Sunday, June 06, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 24-30)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.24 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Not bad.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.78 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.85 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...and also up from year-to-year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.47 million and a 3.0 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49. I am dying to see how this show does Thursdays at 8 next season. Whatever it is, I don't see it doing the big numbers of this year in that slot.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did a prelim 4.53 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat. Final ratings were not available for the Wednesday sitcom repeats yet.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) -As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did a prelim 4.62 million and a prelim 1.5 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - 2 repeats, including the pilot at 8pm, averaged a prelim 5.02 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Not bad in viewers for repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 4.92 million and a prelim 1.6 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did a prelim 3.68 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating. Could be better.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A third airing this week was lower than Monday and Wednesday airings, doing 3.92 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. These are finals.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - Also a third airing this week did 4.37 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, once again building from its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.99 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Slightly better than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The second episode did 2.22 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Ouch. Down in viewers but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - No finals yet for this. The regular 9pm edition repeat did only a prelim 2.78 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. A 10pm repeat did a prelim 2.94 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating...a bit better.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did a prelim 2.84 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in. Not final.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing a prelim 2.55 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. Not final. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. In a battle of sports, ABC airs Game 2 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET and NBC airing the Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 starting at 8pm ET. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by repeats.
Coming Week Preview (June 7-13):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have the two-hour season premiere of Last Comic Standing at 8pm followed by premiere of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have the summer premiere of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode two of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #3 leading into Game 3 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, followed by Losing it with Jillian at 10pm. Fox has an all-new Hell's Kitchen at 8pm, followed by the season finale of Glee at 9pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, preempting America's Got Talent. NBC must be pissed. No word as of yet, if NBC plans on airing Talent on Thursday this week. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! And again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #4 at 8pm. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. And as with every other day this week, CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the 2010 FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert from 8-10pm followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, if necessary. Fox will air a burn-off episode of the canceled Past Life at 8. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, its first new airing of the week, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. The CW is in repeats again.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC and NBC are in repeats.
And next Sunday, ABC will have Game 5 of the NBA Finals starting at 7:30pm ET with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #5 at 7pm. CBS has 60 Minutes & The 64th Annual Tony Awards. NBC will have a new Dateline in the 7pm hour, followed by reality repeats. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.