Sunday, June 06, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 24-30)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - preempted, new episodes return tonight (June 6).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.24 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Not bad.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.78 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.85 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...and also up from year-to-year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.47 million and a 3.0 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49. I am dying to see how this show does Thursdays at 8 next season. Whatever it is, I don't see it doing the big numbers of this year in that slot.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did a prelim 4.53 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat. Final ratings were not available for the Wednesday sitcom repeats yet.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) -As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did a prelim 4.62 million and a prelim 1.5 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - 2 repeats, including the pilot at 8pm, averaged a prelim 5.02 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating. Not bad in viewers for repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 4.92 million and a prelim 1.6 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did a prelim 3.68 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating. Could be better.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A third airing this week was lower than Monday and Wednesday airings, doing 3.92 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. These are finals.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - Also a third airing this week did 4.37 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, once again building from its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.99 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Slightly better than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The second episode did 2.22 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Ouch. Down in viewers but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - No finals yet for this. The regular 9pm edition repeat did only a prelim 2.78 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. A 10pm repeat did a prelim 2.94 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating...a bit better.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did a prelim 2.84 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in. Not final.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing a prelim 2.55 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating. Not final. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. In a battle of sports, ABC airs Game 2 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET and NBC airing the Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 starting at 8pm ET. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by repeats.
Coming Week Preview (June 7-13):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have the two-hour season premiere of Last Comic Standing at 8pm followed by premiere of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have the summer premiere of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode two of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #3 leading into Game 3 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, followed by Losing it with Jillian at 10pm. Fox has an all-new Hell's Kitchen at 8pm, followed by the season finale of Glee at 9pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, preempting America's Got Talent. NBC must be pissed. No word as of yet, if NBC plans on airing Talent on Thursday this week. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! And again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #4 at 8pm. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. And as with every other day this week, CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the 2010 FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert from 8-10pm followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, if necessary. Fox will air a burn-off episode of the canceled Past Life at 8. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, its first new airing of the week, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. The CW is in repeats again.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC and NBC are in repeats.
And next Sunday, ABC will have Game 5 of the NBA Finals starting at 7:30pm ET with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #5 at 7pm. CBS has 60 Minutes & The 64th Annual Tony Awards. NBC will have a new Dateline in the 7pm hour, followed by reality repeats. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.