Sunday, July 11, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 5, week of June 28-July 4)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode on 4th of July at 7pm did only 1.09 million and only a 0.5 18-49 rating for series lows and even lower than previous week. It should go up tonight, if not...Fox needs to pull it.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.2 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Way down from previous week because of the 4th of July.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Just 2.15 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, way down from previous week but it did build from the lead-in in 18-49 ever so slightly.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.77 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating...way down from previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a bit better with 2.96 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.15 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down from previous week. The regular 9:30pm airing was preempted.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of ABC summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates from 9-11pm. NBC will have Dateline at 7pm followed by the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then just what we need, two-hour encores of America's Got Talent from 9-11. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday premiere of Big Brother 12 and then crime repeats from 9-11.
Coming Week Preview (July 5-10):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have yet another America's Got Talent repeat at 8pm, then a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm, and a new Dateline at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have a repeat of Wipeout, then an all-new episode of the high stakes game show Downfall and the addicting Primetime: Family Secrets at 10. NBC has a new Losing it with Jillian and a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox preempts Hell's Kitchen for coverage of the 2010 MLB All-Star Game from Anaheim. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new Pretty Little Liars at 8 on ABC Family and the series premiere of new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies (with a special airing of Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown at 8) and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, its new summer home. CBS will the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have the fifth episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, as we are now half way through the first season.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special new Thursday Wipeout followed by episode four of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a special backdoor pilot movie called The Jensen Project from 8-10pm starring Kellie Martin, preempting Friday Night Lights and shortening Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint now at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a new episode of new series The Bridge at 8pm and then later a 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC is in repeats, with Wipeout, Rookie Blue & Castle from 8-11pm. NBC has a new episode of Persons Unknown at 8 then crime repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 23
The Big Bang Theory - "The Comic-Con Conundrum" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
With Koothrappali cut off from his father’s fortune, he appoints Sheldon to help him get out of debt. Also, Penny considers joining Leonard at Comic-Con.
The Great Indoors - "Friends Like These" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack desperately begs his co-workers to pretend to be his closest friends at a dinner party after his lack of an inner circle begins to concern his girlfriend, Rachel (Maggie Lawson). However, he soon regrets asking for their help after they all behave awkwardly in her presence.
Mom - "Night Swimmin' and an English Muffin" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bonnie discovers Adam is still close with his ex-wife, Danielle (Wendie Malick), Christy worries the emotional fallout could jeopardize Bonnie’s sobriety.
Life in Pieces - "Awkward Bra Automated Ordained" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dinner gets awkward for Jen and Matt when they find themselves alone without Greg and Colleen. Also, Lark accidentally locks out Greg and Jen from the house, prompting Greg to install a complicated home automation system; Heather and Tim try to sneak wine into an ice skating show to get out of paying at the venue; and John and Joan agree to an impromptu wedding after Colleen mentions that she’s an ordained minister.
Superstore - "Wellness Fair" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Amy (America Ferrera) sees Mateo (Nico Santos) out on a secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), she ignores Garrett's (Colton Dunn) advice to stay out of it, and ends up throwing multiple relationships - both real and imagined - into chaos. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) resents Jonah (Ben Feldman) for outshining him during Cloud 9's Wellness Fair, and Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to prove that Amy faked an illness.
Powerless - "Emily Dates a Henchman" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After being urged by her team, Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) sets her sights on the dating world but unknowingly falls for one of the Riddler's henchmen (guest star Robert Buckley). Meanwhile, Teddy (Danny Pudi) and Ron (Ron Funches) find a Batman artifact and discover Van's (Alan Tudyk) superhero fantasy. Christina Kirk also stars.
Baskets - "Marthager" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Martha books Chip a gig at a car crash.
Thursday, February 23
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Catch John on a repeat of the 2015 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Get Out in the 9am hour. He appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Rob Huebel (Transparent/Burning Love) - Rob drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Enagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Schneider (Real Rob/Rob/Men Behaving Badly) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.