Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Spike TV Acquires Walker Texas Ranger, More Changes to July 2010; Denver's RTV Adds More Classic Series
The series will get a four-day marathon airing 9am-6pm from July 6-9. After the marathon, Chuck Norris and company will air weekdays from 3-6pm. This means the schedule will change for the rest of the day, too. CSI will no longer air all day in daytime, instead CSI will now be weekdays 9am-12pm. From 12pm-3pm will now be The Unit, which returns to the weekday line-up. From 6pm-1am there will be a mix of originals & movies and Entourage on Monday nights from 10pm-12am. In the late night there will be CSI at 1am, along with sporadic airings of Star Trek: Voyager, Unsolved Mysteries, Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol, and The Shield sometime between 2-4am.
On weekends, returning to Spike TV will be the sitcom Married...with Children! Al Bundy and the Bundy family will only air Sundays, though. Sunday mornings from 9am-11am starting Sunday, July 11. Married...with Children last aired on a Viacom network on Comedy Central. In fact, Comedy Central has scheduled a filler airing of the show on Saturday, June 26 at 8am.
Back to Walker, Texas Ranger, the series will continue to air on Universal owned-networks USA Network and Sleuth. USA doesn't have it on the schedule in July, but Sleuth will continue to air it in July in marathon blocks. Currently, USA Network is only airing it on Wednesday mornings. USA Network has aired the series since Aug. 1997, so that is almost 13 years! The Spike TV deal is happening because Hallmark Channel lost rights to the series. Hallmark obtained the series in Fall 2004 and shared it with USA Network, now Spike TV will share it with them. Hallmark last aired the series on weekends this past fall through end of December 2009.
And if you want even more Walker, Texas Ranger, another cable network will start airing it in September. Does this mean USA/Sleuth will lose rights by then? We're not sure, but we'll find out. Stay with us starting next month for all the cable network fall schedules!
KCDO in Denver is adding more classic TV to its line-up! They are a Retro Television affiliate, but will even expand on RTV's line-up by adding more classic series! Effective Monday, June 28, 2010, KCDO, which can be seen by OTA, Comcast, Dish, DirecTV in the Denver area, will a few of their own shows to mix in with the RTV lineup. KCDO's own purchases includes Get Smart, Hawaii Five-0, Streets of San Francisco, The Beverly Hillbillies and Mission: Impossible. It seems KCDO has a deal with CBS Paramount, as all of those are owned by Paramount. RTV's series are mostly owned by Universal, which include series like McHale's Navy, The Rockford Files, Quincy, Magnum P.I., and Emergency!
This is a good move by KDCO to add even more classic TV to a classic TV line-up. Hopefully more RTV stations follow. Maybe RTV will get the idea to acquire more series from other libraries.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Line Substitution Solution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon hires Stuart to spend the day with Amy when he’d rather go to a movie screening. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly (Christine Baranski), comes to town and Penny struggles to make a connection with her.
The Odd Couple - "An Oscar Named Desire" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oscar and Charlotte hit a speed bump when they hesitate to take their relationship to the next level. Also, Felix attempts to overcome his fear of dogs with Teddy’s help when Emily regains custody of Biscuit.
Mom - "Pure Evil and a Free Piece of Cheesecake" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Christy learns she made the Dean’s List at school, she is disappointed by Bonnie’s lackluster response. Richard Schiff guest stars as Robert, Bonnie’s fantasy co-worker.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Ten Inches" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline need more space for their renovated dessert bar, they’re willing to do just about anything to convince Angie (Lisa Lampanelli), the brash owner of the pizza place next door, to rent them her back office.
Thursday, May 5
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Catch Rob on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Dana Carvey (One of the Boys) - Dana appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about First Impressions on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis (The Grinder/Perfect Couples/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Mary appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena gives highlights of this year's Bentonville Film Festival on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.