Tuesday, October 12, 2010
On Sunday, November 14 beginning at 12pm, it's a TV One comedy corner as they present a day of laughter with a marathon of the popular TV One sitcom The Tracy Morgan Show starring Tracy Morgan followed by the classic buddy comedy film Let's Do It Again starring Bill Cosby & Sidney Poitier airing at 8pm.
On Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 25) beginning at 6am, it's Thanksgiving Day with families getting together and TV One's mix of comedy, music, and movies will keep viewers in the holiday spirit. The sitcoms will air from 6am-1pm with Half & Half, All of Us, Good Times, A Different World, Living Single and of course Martin airing.
On Saturday, November 27 beginning at 1pm, as viewers spend holiday time with their families on Thanksgiving weekend, TV One airs a 'family day' marathon of the classic family sitcom Good Times to let viewers also spend time with one of their favorite TV families, the Evans family. The marathons airs all day and night through 6am! Dyno-mite!
And finally on Saturday, December 4 beginning at 1pm, TV One airs a marathon of the Eddie Murphy claymation sitcom The PJs creating an Eddie Murphy Marathon Mania on TV One because the premiere of The Nutty Professor airs at 8pm. The PJs encores from 12am-6am.
And finally, we now have the third new series canceled. After just four episodes, NBC has canceled low-rated Friday drama Outlaw. Three of those four episodes aired on Friday, while the series premiere got a sampling the week before the season on Wednesday following the America's Got Talent finale. The latest episode and only did a 0.9 18-49 rating, as CBS ad ABC both doubled that at a 1.8 rating at 10pm. NBC will now burn-off the remaining four episodes that were shot on Saturdays at 8pm starting this Saturday (Oct. 16). The finale is set to air on Saturday, Nov. 13 (it is preempted on Oct. 30 for Halloween specials). On Fridays now, NBC will expand Dateline to two-hours from 9pm-11pm, rather than the planned one-hour at 9pm. NBC launches new reality series School Pride this Friday (Oct. 15) at 8pm, as previously announced. Outlaw joins Lone Star and My Generation in canceled series, though the latter two still has unaired episodes to air. Next on the chopping block could be Running Wilde, Good Guys, The Apprentice, The Whole Truth, Undercovers, or Chase. Jury is still out on Detroit 1-8-7 and The Event, while many other series still continue to drop (Hawaii Five-0, Outsourced, $#*! My Dad Says).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.