Thursday, September 09, 2010
Hallmark Channel October 2010 Schedule Has More Who's the Boss, Munsters/Addams Family Halloween Marathon; TNT/TBS Pilot Orders
We also have some interesting marathon news for you! First up, on Saturday, October 2, 2010 there will be a 24-hour marathon of Little House on the Prairie starting at 6am! Since there is no more paid programming from 5-6am, this is now possible! Then later in the month on Halloween (Sunday, October 31, 2010), join Hallmark with two classic sitcom marathons and a classic movie! A family of friendly monsters have misadventures never quite realising why people react to them so strangely. Join the Hallmark Channel for a Halloween Marathon at 1313 Mockingbird Lane with classic episodes of The Munsters from 6am-4pm. Then at 4pm, the movie Mad Monster Party? (1967) will air. The movie is about when Dr. Frankenstein decides to retire from the monster-making business, he calls an international roster of monsters to a creepy convention to elect his successor. Stars the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller. But wait, after that movie, another sitcom marathon will air from 6pm-3am. It's another '60s classic sitcom, The Addams Family, the misadventures of a blissfully macabre family. Join the Hallmark Channel for a creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky, Halloween marathon. After these marathons, will The Munsters and The Addams Family join the Hallmark regular schedule? It doesn't seem like it, but if they do, we will let you know of course. These shows usually get Halloween marathons over the years, such as on WGN America, but they never join the regular schedule.
One other note, on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8pm, the new special Tricking and Treating with Martha Stewart will air. Looking for some sensationally spooky ways to decorate your home for Halloween? Martha shares her tips on making this Halloween come alive. Brendan Fraser guest stars.
View the UPDATED Hallmark Channel Fall 2010 schedule with the addition of these October updates.
TNT and TBS are going into production on four series pilots, including projects from such successful producers and writers as Dean Devlin (TNT's Leverage and The Librarian movie trilogy); Marco Schnabel (TNT's The Librarian movie trilogy); Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Voyager); Allan Loeb (The Switch, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps); and Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, A Killing in a Small Town). TNT has lined up pilots for a pair of unique crime procedural pilots, Perception (working title) and an untitled Allan Loeb project. The network is also moving forward on a pilot for Dallas, an updated version of the classic TV series. Meanwhile, TBS has a pilot in the works for Brain Trust (working title), a comedic detective series.
These are just pilot orders, so it doesn't mean they will be picked-up to series. If they do, we will let you know. Here is info on the two pilots that are geared for us really: Dallas is from executive producer Cynthia Cidre, writer of the acclaimed film The Mambo Kings and creator/executive producer of the TV series Cane, has crafted an update of the long-running series about the Ewings of Southfork, whose betrayals, jealousies and passions have made them famous. The story focuses on the offspring of bitter rivals and brothers JR and Bobby Ewing, who clash over the future of the Ewing dynasty while the fate of Southfork itself weighs in the balance. This project, based upon the iconic series created by David Jacobs, comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television.
As for TBS's Brain Trust (working title), Dean Devlin, executive producer of TNT's hit series Leverage, is teaming up with Marco Schnabel for this pilot about Detective Billy Doyle, whose career and life have hit rock bottom after he accidentally ends his partner's career. Doyle's life gets turned around, however, when a recent murder case gets unexpected and unconventional help from three hyper-smart geniuses from a private think tank. If Doyle can survive the chaos and keep these new partners in line, they just may be the antidote to resurrect his career and, ultimately, his life. Brain Trust (working title) is being produced for TBS by Devlin's Electric Entertainment.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.