Sunday, July 11, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 5, week of June 28-July 4)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode on 4th of July at 7pm did only 1.09 million and only a 0.5 18-49 rating for series lows and even lower than previous week. It should go up tonight, if not...Fox needs to pull it.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.2 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Way down from previous week because of the 4th of July.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Just 2.15 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, way down from previous week but it did build from the lead-in in 18-49 ever so slightly.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.77 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating...way down from previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a bit better with 2.96 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.15 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down from previous week. The regular 9:30pm airing was preempted.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of ABC summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates from 9-11pm. NBC will have Dateline at 7pm followed by the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then just what we need, two-hour encores of America's Got Talent from 9-11. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday premiere of Big Brother 12 and then crime repeats from 9-11.
Coming Week Preview (July 5-10):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have yet another America's Got Talent repeat at 8pm, then a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm, and a new Dateline at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have a repeat of Wipeout, then an all-new episode of the high stakes game show Downfall and the addicting Primetime: Family Secrets at 10. NBC has a new Losing it with Jillian and a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox preempts Hell's Kitchen for coverage of the 2010 MLB All-Star Game from Anaheim. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new Pretty Little Liars at 8 on ABC Family and the series premiere of new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies (with a special airing of Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown at 8) and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, its new summer home. CBS will the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have the fifth episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, as we are now half way through the first season.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special new Thursday Wipeout followed by episode four of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a special backdoor pilot movie called The Jensen Project from 8-10pm starring Kellie Martin, preempting Friday Night Lights and shortening Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint now at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a new episode of new series The Bridge at 8pm and then later a 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC is in repeats, with Wipeout, Rookie Blue & Castle from 8-11pm. NBC has a new episode of Persons Unknown at 8 then crime repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.