Thursday, May 27, 2010
That is all that will be changing, so the rest of the line-up will remain intact as it is now. The Nanny is slated to air on sister network TV Land starting in August, so we're not sure yet if it will move totally to TV Land or also air on Nick at Nite. Currently, The Cosby Show is airing on both networks, so The Nanny could also. Stay with us.
Highlights for Nick at Nite June 2010 is a bit of a blur right now, but we do have SOME info. There will be a week-long George Lopez Marathon from Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 airing all night from 10pm-6am. We'll have details shortly. Nick at Nite will also air a few Sunday movies in June, with the network premiere of the film Look Who's Talking on Sunday, June 13 from 8-10pm. On Father's Day (June 20), Nick at Nite will present a rebroadcast of the original movie Mr. Troop Mom starring George Lopez from 9-11pm. And finally, original series Glenn Martin, DDS continues to air Fridays at 10:30pm.
For now, view the complete details of Nick at Nite June 2010, including the full schedule. If there is anything more added, we'll let you know.
Starting in 2012, Disney-owned SOAPnet will shut its doors for good...but the network will turn into a cable network for pre-schoolers. Disney/ABC Television Group will launch Disney Junior, a new multiplatform brand and 24-hour basic cable/satellite channel and online site devoted to preschool-age children. Scheduled to debut in the U.S. in 2012, Disney Junior will invite mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, both classic and new, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7.
The 24-hour Disney Junior schedule will include 200 new episodes annually of both new series, including Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and current hits, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Jungle Junction. Disney's vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including among others 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and Little Mermaid, will be showcased.
In the U.S., the new Disney Junior channel will take the place of the SOAPnet channel, currently available in 75 million homes. Prior to the launch of the 24-hour channel, the Disney Junior brand will be introduced on Disney Channel's daily programming block for preschoolers (currently branded Playhouse Disney). The decision to ultimately transition SOAPnet to accomplish this was not arrived at lightly. SOAPnet was created in 2000 to give daytime viewers the ability to watch time-shifted soaps, before multiplatform viewing and DVRs were part of our vocabulary. But today, as technology and our businesses evolve, it makes more sense to align this distribution with a preschool channel that builds on the core strengths of our company, Disney says.
While I don't mind this change, since SOAPnet's original goal has changed due to technology, I wish Disney-ABC would also create a network for adults. Something like USA Network or TNT, where they can repurpose some of ABC's dramas, develop new series, and air off-network programming from the Disney archive. Just my opinion. Some of the off-network properties of SOAPnet like Beverly Hills 90210 or One Tree Hill could even air there. But since that isn't happening it seems, looks like they will need new cable homes come 2012. This is good news for families with young kids as they get another sure-to-be-a success in Disney Junior.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 9
Fresh Off the Boat - "Love and Loopholes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Honey and Marvin babysit the boys so Jessica and Louis can enjoy a Valentine’s Day evening out. But Emery makes an alarming discovery when he walks in on his parents’ special alone time. Meanwhile, Eddie pulls out all the stops to take Alison to the Janet Jackson concert.
The Muppets - "A Tale of Two Piggies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up.
New Girl - "Reagan" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A beautiful pharmaceutical rep (guest star Megan Fox) enters the gang’s life when she agrees to sublet Jess’ room while she is on jury duty.
Grandfathered - "The Biter" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Edie is bitten at school, Jimmy and Sara go to great lengths to find out who did it. Meanwhile, Ravi sets up a meeting for Gerald and Vanessa to meet a flashy tech investor named Kirk (Drake Bell), but once they meet him, they are not so sure they’d like to do business with him.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The 9-8" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Nine-Nine host the detectives from the Nine-Eight, their neighboring precinct, reuniting Jake with his old partner (guest star Damon Wayans, Jr.). Charles is immediately jealous and tries to reclaim his best friend status with Jake. Meanwhile, the rest of the precinct tries to be welcoming to the Nine-Eight, but it doesn’t go as well as they had planned.
The Grinder - "The Retooling of Dean Sanderson" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dean scares off a big prospective client by being too dramatic, Stewart tells him maybe it’s finally time to let go of his “Grinder” persona and come down to earth. He tries to convince Dean he should go to therapy. Dean reluctantly agrees, but in typical Dean fashion, he overcorrects and begins “therapizing” the whole family, including Debbie, who is now tempted to quit her grueling job.
Born Again Virgin - "A Pregnant Pause" (TV One, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddy's upsetting news to her boyfriend, Cedric; Loretta enhances her image; Kayla goes on a hunger strike for a worthy cause.
Born Again Virgin - "Mama-Pause" (TV One, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna’s mom comes to visit and brings her own brand of crazy, which we later find out is exacerbated by the onset of menopause. In an effort to escape Jenna’s mom, Tara and Kelly seek refuge in Donovan’s apartment and worm their way into helping him prepare for his impending trial.
Zoe Ever After - "The Interview" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Zoe is livid when she suspects Miguel has told Gemini about her Atlantic City getaway; Gemini finally gets the spotlight.
Tuesday, February 9
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats about The Grinder on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan and her husband DeVon Franklin talk about their new book The Wait on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about Zoe Ever After and her new music on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is strapped in a Velcro suit and he's playing a game to win prizes for the audience on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Joe Manganiello (Mom/How I Met Your Mother) - Joe discusses his guest starring role on Mom on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS and on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. and the cast of Deadpool are guests on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Kyle Mooney (Hello Ladies) - Kyle talks about Zoolander 2 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison talks about How to Be Single ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason talks about Tumbledown on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Fuller House - Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.