Sunday, June 06, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 24-30)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.24 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Not bad.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.78 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.85 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...and also up from year-to-year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.47 million and a 3.0 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49. I am dying to see how this show does Thursdays at 8 next season. Whatever it is, I don't see it doing the big numbers of this year in that slot.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did a prelim 4.53 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat. Final ratings were not available for the Wednesday sitcom repeats yet.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) -As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did a prelim 4.62 million and a prelim 1.5 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - 2 repeats, including the pilot at 8pm, averaged a prelim 5.02 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Not bad in viewers for repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 4.92 million and a prelim 1.6 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did a prelim 3.68 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating. Could be better.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A third airing this week was lower than Monday and Wednesday airings, doing 3.92 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. These are finals.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - Also a third airing this week did 4.37 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, once again building from its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.99 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Slightly better than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The second episode did 2.22 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Ouch. Down in viewers but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - No finals yet for this. The regular 9pm edition repeat did only a prelim 2.78 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. A 10pm repeat did a prelim 2.94 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating...a bit better.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did a prelim 2.84 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in. Not final.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing a prelim 2.55 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. Not final. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. In a battle of sports, ABC airs Game 2 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET and NBC airing the Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 starting at 8pm ET. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by repeats.
Coming Week Preview (June 7-13):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have the two-hour season premiere of Last Comic Standing at 8pm followed by premiere of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have the summer premiere of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode two of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #3 leading into Game 3 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, followed by Losing it with Jillian at 10pm. Fox has an all-new Hell's Kitchen at 8pm, followed by the season finale of Glee at 9pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, preempting America's Got Talent. NBC must be pissed. No word as of yet, if NBC plans on airing Talent on Thursday this week. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! And again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #4 at 8pm. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. And as with every other day this week, CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the 2010 FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert from 8-10pm followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, if necessary. Fox will air a burn-off episode of the canceled Past Life at 8. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, its first new airing of the week, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. The CW is in repeats again.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC and NBC are in repeats.
And next Sunday, ABC will have Game 5 of the NBA Finals starting at 7:30pm ET with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #5 at 7pm. CBS has 60 Minutes & The 64th Annual Tony Awards. NBC will have a new Dateline in the 7pm hour, followed by reality repeats. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.