Thursday, September 09, 2010
Hallmark Channel October 2010 Schedule Has More Who's the Boss, Munsters/Addams Family Halloween Marathon; TNT/TBS Pilot Orders
We also have some interesting marathon news for you! First up, on Saturday, October 2, 2010 there will be a 24-hour marathon of Little House on the Prairie starting at 6am! Since there is no more paid programming from 5-6am, this is now possible! Then later in the month on Halloween (Sunday, October 31, 2010), join Hallmark with two classic sitcom marathons and a classic movie! A family of friendly monsters have misadventures never quite realising why people react to them so strangely. Join the Hallmark Channel for a Halloween Marathon at 1313 Mockingbird Lane with classic episodes of The Munsters from 6am-4pm. Then at 4pm, the movie Mad Monster Party? (1967) will air. The movie is about when Dr. Frankenstein decides to retire from the monster-making business, he calls an international roster of monsters to a creepy convention to elect his successor. Stars the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller. But wait, after that movie, another sitcom marathon will air from 6pm-3am. It's another '60s classic sitcom, The Addams Family, the misadventures of a blissfully macabre family. Join the Hallmark Channel for a creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky, Halloween marathon. After these marathons, will The Munsters and The Addams Family join the Hallmark regular schedule? It doesn't seem like it, but if they do, we will let you know of course. These shows usually get Halloween marathons over the years, such as on WGN America, but they never join the regular schedule.
One other note, on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8pm, the new special Tricking and Treating with Martha Stewart will air. Looking for some sensationally spooky ways to decorate your home for Halloween? Martha shares her tips on making this Halloween come alive. Brendan Fraser guest stars.
View the UPDATED Hallmark Channel Fall 2010 schedule with the addition of these October updates.
TNT and TBS are going into production on four series pilots, including projects from such successful producers and writers as Dean Devlin (TNT's Leverage and The Librarian movie trilogy); Marco Schnabel (TNT's The Librarian movie trilogy); Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Voyager); Allan Loeb (The Switch, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps); and Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, A Killing in a Small Town). TNT has lined up pilots for a pair of unique crime procedural pilots, Perception (working title) and an untitled Allan Loeb project. The network is also moving forward on a pilot for Dallas, an updated version of the classic TV series. Meanwhile, TBS has a pilot in the works for Brain Trust (working title), a comedic detective series.
These are just pilot orders, so it doesn't mean they will be picked-up to series. If they do, we will let you know. Here is info on the two pilots that are geared for us really: Dallas is from executive producer Cynthia Cidre, writer of the acclaimed film The Mambo Kings and creator/executive producer of the TV series Cane, has crafted an update of the long-running series about the Ewings of Southfork, whose betrayals, jealousies and passions have made them famous. The story focuses on the offspring of bitter rivals and brothers JR and Bobby Ewing, who clash over the future of the Ewing dynasty while the fate of Southfork itself weighs in the balance. This project, based upon the iconic series created by David Jacobs, comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television.
As for TBS's Brain Trust (working title), Dean Devlin, executive producer of TNT's hit series Leverage, is teaming up with Marco Schnabel for this pilot about Detective Billy Doyle, whose career and life have hit rock bottom after he accidentally ends his partner's career. Doyle's life gets turned around, however, when a recent murder case gets unexpected and unconventional help from three hyper-smart geniuses from a private think tank. If Doyle can survive the chaos and keep these new partners in line, they just may be the antidote to resurrect his career and, ultimately, his life. Brain Trust (working title) is being produced for TBS by Devlin's Electric Entertainment.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Colonization Application" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Trouble arises when Amy learns Sheldon has applied for a one-way mission to colonize Mars. Also, a trip to the pet store ends in a fight for Sheldon and Amy, Leonard surprises Penny with a very “adult” purchase, and, Raj is caught snooping in Emily’s apartment.
The Odd Couple - "The Birthday Party" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar realizes he’s forgotten Felix’s birthday, he pulls together a last-minute surprise party in his honor in an attempt to impress Casey.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cleanroom Infiltration" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard and Wolowitz nearly come to blows and turn to Raj for help in dealing with a work emergency. Meanwhile, Amy throws an authentic Victorian Christmas party, and Sheldon seeks revenge on her for making him celebrate the holidays.
Mom - "Dirty Money and a Woman Named Mike" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie are shocked when they discover how prison has changed their friend Regina. Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Jaime Pressly returns as Jill.
Thursday, March 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Catch Will on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jonathan Banks (Community/Fired Up) - Jonathan appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Stacey Dash (Clueless) - Stacey reveals what it was like working with Bill Cosby and discusses her own parenting style on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne talks about DIG on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Dan talks about Marry Me and Who Do You Think You Are on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Mircea Monroe (Episodes) - Mircea talks about the season finale of her Golden Globe-winning show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Debby Ryan (Jessie/The Suite Life on Deck) - Debby is a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:22am and on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.