Thursday, May 06, 2010
Then in the 6pm hour, back-to-back Good Times will be added replacing an hour of Cedric, but that is moving to 3:30pm, as I mentioned. In the 7pm hour, an episode each of Living Single and Eve will air replacing Martin and Good Times. During the 8pm hour, TV One will now air All of Us and the short-lived Tracy Morgan Show, replacing more Martin and Good Times. Remember The Tracy Morgan Show gets a Memorial Day (May 31) launch before joining the schedule on June 14. Anyway, back to the changes, during the 9pm & 12am hours, back-to-back episodes of Martin will air replacing Living Single and Half & Half. Everything else during weekdays remains the same, including A Different World in the 10pm & 1am hours.
The Saturday morning sitcom block will get a little change, too, starting Saturday, June 19. The Jeffersons moves into the 7am hour replacing The Hughleys, while That's My Mama returns to the schedule and will air in the 10am hour replacing The Jeffersons.
So, let's recap... The Tracy Morgan Show joins the schedule, while The PJs, Where I Live, Eve and That's My Mama return to the schedule. Leaving the regular schedule are The Hughleys and Half & Half.
Moving on to the stunts for June, on Saturday, June 26 beginning at 1pm through 8pm (select encores from 2am-6am), TV One's Our Music Month is in full effect as TV One presents the Half & Half: "Must Be the Music" marathon consisting of episodes of the sitcom with guest appearances from some of the music industry greats including DMX, Tyrese Gibson, Musiq Soulchild, Faith Evans, MC Lyte, Ginuwine, Eric Benet, and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis.
Stay with us for any further updates on TV One June 2010!
A&E had their upfront yesterday and announced several original series. We won't cover them all, but there are new unscripted series featuring TV stars like David Hasselhoff, Bob Saget, and Tony Danza.
For the David Hasselhoff series, in between stints on TV (Knight Rider, Baywatch), starring roles on Broadway, live performances and business ventures that have taken him worldwide, David Hasselhoff is also a single dad, raising two teenage daughters, Taylor-Ann, 19, and Hayley, 17, who both are aspiring singers. The series will follow David as he steps in and out of the limelight, assumes the role of ultimate "stage dad" for his daughters as he tries to utilize his connections in order to help them break into the recording industry, and we'll find out ultimately who is running the show in "The Hoff" household. The series is set to premiere this Fall and will have 10 half-hour episodes.
Then next a series with Bob Saget (Full House, Surviving Suburbia)! Bob Saget takes his unflinching, comedic observations about offbeat lifestyles on the road in the new series Strange Days with Bob Saget. He'll immerse himself in cultures, practices, and occupations that few people have ever experienced, and always with hilarious and thought-provoking results. One week, Bob will be riding 1500 miles in a sidecar with some hardcore bikers, the next he will be deep inside the forest as part of mass expedition looking for Bigfoot, another week he will be living for a week as a fraternity brother at one of the nations most acclaimed universities. Through his firsthand encounters, viewers will get an intimate look at a wide variety of subcultures, and with Bob Saget's unique blend of heart and humor, this show will not only make us laugh but make us reevaluate our perceptions of why people do the things they do. The series will air later this year and will have 6 one-hour episodes.
And finally A&E will team up with Tony Danza (Taxi, Who's the Boss?)! After more than 30 years in entertainment as an actor, talk show host, Broadway star, cookbook author, pro boxer and song and dance man, Tony Danza faces his toughest audience to date - high school students - in the series Teach: Tony Danza. Long before the launch of Danza's showbiz career, he hoped to be a teacher and even earned a degree in history to pursue that dream. Teach: Tony Danza chronicles Danza's journey as he returns to his original dream and takes on the role of English teacher for a class of sophomore students at Northeast High School in Philadelphia. Danza must do some learning of his own as he adapts to the demands of teaching two back-to-back 45 minute periods and handling his diverse class of students of varying abilities. He must also learn to manage extra-curricular activities, charity events and to juggle his personal life throughout the school year. Viewers will experience the trials and tribulations of a first year teacher through the eyes of Danza, his peers, school administrators, and most importantly... his students. The series will air later this year and will have 7 one-hour episodes.
A&E has solidified its place as the fourth largest entertainment cable network among adults 18-49, continuing its phenomenal ratings growth behind the strength of the network's Real Life Drama brand and expansive slate of original series. Commitment to original programming targeting younger adult audiences has been paramount to A&E's success. Season-to-date, A&E has 55% original programs in primetime, significantly more than any other top-tier entertainment cable network - TBS (15%), TNT (14%), USA (12%) and FX (11%). In 2009, A&E's twelve original series returning in 2010 averaged a 40 median age, a remarkable 19 years younger than the median age of A&E's original series in 2003.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.