Thursday, May 27, 2010
That is all that will be changing, so the rest of the line-up will remain intact as it is now. The Nanny is slated to air on sister network TV Land starting in August, so we're not sure yet if it will move totally to TV Land or also air on Nick at Nite. Currently, The Cosby Show is airing on both networks, so The Nanny could also. Stay with us.
Highlights for Nick at Nite June 2010 is a bit of a blur right now, but we do have SOME info. There will be a week-long George Lopez Marathon from Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 airing all night from 10pm-6am. We'll have details shortly. Nick at Nite will also air a few Sunday movies in June, with the network premiere of the film Look Who's Talking on Sunday, June 13 from 8-10pm. On Father's Day (June 20), Nick at Nite will present a rebroadcast of the original movie Mr. Troop Mom starring George Lopez from 9-11pm. And finally, original series Glenn Martin, DDS continues to air Fridays at 10:30pm.
For now, view the complete details of Nick at Nite June 2010, including the full schedule. If there is anything more added, we'll let you know.
Starting in 2012, Disney-owned SOAPnet will shut its doors for good...but the network will turn into a cable network for pre-schoolers. Disney/ABC Television Group will launch Disney Junior, a new multiplatform brand and 24-hour basic cable/satellite channel and online site devoted to preschool-age children. Scheduled to debut in the U.S. in 2012, Disney Junior will invite mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, both classic and new, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7.
The 24-hour Disney Junior schedule will include 200 new episodes annually of both new series, including Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and current hits, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Jungle Junction. Disney's vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including among others 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and Little Mermaid, will be showcased.
In the U.S., the new Disney Junior channel will take the place of the SOAPnet channel, currently available in 75 million homes. Prior to the launch of the 24-hour channel, the Disney Junior brand will be introduced on Disney Channel's daily programming block for preschoolers (currently branded Playhouse Disney). The decision to ultimately transition SOAPnet to accomplish this was not arrived at lightly. SOAPnet was created in 2000 to give daytime viewers the ability to watch time-shifted soaps, before multiplatform viewing and DVRs were part of our vocabulary. But today, as technology and our businesses evolve, it makes more sense to align this distribution with a preschool channel that builds on the core strengths of our company, Disney says.
While I don't mind this change, since SOAPnet's original goal has changed due to technology, I wish Disney-ABC would also create a network for adults. Something like USA Network or TNT, where they can repurpose some of ABC's dramas, develop new series, and air off-network programming from the Disney archive. Just my opinion. Some of the off-network properties of SOAPnet like Beverly Hills 90210 or One Tree Hill could even air there. But since that isn't happening it seems, looks like they will need new cable homes come 2012. This is good news for families with young kids as they get another sure-to-be-a success in Disney Junior.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 30
Selfie - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Social Media superstar Eliza Dooley has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But after a workplace mishap goes viral, she quickly realizes that being “instafamous” isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She enlists co-worker and marketing guru, Henry, to ‘rebrand’ her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world, whether she ‘likes’ it or not.
Manhattan Love Story - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In “Pilot,” the audience is introduced to Dana and Peter: young, single and attractive making their way in the big city. Dana grew up in a small town with her sights set on New York romanticizing about the life and love it had to offer while Peter, by contrast, grew up there and feels like he has been there and done that when it comes to life in Manhattan. Dana is determined to succeed in New York in both business and love, while Peter is perfectly content to go on dating his way through it. While it is the streets of New York that offers this duo a first glimpse of each other, it’s family and friends who conspire to set them up. The audience will go along for the ride as they venture on their first date and hear exactly what they really think of each other.
New Girl - "Julie Berkman's Older Sister" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess’ dad (guest star Rob Reiner) arrives with his new girlfriend, who happened to be Jess and Cece’s high-school rival (guest star Kaitlin Olson). Meanwhile, Schmidt recruits the guys to be part of a focus group at work to help him land a big new account.
The Mindy Project - "Crimes & Misdemeanors & Ex-BFs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy comes face-to-face with tax troubles and devises a plan to “rekindle” a fake relationship with Cliff (guest star Glen Howerton), in order to save the practice from her fraudulent past. Meanwhile, Peter and Jeremy secretly try to outdo each other and win Lauren’s (guest star Tracey Wigfield) love.
Tuesday, September 30
- Martin Short (Mulaney/I'm a Big Girl Now) - Catch Martin on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent/Arrested Development/The Larry Sanders Show) - Jeffrey appears on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons and Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - The stars of ABC's black-ish are guests on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Analeigh Tipton and Jake McDorman (Manhattan Love Story/Are You There, Chelsea?/Quintuplets) - The stars of ABC's Manhattan Love Story chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. They also join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie shows the remodel of her personal home on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.