Thursday, May 27, 2010
That is all that will be changing, so the rest of the line-up will remain intact as it is now. The Nanny is slated to air on sister network TV Land starting in August, so we're not sure yet if it will move totally to TV Land or also air on Nick at Nite. Currently, The Cosby Show is airing on both networks, so The Nanny could also. Stay with us.
Highlights for Nick at Nite June 2010 is a bit of a blur right now, but we do have SOME info. There will be a week-long George Lopez Marathon from Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 airing all night from 10pm-6am. We'll have details shortly. Nick at Nite will also air a few Sunday movies in June, with the network premiere of the film Look Who's Talking on Sunday, June 13 from 8-10pm. On Father's Day (June 20), Nick at Nite will present a rebroadcast of the original movie Mr. Troop Mom starring George Lopez from 9-11pm. And finally, original series Glenn Martin, DDS continues to air Fridays at 10:30pm.
For now, view the complete details of Nick at Nite June 2010, including the full schedule. If there is anything more added, we'll let you know.
Starting in 2012, Disney-owned SOAPnet will shut its doors for good...but the network will turn into a cable network for pre-schoolers. Disney/ABC Television Group will launch Disney Junior, a new multiplatform brand and 24-hour basic cable/satellite channel and online site devoted to preschool-age children. Scheduled to debut in the U.S. in 2012, Disney Junior will invite mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, both classic and new, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7.
The 24-hour Disney Junior schedule will include 200 new episodes annually of both new series, including Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and current hits, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Jungle Junction. Disney's vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including among others 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and Little Mermaid, will be showcased.
In the U.S., the new Disney Junior channel will take the place of the SOAPnet channel, currently available in 75 million homes. Prior to the launch of the 24-hour channel, the Disney Junior brand will be introduced on Disney Channel's daily programming block for preschoolers (currently branded Playhouse Disney). The decision to ultimately transition SOAPnet to accomplish this was not arrived at lightly. SOAPnet was created in 2000 to give daytime viewers the ability to watch time-shifted soaps, before multiplatform viewing and DVRs were part of our vocabulary. But today, as technology and our businesses evolve, it makes more sense to align this distribution with a preschool channel that builds on the core strengths of our company, Disney says.
While I don't mind this change, since SOAPnet's original goal has changed due to technology, I wish Disney-ABC would also create a network for adults. Something like USA Network or TNT, where they can repurpose some of ABC's dramas, develop new series, and air off-network programming from the Disney archive. Just my opinion. Some of the off-network properties of SOAPnet like Beverly Hills 90210 or One Tree Hill could even air there. But since that isn't happening it seems, looks like they will need new cable homes come 2012. This is good news for families with young kids as they get another sure-to-be-a success in Disney Junior.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 4
Friday, September 4
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on the AOL Build Show, New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET and on HuffPost Live at 3:28pm.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Catch Miley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Keegan-Michael Key (Playing House/Gary Unmarried) - Keegan-Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on People Chatter.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy performs on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie will be on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show/Minor Adjustments) - Wendy appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed talks about his film Vacation on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri talks about Mr. Robinson on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle breaks down the hottest headlines of the day on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym tries out extreme-fitness dating, dog-park dating and paper-bag dating on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on People Now.
- Teyonah Parris (Survivor's Remorse) - Teyonah will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.