Monday, September 27, 2010
The Hub Acquires More Sitcoms - Happy Days, Family Ties, Laverne and Shirley; Schedule for New Houston Classic TV Station
These other sitcoms acquired are Happy Days, Family Ties, and Laverne & Shirley. The Hub has also acquired the half-hour 1960's Batman starring Adam West and Burt Ward! This is totally unexpected indeed! We were told back at TCA that they would add about one more sitcom, but we get three more plus Batman!
The network's programming blocks are Pre-school (ages 2-5; 9am-1pm); Kids Afternoon/Kids Prime (ages 6-12; 1pm-6pm); Kids and Family Prime Access (6pm- 7pm); and Kids and Family Prime (7pm-1am). We will cover mostly 7pm and on. Kicking off the kids and family primetime block starting Monday, October 11 is Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show at 7pm. Then back-to-back episodes of Family Ties will air in the 8pm hour, leading into an episode each of The Wonder Years and Doogie Howser, M.D. at 9pm. Then airing back-to-back in the 10pm hour it is Happy Days! This is feeling like classic Nick at Nite! Airing at 11pm is Laverne & Shirley followed by Batman at 11:30pm. Airing at 12am is the animated Transformers – Generation 1 followed by G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero at 12:30am. From 1am-6am will be encores of the same series starting at 7pm.
Among the notable highlights during the day is Fraggle Rock (8:30am, 1:30pm & 2pm), Batman Beyond (7:30am & 5:30pm), and Men in Black: The Series (6:30am & 4:30pm).
This is certainly good news that The Hub will be airing 5 sitcoms and the classic Batman! They also are airing a few older animated series that we pointed out, but the sitcoms and Batman are what we are most interested in and will cover. Stay tuned for more information and this is a network to watch! We will post the entire schedule as soon as we get the first full week schedule so we don't miss anything, as of now the first three days are only available.
Last week we told you the news that KAZH in Houston will turn from a Spanish station to an English classic TV station starting today (Sept. 27). And now we have the schedule for your lucky people in Houston! The station will change its call letters to KUBE. They will air series from the CBS Paramount library along with a few Universal series as well it seems. Among the comedies airing are Happy Days, Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Family Ties, Taxi, The Brady Bunch, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy and Saved by the Bell, along with dramas like Hunter, Star Trek, Little House, Perry Mason and Quincy ME. Weekends will be filled with classic dramas like The A-Team, Dragnet, and Adam-12.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, September 14
Bob's Burgers - "Seaplane!" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Linda is bored by Bob’s tired attempts at Date Night and decides to sign up for flying lessons. When Bob won’t join her, she becomes the target of “Upskirt Kurt” (guest voice Will Forte), the most charming pilot in the air.
Bob's Burgers - "Purple Rain-Union" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an attempt to redeem a failed talent show performance from her past, Linda reunites with her former band mates from, the Ta-Ta’s, to perform at their high school reunion. At the event, a former female classmate attempts to impress Bob, her high school crush, who, in turn, becomes very self-conscious about the unwanted attention.
The Simpsons - "Luca$" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Marge is concerned that Lisa is dating below her station when she brings home competitive eater-in-training Lucas Bortner (guest voice Zach Galifianakis), and she enlists Homer to help Lisa explore other options. Meanwhile, Bart is thrilled to receive free gifts from Snake Jailbird after he helps the convict escape from a jam, but when a betrayal from Milhouse puts Snake back in jail, Bart must forge a plan to set him free.
The Simpsons - "Days of Future Future" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Set in the future, Homer has a new clone for every time he dies. Lisa is married to a zombie version of Milhouse, while Bart deals with custody issues with his ex-wife, Jenda. Each defines what love means to them.
American Dad - "Roger Passes the Bar" / "A Boy Named Michael" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Roger (Seth MacFarlane) is forced to sell his beloved attic bar to a restaurant chain after suffering a heart attack, and a sexy new next-door neighbor (guest voice Jane Krakowski, “30 Rock”) promises to take Steve and his friends’ virginity in return for housework. Then, Roger movies in with Greg (Seth MacFarlane) and Terry (guest voice Mike Barker).
Monday, September 15
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Watch Ike on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Nasim appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Justin Long (Mom/Ed) - Justin stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Phenom) - Judith drops by the Better Show, so check your local listings. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve dishes on taking Meredith's Ice Bucket Challenge and reveals secrets from his new book (Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success) on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Nathan Gamble (Hank) - Nathan talks about working with his animal co-stars in Dolphin Tale 2 on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly and her husband Rodney Peete are guests on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm. He is also a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 7:45am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am.
- Bebe Neuwirth (Cheers/Frasier) - Bebe is a guest on HuffPost Live at 5:30pm.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about her new series Gotham on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Haley Joel Osment (Thunder Alley/The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Haley Joel is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.