Thursday, May 27, 2010
That is all that will be changing, so the rest of the line-up will remain intact as it is now. The Nanny is slated to air on sister network TV Land starting in August, so we're not sure yet if it will move totally to TV Land or also air on Nick at Nite. Currently, The Cosby Show is airing on both networks, so The Nanny could also. Stay with us.
Highlights for Nick at Nite June 2010 is a bit of a blur right now, but we do have SOME info. There will be a week-long George Lopez Marathon from Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 airing all night from 10pm-6am. We'll have details shortly. Nick at Nite will also air a few Sunday movies in June, with the network premiere of the film Look Who's Talking on Sunday, June 13 from 8-10pm. On Father's Day (June 20), Nick at Nite will present a rebroadcast of the original movie Mr. Troop Mom starring George Lopez from 9-11pm. And finally, original series Glenn Martin, DDS continues to air Fridays at 10:30pm.
For now, view the complete details of Nick at Nite June 2010, including the full schedule. If there is anything more added, we'll let you know.
Starting in 2012, Disney-owned SOAPnet will shut its doors for good...but the network will turn into a cable network for pre-schoolers. Disney/ABC Television Group will launch Disney Junior, a new multiplatform brand and 24-hour basic cable/satellite channel and online site devoted to preschool-age children. Scheduled to debut in the U.S. in 2012, Disney Junior will invite mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, both classic and new, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7.
The 24-hour Disney Junior schedule will include 200 new episodes annually of both new series, including Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and current hits, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Jungle Junction. Disney's vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including among others 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and Little Mermaid, will be showcased.
In the U.S., the new Disney Junior channel will take the place of the SOAPnet channel, currently available in 75 million homes. Prior to the launch of the 24-hour channel, the Disney Junior brand will be introduced on Disney Channel's daily programming block for preschoolers (currently branded Playhouse Disney). The decision to ultimately transition SOAPnet to accomplish this was not arrived at lightly. SOAPnet was created in 2000 to give daytime viewers the ability to watch time-shifted soaps, before multiplatform viewing and DVRs were part of our vocabulary. But today, as technology and our businesses evolve, it makes more sense to align this distribution with a preschool channel that builds on the core strengths of our company, Disney says.
While I don't mind this change, since SOAPnet's original goal has changed due to technology, I wish Disney-ABC would also create a network for adults. Something like USA Network or TNT, where they can repurpose some of ABC's dramas, develop new series, and air off-network programming from the Disney archive. Just my opinion. Some of the off-network properties of SOAPnet like Beverly Hills 90210 or One Tree Hill could even air there. But since that isn't happening it seems, looks like they will need new cable homes come 2012. This is good news for families with young kids as they get another sure-to-be-a success in Disney Junior.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, June 29
The Middle - "Land of the Lost" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie becomes worried about Mike, who is being more quiet and distant than usual, and calls on Reverend TimTom to come over and try to find out what’s troubling him. Meanwhile, Sue invites an excited Brick to spend a weekend with her at college, which includes a tour of the library. But when Sue bumps into Logan — the hunky Abercrombie guy who had asked her out to prom — and once again falls under his dreamy spell, she realizes that Brick is no longer with her and is now missing; and Axl and Hutch decide to take matters into their own hands by complaining to the city when their house is completely overrun with ants, and they discover that they may have even more problems than an insect infestation.
The Goldbergs - "Magic Is Real" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Inspired by David Copperfield’s walk through The Great Wall of China, Adam becomes a magician in order to impress a girl at school. Meanwhile, Barry has no interest in taking the PSAT, but when he discovers his friends and girlfriend plan to do so, he’s hit with a harsh reality.
Modern Family - "Spread Your Wings" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sick of having the ducklings around the house, Claire and the kids seize an opportunity to help expedite the ducks leaving the nest while Phil is off visiting Alex at college. Meanwhile, Jay helps Mitch with Lily’s sleepover with her friends from her Vietnamese dance troupe; and Gloria and Cam are off on a hot pepper heist carefully orchestrated by Manny in order to meet a big hot sauce delivery deadline.
black-ish - "The Leftovers" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Dre and Bow realize they don’t have a legal guardian for their kids, they make it their mission to find replacement parents should anything happen to them. Meanwhile, Zoey and Junior reveal the truth to Jack about their old dog’s death and other family secrets he naively accepted.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Book Club" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eileen faces her book club for the first time after her family’s “outing,” but things take a surprising turn when instead of shunning her the ladies begin opening up – way too much – about their own problems. Kenny’s first trip to the “gayborhood” coffee shop is everything he’d hoped for, until Pat tags along with him to a gay dodge ball match.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Fostered" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Elliot and Alan's new foster daughter turns out to be a teenager with an attitude problem.
Baby Daddy - "Unholy Matrimony" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben pretends to be Bonnie's husband; Danny's fake relationship causes Riley to return to Ross.
Wednesday, June 29
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Watch Adam and Zac Efron on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Julie Klausner (Difficult People) - Julie visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Christian Olsen (The Loop) - Eric appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brett Gelman (Married/Go On) - Brett appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) - Shiri stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace, Jodie and Andrea are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy discusses her roles in everything from The Wedding Planner to 13 Going on 30 and Jurassic World on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about his new movie, Marauders, out Friday, July 1, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jolene Purdy (Benched/10 Things I Hate About You) - Jolene drops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig talks about the new season of UnREAL on People Now at 8:30am.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin talk about VH1's Barely Famous on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) and Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Jason and Eric are guests on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ricky Schroder (Silver Spoons) - Ricky talks about The Fighting Season on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew joins Clinton Kelly to recreate one of his childhood favorites, a Cheeseburger “Funza” Sandwich, on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.