Thursday, September 16, 2010
Other schedule changes happening are Gunsmoke moving to weekdays at 12pm, Bonanza now weekdays 1pm-4pm, as Andy Griffith Show is now cut to weekdays in the 4pm hour, leading into Good Times & The Jeffersons in the 5pm hour. The morning changes are Tues-Fri, as movies air on Mondays. Boston Legal is now gone from 8am, as an episode each of All in the Family and Sanford & Son will air. Those two sitcoms will still air in the evenings, 6-7pm and 7-9pm, respectively. As mentioned The Jeffersons & Good Times are at 9am, followed by I Dream of Jeannie in the 10am hour leading into the return of Bewitched, airing back-to-back in the 11am hour! One other note, starting this Monday (Sept. 20), The Nanny will air Monday nights in the 9pm hour leading into the TV Land PRIME movie at 10pm. Everybody Loves Raymond still airs every other night at 9.
View the UPDATED TV Land October 2010 schedule and feel free to discuss these morning/afternoon changes that start on Oct. 4 and Oct. 5.
Moving on to sister network Nick at Nite, effective tonight (Sept. 16), Nick at Nite is pulling Malcolm in the Middle from the line-up. The sitcom was airing every night at 12:00am & 12:30am and will now be replaced by another hour of The Nanny. That series will now air every night from 11pm-1am and in the 4am hour. The other change is on Fridays, with My Wife & Kids added to Fridays in the 9pm half-hour, replacing Everybody Hates Chris, which moves to Fridays at 12:30am, replacing Malcolm (so no The Nanny in this half-hour). Everything else remains the same as it is now.
As we previously mentioned, this Saturday (Sept. 18), there is an Everybody Hates Chris marathon from 10pm-5am. There is a chance Malcolm in the Middle will still air weekends in the 12am hour, but we're not sure yet. It is not airing this weekend though due to the Chris marathon. The Nanny already airs on weekends in the 11pm, 1am, and 4am hours, so maybe 12am will remain Malcolm on weekends? We'll let you know.
For now, view the updated Nick a Nite Fall 2010 schedule.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.