Friday, October 15, 2010
In other ABC Family updates, on Monday we told you that original sitcom Melissa & Joey was ordered for 20 more episodes, and yes that is still true, but they are now airing only 12 in the first half rather than 15. This means the fall finale will NOT be on Tuesday, Nov. 16 anymore, but it will be on Tuesday, Oct. 26 now. So 12 of the 30 episodes would have aired by then, meaning that 18 episodes will remain to air sometime in early 2011. This also means there is no catch-up marathon on Tuesday, Nov. 16 from 1-8pm. However a mini-stack has been added on Friday, Nov. 19 from 7pm-11pm. No return date has been announced yet, but ABC Family did announce earlier this week that Pretty Little Liars will move to Mondays at 8pm for its second half of the season starting Jan. 3, followed by season four of Greek at 9pm. So it's possible Melissa & Joey could return to Tuesdays at 8p starting in January. Stay with us for updates.
And finally when the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas airs on weeknights starting Nov. 22, we mentioned before that My Wife & Kids will have its evening airings at 6pm aired at 1pm instead of 8 Simple Rules, but now that is not happening and 8 Simple Rules will remain at 1pm and My Wife & Kids will air at 12am still for these 10 days, while the Christmas programming airs weeknights starting at 6pm.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 18-22, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 18, 2010
- Jim Belushi (According to Jim) - Catch Jim on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 11pm.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson-Peete - Watch these past sitcom stars on the CBS Early Show, promoting their new CBS talk show with co-hosts Julie Chen and Sharon Osbourne as well.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Bowns) - Watch Tyler on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Raven Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/Cosby Show) - Watch Raven on The Mo'nique Show on BET at 11pm.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Catch Julie on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Catch Tina on a REPEAT of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Becker/Cheers/Help Me Help You/Bored to Death) - Watch Ted on The Rachel Ray Show so check your local listings.
- Eve Plumb (The Brady Bunch) - Catch Eve on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- James Burrows (Cheers) - Catch the legendary sitcom director on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings for time.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond/Back To You) - Catch Patty co-hosting the first of two days on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Watch Jeff on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) -Watch Tyler on The Oprah Show, so check your listings.
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Catch Jeff on an all-new Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond/Back to You) - Watch Patty co-host for a second straight day on The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT on ABC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so do check your local listings for time and station.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Ugly Betty) - Watch Judith on the LIVE! with Regis & Kelly also, so check your listings.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Watch Ellie on a REPEAT of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch a repeat of Betty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Cast of The Big Bang Theory - Catch the cast on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - Catch the funnymany and sitcom creator on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - Fran appears on the CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- JoAnna Garcia (Better With You/Reba) - Catch a repeat of JoAnna on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Catch Wanda on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local affiliate.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 24
Hollywood Darlings - "She's Not All That" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After years of pretending to be her own assistant to avoid saying ``no'' to people, a non-confrontational Beverley finally hires former child star Lori Beth Denberg to be her assistant; Jodie asks a stranger to pretend to be a fan of Christine's.
Return of the Mac - "An Offer Joe Can't Refuse" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Joe is forced to book his own celebrity guests, he finds out there's a daytime mafia controlling the booking of celebrities.
Bunk'd - "Girl Meets World" (Disney Channel, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Xander and Emma learn two of their campers have a crush on one another.
Nobodies - "Devil in a Red Dress" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Larry, Rachel and Hugh, at their most fractured, turn to another writing team for help: fellow Groundlings alums Jim Rash and Nat Faxon.
Lopez - "Cuck You George Lopez" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George’s friends have him worried that Lori wears the pants in their relationship. Pfeiffer complicates Olly’s work life, and Manolo gets laser eye surgery to please Wendy.
Wednesday, May 24
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Watch Zoe on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannibal Buress (Broad City) - Hannibal appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Topher stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Andree Vermeulen (Angie Tribeca) - Andree appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- T. J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T. J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Eric Stonesteet (Modern Family) - Eric drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jake Smollett (On Our Own) - Jake throws down spicy honey chicken on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan talks about Wakefield on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris and trainer Obi Obadike have tips to lose ten pounds in ten days on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank talks about his new hit, Brockmire, with Clinton Kelly on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.