Sunday, July 25, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 7, week of July 12-18)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode at 7pm did only 1.53 million and only a 0.6 18-49 rating which is down some from previous.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.58 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating at 8pm. But that was down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.74 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, up some from previous week and built from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.2 million and 4.47 million and a 2.0 and 2.1 18-49 rating...up from previous week and impressive 18-49 for summer repeats.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.93 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of ABC summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates from 9-11pm, with the latter getting really good lately. NBC will have Dateline at 7pm followed by the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then just what we need, two-hour encores of America's Got Talent from 9-11. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday premiere of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9. All of this is just like last week.
Coming Week Preview (July 26-31):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with the special The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All from 8-10pm as the season finale is next week and A Special Edition of 20/20: The Stories Behind the Rose at 10pm. NBC will have yet another America's Got Talent repeat at 8pm, then a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm, and a new Dateline at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm, which will be pulled after next week. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an a two-hour repeat of Wipeout, the hilarious Blind Date episode from earlier this summer, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a the premiere of Breakthrough with Tony Robbins at 8 that should do just as bad Jillian and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox has a new Hell's Kitchen at 8 leading into the series premiere of MasterChef at 9. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new Pretty Little Liars continuing with new episodes at 8 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance, which is struggling this summer. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, as tonight's episodes were voted by fans. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have a new episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by episode six of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then at 10pm its docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights at 8 then a two-hour Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint now at 10pm following repeats. Fox and The CW are in repeats. A normal Friday for summer.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has crime repeats from 8-10 and then a 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Flightplan & Rookie Blue repeat from 8-11pm. NBC has a new episode of Persons Unknown at 8 then crime repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.