NBC will now burn-off the remaining four episodes that were shot on Saturdays at 8pm starting this Saturday (Oct. 16). The finale is set to air on Saturday, Nov. 13 (it is preempted on Oct. 30 for Halloween specials). On Fridays now, NBC will expand Dateline to two-hours from 9pm-11pm, rather than the planned one-hour at 9pm. NBC launches new reality series School Pride this Friday (Oct. 15) at 8pm, as previously announced. Outlaw joins Lone Star and My Generation in canceled series, though the latter two still has unaired episodes to air. Next on the chopping block could be Running Wilde, Good Guys, The Apprentice, The Whole Truth, Undercovers, or Chase. Jury is still out on Detroit 1-8-7 and The Event, while many other series still continue to drop (Hawaii Five-0, Outsourced, $#*! My Dad Says).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.