Sunday, July 11, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 5, week of June 28-July 4)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode on 4th of July at 7pm did only 1.09 million and only a 0.5 18-49 rating for series lows and even lower than previous week. It should go up tonight, if not...Fox needs to pull it.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.2 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Way down from previous week because of the 4th of July.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Just 2.15 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, way down from previous week but it did build from the lead-in in 18-49 ever so slightly.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did only 2.77 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating...way down from previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a bit better with 2.96 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.15 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down from previous week. The regular 9:30pm airing was preempted.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of ABC summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates from 9-11pm. NBC will have Dateline at 7pm followed by the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then just what we need, two-hour encores of America's Got Talent from 9-11. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday premiere of Big Brother 12 and then crime repeats from 9-11.
Coming Week Preview (July 5-10):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have yet another America's Got Talent repeat at 8pm, then a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm, and a new Dateline at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have a repeat of Wipeout, then an all-new episode of the high stakes game show Downfall and the addicting Primetime: Family Secrets at 10. NBC has a new Losing it with Jillian and a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox preempts Hell's Kitchen for coverage of the 2010 MLB All-Star Game from Anaheim. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new Pretty Little Liars at 8 on ABC Family and the series premiere of new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies (with a special airing of Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown at 8) and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, its new summer home. CBS will the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have the fifth episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, as we are now half way through the first season.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special new Thursday Wipeout followed by episode four of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a special backdoor pilot movie called The Jensen Project from 8-10pm starring Kellie Martin, preempting Friday Night Lights and shortening Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint now at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a new episode of new series The Bridge at 8pm and then later a 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC is in repeats, with Wipeout, Rookie Blue & Castle from 8-11pm. NBC has a new episode of Persons Unknown at 8 then crime repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.