Sunday, July 25, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 7, week of July 12-18)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode at 7pm did only 1.53 million and only a 0.6 18-49 rating which is down some from previous.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.58 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating at 8pm. But that was down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.74 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, up some from previous week and built from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.2 million and 4.47 million and a 2.0 and 2.1 18-49 rating...up from previous week and impressive 18-49 for summer repeats.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.93 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of ABC summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates from 9-11pm, with the latter getting really good lately. NBC will have Dateline at 7pm followed by the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then just what we need, two-hour encores of America's Got Talent from 9-11. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday premiere of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9. All of this is just like last week.
Coming Week Preview (July 26-31):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with the special The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All from 8-10pm as the season finale is next week and A Special Edition of 20/20: The Stories Behind the Rose at 10pm. NBC will have yet another America's Got Talent repeat at 8pm, then a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm, and a new Dateline at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm, which will be pulled after next week. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an a two-hour repeat of Wipeout, the hilarious Blind Date episode from earlier this summer, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a the premiere of Breakthrough with Tony Robbins at 8 that should do just as bad Jillian and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox has a new Hell's Kitchen at 8 leading into the series premiere of MasterChef at 9. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new Pretty Little Liars continuing with new episodes at 8 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance, which is struggling this summer. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, as tonight's episodes were voted by fans. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have a new episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by episode six of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then at 10pm its docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights at 8 then a two-hour Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint now at 10pm following repeats. Fox and The CW are in repeats. A normal Friday for summer.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has crime repeats from 8-10 and then a 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Flightplan & Rookie Blue repeat from 8-11pm. NBC has a new episode of Persons Unknown at 8 then crime repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 28
The Middle - "Look Who's Not Talking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Although excited about finding a new discount store that sells oddly shaped fruits and vegetables, Frankie is devastated when Axl refuses to talk to her or even answer her texts after inadvertently admitting how she feels about April in front of him. Meanwhile, Brick develops a new quirky tick in the form of a repetitive phrase and lands in detention, and Brad surprises Sue by coming out for a weekend visit at her college.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Taming of the Dads" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Eddie reluctantly agrees to take Alison to the see a modern remake of Romeo and Juliet. But when Louis and Alison’s dad bond over their love of Shakespeare and crash their date, Alison wonders if she and Eddie’s relationship has lost its spark. Meanwhile, Jessica gets called for jury duty and campaigns to be the “Jury Boss,” and Emery and Evan struggle with the responsibilities of raising a Tamagotchi digital pet.
New Girl - "San Diego" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess continues to stay with her dad (guest star Rob Reiner) in Portland, they unexpectedly help one another with their love lives. Meanwhile, Nick turns to a reluctant Aly for help with his relationship with Reagan, and Schmidt contemplates using his first name.
The Mick - "The Bully" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The tables are turned when a cyber bully targets Sofia, leading Mickey to come up with a plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Jimmy teaches Chip and Ben how to be self-sufficient, resulting in a painful disaster.
Trial & Error - "Right-Hand Man" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A new piece of evidence emerges that leads Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) an unlikely, and dangerous, new suspect: Larry's (John Lithgow) brother-in-law, Jeremiah Jefferson Davis. Meanwhile, the case takes another turn when the search for the murder weapon leads Dwayne (Steven Boyer) to find a dismembered human arm.
Trial & Error - "Secrets & Lies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) focuses on his new suspect, Larry (John Lithgow) insists on taking a lie-detector test to help prove his innocence, but the results drop a bombshell on the case and the family. Dwayne (Steven Boyer) briefly becomes a hometown celebrity as the man who found an arm in the lake, and the team gets a surprising new benefactor.
The Detour - "The Heat" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Parkers settle into a seemingly normal New York City routine but are being surveilled by federal agents who see more than they had suspected they would see.
Mann & Wife - "Take Me to the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The new Lieutenant arrives at the precinct, and everyone soon learns that she and Hobbs have a romantic past; A cable installer confuses Toni for singer Tamela Mann.
Mann & Wife - "Pressured by the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Toni faces a moral dilemma when the administrators at her school decide to change the students' standardized test results; Hobbs' mother brings her new fiance for a visit.
Tuesday, March 28
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Making History/The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (Kevin Can Wait/The King of Queens) - Kevin is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke reveals what it’s really like being a child star, plus, the truth behind her struggles with anxiety and depression on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Todd Grinnell (One Day at a Time/Four Kings) - Todd appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard talks about Shots Fired on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa share her recipe for Mexican pizza on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) and Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Jenna and Rachel talk about Imaginary Mary on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.