Thursday, July 08, 2010
OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
The Office (NBC)
Modern Family (ABC)
30 Rock (NBC)
Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: The Big Bang Theory even though I didn't predict that. Family Guy didn't get nominated this year.
OUTSTANDING LEAD COMEDY ACTOR
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (NBC)
Tony Shalhoub, Monk (USA Network)
Matthew Morrison, Glee (Fox)
Steve Carell, The Office (NBC)
Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: No one really, I got them all right.
OUTSTANDING LEAD COMEDY ACTRESS
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
Lea Michelle, Glee (Fox)
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (NBC)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Old Christine (CBS)
Tina Fey, 30 Rock (NBC)
Toni Collette, United States of Tara (Showtime)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: No Courteney Cox? Julia Louis-Dreyfus is surprising.
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING COMEDY ACTOR
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family (ABC)
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family (ABC)
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men (CBS)
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
Chris Colfer, Glee (Fox)
Ty Burrell, Modern Family (ABC)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: Ed O'Neill, but Jesse Tyler Ferguson made up for that. Also no Jeremy Piven and Tracy Morgan.
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING COMEDY ACTRESS
Holland Taylor, Two and a Half Men (CBS)
Julie Bowen, Modern Family (ABC)
Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock (NBC)
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family (ABC)
Kristin Wiig, SNL (NBC)
Jane Lynch, Glee (Fox)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: Vanessa Williams. She should be here rather than Holland Taylor.
OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Good Wife (CBS)
True Blood (HBO)
Mad Men (AMC)
Breaking Bad (AMC)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: Sons of Anarchy & Damages. True Blood is surprising.
OUTSTANDING LEAD DRAMA ACTOR
Hugh Laurie, House (Fox)
Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights (NBC)
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Matthew Fox, Lost (ABC)
Michael C. Hall, Dexter (Showtime)
Jon Hamm, Mad Men (AMC)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: Maybe Simon Baker, but none really...no one thought Kyle Chandler and Matthew Fox would be nominated! Congrats to them and so glad I predicted Matthew Fox!
OUTSTANDING LEAD DRAMA ACTRESS
Glenn Close, Damages (FX)
Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights (NBC)
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer (TNT)
January Jones, Mad Men (AMC)
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife (CBS)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: None, but Sally Field should be here. Hargitay once again?
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING DRAMA ACTOR
Martin Short, Damages (FX)
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Andre Braugher, Men of a Certain Age (TNT)
John Slattery, Mad Men (AMC)
Terry O'Quinn, Lost (ABC)
Michael Emerson, Lost (ABC)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: None really, maybe John Goodman who I predicted.
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING DRAMA ACTRESS
Sharon Gless, Burn Notice (USA Network)
Ross Byrne, Damages (FX)
Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife (CBS)
Christine Hendricks, Mad Men (AMC)
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife (CBS)
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men (AMC)
SURPRISE OMISSIONS: Lot of surprises here, no one from Grey's.
View the full list of nominations. The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards air Sunday, August 29 at 8pm on NBC.
TV Land has announced the second season pick-up of its hit original scripted sitcom, Hot in Cleveland. The network will start production of 20 new episodes in October 2010 with a launch tentatively scheduled for January 2011. Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White will return as series regulars for all 20 episodes. The first season has an order of 10 episodes, so the second season will double that!
Currently, Hot in Cleveland airs on Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) and is the network's first foray into original scripted programming. The show debuted June 16 to critical acclaim and record-breaking ratings. The series premiere was the highest-rated and most-watched show in all of cable that day among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54, Women 18-49, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers according to The Nielsen Company. To date, the series is averaging a 2.1 rating among Adults 25-54, a 2.7 among Women 25-54, a 1.7 among Adults 18-49 and a 2.1 among Women 18-49. The show is delivering 4.7 million total viewers.
Following the domestic success, Endemol has acquired Hot in Cleveland for global distribution. The show premiered in Canada on July 5, 2010 and quickly became the #1 ranked new import comedy of the year. The premiere telecast delivered a whopping 1.82 million total viewers, which is the U.S. delivery equivalent of 11.8 million viewers. Endemol will launch the series at MIPCOM 2010.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.