Friday, July 09, 2010
Tr3s Rebrands, Adds George Lopez; ABC Fall 2010 Schedule Premiere Dates; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 12, 2010)
Tr3s will air sitcoms and Spanish series along with Nickelodeon blocks that teens will enjoy past seasons of Nickelodeon favorites in Spanish. Tr3s' biggest addition will the be the addition of sitcom George Lopez! The series will be borrowed from sister network Nick at Nite, and will air weeknights at 9pm & 9:30pm on Tr3s. Leading into George will be Casados Con Hijos, an adaptation of Married... with Children, at 8pm & 8:30pm. Casados Con Hijos will also air weekdays at 3pm & 3:30pm. Also of note, Comedy Central's Mind of Mencia will air weeknights at 12 midnight, followed by Team Sanchez at 12:30am. Nickelodeon's series will air in Spanish are Blues Clues weekdays at 8am & 8:30am and Wonder Pets weekdays at 9am & 9:30am. SpongeBob SquarePants will air in Spanish on Sunday mornings from 8am-10am.
Discuss this rebranding and the addition of George Lopez here.
ABC announced most of their Fall premiere dates for the 2010-2011 season. Premiere dates for Fall Friday drama series Body of Proof and Friday reality series Secret Millionaire will be announced at a later time. As previously announced, Saturday Night Football premieres Saturday, September 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET. ABC launches the 2010-2011 season on Monday, Sept. 20 during premiere week with the season premieres of Dancing with the Stars from 8-10pm and Castle at 10pm. On Tuesday, Sept. 21, a special two-hour performance show of Dancing with the Stars will air from 8-10pm leading into the series premiere of drama Detroit 1-8-7. On Wednesday, Sept. 22, ABC returns their comedies with "Laugh on Wednesday" with the season premiere and a new time for The Middle at 8pm, followed by the series premiere of Better with You (formerly titled Better Together) at 8:30pm, the season premiere of megahit Modern Family is at 9pm, and the season premiere of quirky Cougar Town is at 9:30pm. ABC closes the night with the series premiere of new legal drama The Whole Truth at 10pm. On Thursday, Sept. 23, ABC launches the series My Generation at 8pm, followed by the season premieres of one-two punch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. On Friday, Sept. 24, ABC launches another season of newsmag 20/20 at 10pm, but 8-10pm is still not determined for the first few weeks. ABC closes out premiere week on Sunday, Sept. 26 with season premieres of their Sunday line-up of AFV, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters. And finally perhaps the most buzzed new series is No Ordinary Family and it will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 8pm leading into the first Dancing with the Stars Results Show.
ABC is the second network to announce premiere dates for Fall, as The CW did a few weeks ago. View these ABC Fall 2010 premiere dates in a list form.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 12-16, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 12, 2010
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Catch Peter on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage) - This is a REPEAT, but catch Jeremy again on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Catch the young Jennifer on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Catch Bill again on this repeat of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your TV listings.
- Caroline Rhea (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Watch Caroline on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your local listings.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is on The Early Show on CBS between 7-9am.
- John Amos (Good Times) - Catch John on BET's The Mo'nique Show at 11pm.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - This is a repeat of Busy on The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your listings.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph visits CBS's The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - Catch Tracy on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Watch Jack on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - Watch John on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Catch Peter on NBC's Today show sometime between 7-9am.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - This is a REPEAT, but catch Kevin on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Watch Joseph this time on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT/PT.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Carol Burnett, Henry Winkler and Valerie Bertinelli - Catch a special repeat of three classic sitcom stars on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Catch Joseph on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - This is a REPEAT, but catch Bryan on NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Blossom/Gimme a Break!) - This is also a REPEAT, but catch Joey on NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am.
Also of note, catch Ben Rappaport (Outsourced) on NBC's Today Sunday edition at 9am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 2
Last Man Standing - "Precious Snowflakes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mandy chooses local-celebrity Mike as the speaker for her business school’s graduation. After learning that the school requires his speech to be PC and micro-agression free, Mike decides whether or not to play by the rules. Meanwhile, Eve’s friend Cammy (Sarah Gilman) is home from college, bragging about how fantastic her new life has been, leaving Eve feeling slightly fruitless and discouraged.
Dr. Ken - "D.K's New Girlfriend" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When D.K. overhears Allison complain about him overstaying his welcome, he decides to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks. Meanwhile, Pat wants Dave to pretend he’s his adopted son; and Allison is convinced Molly wants to talk about something when she suggests they do a spa day, but the tables turn when Molly is the one doling out the advice.
I Love Lucy - "I Love Lucy Christmas Special" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features “The Christmas Episode” and the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures.” Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.
“The Christmas Episode” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky’s Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos’ son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.
“The Christmas Episode” was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series’ long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.
In the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures,” Lucy’s lifelong dream of appearing in a motion picture seems to have come true when Ricky arranges for her to play a showgirl in a new musical. Unfortunately, the enormous feathered headdress she is expected to wear as she descends a staircase proves to be too cumbersome. After numerous mishaps on the stairs, the musical’s frustrated director (Lou Krugman) decides to make a change.
“Lucy Gets in Pictures” was originally broadcast Feb. 21, 1955, and was an immediate favorite not only of viewers, but of Lucille Ball herself. She restaged the famous headdress scene, again with Krugman, in the 1962 CBS special, “Opening Night,” and in 1965 in a slightly modified form, this time with actor Danny Thomas, in her second CBS series, “The Lucy Show.”
Liv and Maddie: Cali Style - "Cali Christmas-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie gets upset that she can't be in Wisconsin for Christmas, so Liv helps cheer her up.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets a Christmas Maya" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Christmas approaches, Riley gets excited to celebrate her favorite holiday, but for Maya, the holidays only bring back unhappy memories from her childhood.
Bunk'd - "How the Griff Stole Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The holidays arrive at Camp Kikiwaka with everyone in good spirits -- except for Griff.
Friday, December 2
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be/Bosom Buddies) - Holland chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Quinn (Bunk'd) - Kevin appears on People Now at 8:30am.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - NBC's Today catches up with Miss Piggy in the 10am hour.
- Gaby Hoffmann (Transparent/Someone Like Me) - Gaby appears on Chelsea on Netflix.