Monday, September 27, 2010
The Hub Acquires More Sitcoms - Happy Days, Family Ties, Laverne and Shirley; Schedule for New Houston Classic TV Station
These other sitcoms acquired are Happy Days, Family Ties, and Laverne & Shirley. The Hub has also acquired the half-hour 1960's Batman starring Adam West and Burt Ward! This is totally unexpected indeed! We were told back at TCA that they would add about one more sitcom, but we get three more plus Batman!
The network's programming blocks are Pre-school (ages 2-5; 9am-1pm); Kids Afternoon/Kids Prime (ages 6-12; 1pm-6pm); Kids and Family Prime Access (6pm- 7pm); and Kids and Family Prime (7pm-1am). We will cover mostly 7pm and on. Kicking off the kids and family primetime block starting Monday, October 11 is Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show at 7pm. Then back-to-back episodes of Family Ties will air in the 8pm hour, leading into an episode each of The Wonder Years and Doogie Howser, M.D. at 9pm. Then airing back-to-back in the 10pm hour it is Happy Days! This is feeling like classic Nick at Nite! Airing at 11pm is Laverne & Shirley followed by Batman at 11:30pm. Airing at 12am is the animated Transformers – Generation 1 followed by G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero at 12:30am. From 1am-6am will be encores of the same series starting at 7pm.
Among the notable highlights during the day is Fraggle Rock (8:30am, 1:30pm & 2pm), Batman Beyond (7:30am & 5:30pm), and Men in Black: The Series (6:30am & 4:30pm).
This is certainly good news that The Hub will be airing 5 sitcoms and the classic Batman! They also are airing a few older animated series that we pointed out, but the sitcoms and Batman are what we are most interested in and will cover. Stay tuned for more information and this is a network to watch! We will post the entire schedule as soon as we get the first full week schedule so we don't miss anything, as of now the first three days are only available.
Last week we told you the news that KAZH in Houston will turn from a Spanish station to an English classic TV station starting today (Sept. 27). And now we have the schedule for your lucky people in Houston! The station will change its call letters to KUBE. They will air series from the CBS Paramount library along with a few Universal series as well it seems. Among the comedies airing are Happy Days, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Family Ties, Taxi, The Brady Bunch, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy and Saved by the Bell, along with dramas like Hunter, Star Trek, Little House, Perry Mason and Quincy ME. Weekends will be filled with classic dramas like The A-Team, Dragnet, and Adam-12.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 5
The Simpsons - "The Princess Guide" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer is put in charge of keeping Princess Kemi out of trouble while her father, a Nigerian king, works out a uranium deal with Mr. Burns. When Kemi ends up at Moe’s, Moe jumps to the conclusion that she must be related to the Nigerian prince who scammed him over email and schemes to get his money back. But much to his surprise, he finds himself falling for the princess.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.