Thursday, May 27, 2010
That is all that will be changing, so the rest of the line-up will remain intact as it is now. The Nanny is slated to air on sister network TV Land starting in August, so we're not sure yet if it will move totally to TV Land or also air on Nick at Nite. Currently, The Cosby Show is airing on both networks, so The Nanny could also. Stay with us.
Highlights for Nick at Nite June 2010 is a bit of a blur right now, but we do have SOME info. There will be a week-long George Lopez Marathon from Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 airing all night from 10pm-6am. We'll have details shortly. Nick at Nite will also air a few Sunday movies in June, with the network premiere of the film Look Who's Talking on Sunday, June 13 from 8-10pm. On Father's Day (June 20), Nick at Nite will present a rebroadcast of the original movie Mr. Troop Mom starring George Lopez from 9-11pm. And finally, original series Glenn Martin, DDS continues to air Fridays at 10:30pm.
For now, view the complete details of Nick at Nite June 2010, including the full schedule. If there is anything more added, we'll let you know.
Starting in 2012, Disney-owned SOAPnet will shut its doors for good...but the network will turn into a cable network for pre-schoolers. Disney/ABC Television Group will launch Disney Junior, a new multiplatform brand and 24-hour basic cable/satellite channel and online site devoted to preschool-age children. Scheduled to debut in the U.S. in 2012, Disney Junior will invite mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, both classic and new, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7.
The 24-hour Disney Junior schedule will include 200 new episodes annually of both new series, including Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and current hits, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Jungle Junction. Disney's vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including among others 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and Little Mermaid, will be showcased.
In the U.S., the new Disney Junior channel will take the place of the SOAPnet channel, currently available in 75 million homes. Prior to the launch of the 24-hour channel, the Disney Junior brand will be introduced on Disney Channel's daily programming block for preschoolers (currently branded Playhouse Disney). The decision to ultimately transition SOAPnet to accomplish this was not arrived at lightly. SOAPnet was created in 2000 to give daytime viewers the ability to watch time-shifted soaps, before multiplatform viewing and DVRs were part of our vocabulary. But today, as technology and our businesses evolve, it makes more sense to align this distribution with a preschool channel that builds on the core strengths of our company, Disney says.
While I don't mind this change, since SOAPnet's original goal has changed due to technology, I wish Disney-ABC would also create a network for adults. Something like USA Network or TNT, where they can repurpose some of ABC's dramas, develop new series, and air off-network programming from the Disney archive. Just my opinion. Some of the off-network properties of SOAPnet like Beverly Hills 90210 or One Tree Hill could even air there. But since that isn't happening it seems, looks like they will need new cable homes come 2012. This is good news for families with young kids as they get another sure-to-be-a success in Disney Junior.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 29
Bunk'd - "Bride and Doom" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The campers learn about the ghost that haunts Kikiwaka; a camp wedding may be the way to rid the camp of her spirit.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Mother's Day Gift" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Instead of including the rest of her siblings, Harley decides to go solo on her Mother's Day Gift idea.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "It's a Woman's World" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Joseph make assumptions about the other's job.
Friday, April 29
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Watch Don on repeats of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC and The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry talks about Mother's Day on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia talks about Keanu on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Dave Coulier (Fulller House/Full House) - David is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena and Susan Sarandon reunite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thelma & Louise on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about Changing Normal on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Tia Mowry-Hardict (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ariana Neal (Nicki) - Ariana appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) and Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jennifer and Jason talk about Mother's Day on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.