Thursday, September 09, 2010
Hallmark Channel October 2010 Schedule Has More Who's the Boss, Munsters/Addams Family Halloween Marathon; TNT/TBS Pilot Orders
We also have some interesting marathon news for you! First up, on Saturday, October 2, 2010 there will be a 24-hour marathon of Little House on the Prairie starting at 6am! Since there is no more paid programming from 5-6am, this is now possible! Then later in the month on Halloween (Sunday, October 31, 2010), join Hallmark with two classic sitcom marathons and a classic movie! A family of friendly monsters have misadventures never quite realising why people react to them so strangely. Join the Hallmark Channel for a Halloween Marathon at 1313 Mockingbird Lane with classic episodes of The Munsters from 6am-4pm. Then at 4pm, the movie Mad Monster Party? (1967) will air. The movie is about when Dr. Frankenstein decides to retire from the monster-making business, he calls an international roster of monsters to a creepy convention to elect his successor. Stars the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller. But wait, after that movie, another sitcom marathon will air from 6pm-3am. It's another '60s classic sitcom, The Addams Family, the misadventures of a blissfully macabre family. Join the Hallmark Channel for a creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky, Halloween marathon. After these marathons, will The Munsters and The Addams Family join the Hallmark regular schedule? It doesn't seem like it, but if they do, we will let you know of course. These shows usually get Halloween marathons over the years, such as on WGN America, but they never join the regular schedule.
One other note, on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8pm, the new special Tricking and Treating with Martha Stewart will air. Looking for some sensationally spooky ways to decorate your home for Halloween? Martha shares her tips on making this Halloween come alive. Brendan Fraser guest stars.
View the UPDATED Hallmark Channel Fall 2010 schedule with the addition of these October updates.
TNT and TBS are going into production on four series pilots, including projects from such successful producers and writers as Dean Devlin (TNT's Leverage and The Librarian movie trilogy); Marco Schnabel (TNT's The Librarian movie trilogy); Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Voyager); Allan Loeb (The Switch, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps); and Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, A Killing in a Small Town). TNT has lined up pilots for a pair of unique crime procedural pilots, Perception (working title) and an untitled Allan Loeb project. The network is also moving forward on a pilot for Dallas, an updated version of the classic TV series. Meanwhile, TBS has a pilot in the works for Brain Trust (working title), a comedic detective series.
These are just pilot orders, so it doesn't mean they will be picked-up to series. If they do, we will let you know. Here is info on the two pilots that are geared for us really: Dallas is from executive producer Cynthia Cidre, writer of the acclaimed film The Mambo Kings and creator/executive producer of the TV series Cane, has crafted an update of the long-running series about the Ewings of Southfork, whose betrayals, jealousies and passions have made them famous. The story focuses on the offspring of bitter rivals and brothers JR and Bobby Ewing, who clash over the future of the Ewing dynasty while the fate of Southfork itself weighs in the balance. This project, based upon the iconic series created by David Jacobs, comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television.
As for TBS's Brain Trust (working title), Dean Devlin, executive producer of TNT's hit series Leverage, is teaming up with Marco Schnabel for this pilot about Detective Billy Doyle, whose career and life have hit rock bottom after he accidentally ends his partner's career. Doyle's life gets turned around, however, when a recent murder case gets unexpected and unconventional help from three hyper-smart geniuses from a private think tank. If Doyle can survive the chaos and keep these new partners in line, they just may be the antidote to resurrect his career and, ultimately, his life. Brain Trust (working title) is being produced for TBS by Devlin's Electric Entertainment.
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.