Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Hallmark Channel Acquires Who's the Boss?, Brings Back M*A*S*H; Comedy Central Pulls Married...with Children
Now onto the big news! It's going to be a "brand new life around the bend" for Hallmark as they will add Who's the Boss? to the schedule starting Monday, May 17. The series will air in a two-hour weekday afternoon block from 1-3pm ET/PT. Yes, this means it is replacing 7th Heaven, which will be off the line-up totally as a result. Knowing Hallmark, it could return soon. The addition of Who's the Boss? is certainly a surprise and it seems Hallmark sees the success Alyssa Milano is having in her new ABC sitcom Romantically Challenged that they are airing her first series.
Hallmark has obtained a two-year deal (that began in March) for Who's the Boss? Let's hope the ratings are good and we don't see it off the schedule soon, as Hallmark has had a quick trigger the past few years (ever since Family Ties was dropped quickly a few years ago). Hallmark will start Who's the Boss? with the pilot episode and will run it in airdate order. The series has not aired nationally since ION Television aired it from July 2007-February 2008.
So after you begin watching Who's the Boss? starting May 17 on Hallmark you can see how beautiful Alyssa Milano STILL is now on Romantically Challenged later night that on ABC! Who's the Boss? of course starred Tony Danza, Judith Light, Alyssa Milano, Danny Pintauro, and Katherine Helmond and aired from 1984-92 on ABC.
View and discuss these changes and the addition of Who's the Boss?
Comedy Central has quietly removed Married...with Children from its line-up as of Monday (May 3). The sitcom was airing weekdays in the 9am and 5pm half-hours and at various morning/early afternoon times on weekends. The last airings were this past Sunday (May 2) from 9-10am. Replacing it weekdays at 9am will be various comedy specials and replacing it weekdays at 5pm will be Comedy Central Presents. So the only sitcom the cable network will be airing now is [scrubs].
We will let you know if and when Comedy Central will return Married...with Children. Who knows it might pop-up once again on sister networks Spike TV and TV Land? If not, you can still catch it on TBS every early morning.
And speaking of Ed O'Neill...tune in tonight to Modern Family on ABC for the first of a two-part episode:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 2
Mike & Molly - "The Wreck of the Vincent Moranto" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike is upset and disappointed when Vince bails on finishing a do-it-yourself project they started together.
Mike & Molly - "Baby, Please Don't Go" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Molly brings home a pregnant former student she discovers is homeless.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mystery Date Observation" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon, Wolowitz and Koothrappali post an online advertisement to find Sheldon a new girlfriend. Also, when Amy is coy with details about a guy she is dating, Penny and Bernadette decide to spy. Stephen Merchant guest stars as the mystery man, Dave, and Analeigh Tipton guest stars as Vanessa.
The Odd Couple - "Oscar's Oveture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Oscar attempts to impress Charlotte (Teri Hatcher) by purchasing a table for a fundraiser to benefit The New York Philharmonic. At the event, Felix reminds Oscar about the importance of being honest and Teddy introduces his wife, Diane (Sheryl Underwood), to Dani for the first time.
American Dad - "The Nova Centauris-burgh Board of Tourism Presents: American Dad" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Francine joins Steve and his pals for a live-action role-playing game; Stan opens a Seaworld knock-off in the house.
Angie Tribeca - "The B & B" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The kids recover from food poisoning at a bed and breakfast with southern hospitality and Russian vodka.
Monday, May 2
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carol Kane (Taxi/American Dreamer/Pearl) - Carol drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - John visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki drops by The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris discusses Rosewood on the AOL Build Show at 3:45pm.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on People Now.