Thursday, September 09, 2010
Hallmark Channel October 2010 Schedule Has More Who's the Boss, Munsters/Addams Family Halloween Marathon; TNT/TBS Pilot Orders
We also have some interesting marathon news for you! First up, on Saturday, October 2, 2010 there will be a 24-hour marathon of Little House on the Prairie starting at 6am! Since there is no more paid programming from 5-6am, this is now possible! Then later in the month on Halloween (Sunday, October 31, 2010), join Hallmark with two classic sitcom marathons and a classic movie! A family of friendly monsters have misadventures never quite realising why people react to them so strangely. Join the Hallmark Channel for a Halloween Marathon at 1313 Mockingbird Lane with classic episodes of The Munsters from 6am-4pm. Then at 4pm, the movie Mad Monster Party? (1967) will air. The movie is about when Dr. Frankenstein decides to retire from the monster-making business, he calls an international roster of monsters to a creepy convention to elect his successor. Stars the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller. But wait, after that movie, another sitcom marathon will air from 6pm-3am. It's another '60s classic sitcom, The Addams Family, the misadventures of a blissfully macabre family. Join the Hallmark Channel for a creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky, Halloween marathon. After these marathons, will The Munsters and The Addams Family join the Hallmark regular schedule? It doesn't seem like it, but if they do, we will let you know of course. These shows usually get Halloween marathons over the years, such as on WGN America, but they never join the regular schedule.
One other note, on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8pm, the new special Tricking and Treating with Martha Stewart will air. Looking for some sensationally spooky ways to decorate your home for Halloween? Martha shares her tips on making this Halloween come alive. Brendan Fraser guest stars.
View the UPDATED Hallmark Channel Fall 2010 schedule with the addition of these October updates.
TNT and TBS are going into production on four series pilots, including projects from such successful producers and writers as Dean Devlin (TNT's Leverage and The Librarian movie trilogy); Marco Schnabel (TNT's The Librarian movie trilogy); Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Voyager); Allan Loeb (The Switch, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps); and Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, A Killing in a Small Town). TNT has lined up pilots for a pair of unique crime procedural pilots, Perception (working title) and an untitled Allan Loeb project. The network is also moving forward on a pilot for Dallas, an updated version of the classic TV series. Meanwhile, TBS has a pilot in the works for Brain Trust (working title), a comedic detective series.
These are just pilot orders, so it doesn't mean they will be picked-up to series. If they do, we will let you know. Here is info on the two pilots that are geared for us really: Dallas is from executive producer Cynthia Cidre, writer of the acclaimed film The Mambo Kings and creator/executive producer of the TV series Cane, has crafted an update of the long-running series about the Ewings of Southfork, whose betrayals, jealousies and passions have made them famous. The story focuses on the offspring of bitter rivals and brothers JR and Bobby Ewing, who clash over the future of the Ewing dynasty while the fate of Southfork itself weighs in the balance. This project, based upon the iconic series created by David Jacobs, comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television.
As for TBS's Brain Trust (working title), Dean Devlin, executive producer of TNT's hit series Leverage, is teaming up with Marco Schnabel for this pilot about Detective Billy Doyle, whose career and life have hit rock bottom after he accidentally ends his partner's career. Doyle's life gets turned around, however, when a recent murder case gets unexpected and unconventional help from three hyper-smart geniuses from a private think tank. If Doyle can survive the chaos and keep these new partners in line, they just may be the antidote to resurrect his career and, ultimately, his life. Brain Trust (working title) is being produced for TBS by Devlin's Electric Entertainment.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 25
New Girl - "Thanksgiving IV" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With winter coming and everyone still single, Schmidt initiates a “Bangs-giving”-themed Thanksgiving dinner party, to which everyone must bring someone compatible for someone else.
The Mindy Project - "How to Lose a Mon in Ten Days" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy sets up Danny’s mom, Annette, (guest star Rhea Pearlman) on a blind date that leads to a crazy sequence of events culminating in a date – and possibly even true love.
Marry Me - "Bruges Me" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a meeting with Annie (Casey Wilson) and their wedding officiant Dawn (guest star Mo Gaffney), Jake (Ken Marino) decides he should get to know Annie’s dads better. When Jake and Kevin 1 (Tim Meadows) bond over their love of motorcycles, however, it leads to some pretty serious family trouble, particularly with Kevin 2 (Dan Bucatinsky). Meanwhile, Gil (John Gemberling) is very excited about his booth at the annual Flemish Pride Parade and enlists Annie to help him prepare a special musical production.
About a Boy - "About a Balcony" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Marcus (Benjamin Stockham) is ecstatic when a popular new teacher, Mr. Chris (guest star Chris Diamantopoulos) casts him as Romeo in the school production of notable Shakespeare scenes. Marcus asks Will (David Walton) to build the balcony set for his scene, however Will is more interested in watching “The Three Stooges” marathon with Marcus instead. Threatened by Mr. Chris’ growing relationship with Marcus, Will tries to impress them with the construction of his balcony. Elsewhere, Mr. Chris not only has gained a fan in Marcus, but Fiona (Minnie Driver) as well.
Benched - "Shark, Actually" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Nina worries that she is being played; a stenographer rejects Phil's advances because he is too immature.
Family Time - "Powering Down" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tony feels his family is drifting apart so he bans technology in the household.
Tuesday, November 25
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Aubrey on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She discusses her new album (Coming Home) and performs live on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl talks about marrying a Kennedy and love scenes with Larry David on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael delivers a special message to this parents on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Rhoda/Valerie) - Valerie continues to stun doctors on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace weighs in on Dancing with the Stars performances on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on VH1 Big Morning Buzz in the 9am hour. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Tony will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:00pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Michael appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.