Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Hallmark Channel Acquires Who's the Boss?, Brings Back M*A*S*H; Comedy Central Pulls Married...with Children
Now onto the big news! It's going to be a "brand new life around the bend" for Hallmark as they will add Who's the Boss? to the schedule starting Monday, May 17. The series will air in a two-hour weekday afternoon block from 1-3pm ET/PT. Yes, this means it is replacing 7th Heaven, which will be off the line-up totally as a result. Knowing Hallmark, it could return soon. The addition of Who's the Boss? is certainly a surprise and it seems Hallmark sees the success Alyssa Milano is having in her new ABC sitcom Romantically Challenged that they are airing her first series.
Hallmark has obtained a two-year deal (that began in March) for Who's the Boss? Let's hope the ratings are good and we don't see it off the schedule soon, as Hallmark has had a quick trigger the past few years (ever since Family Ties was dropped quickly a few years ago). Hallmark will start Who's the Boss? with the pilot episode and will run it in airdate order. The series has not aired nationally since ION Television aired it from July 2007-February 2008.
So after you begin watching Who's the Boss? starting May 17 on Hallmark you can see how beautiful Alyssa Milano STILL is now on Romantically Challenged later night that on ABC! Who's the Boss? of course starred Tony Danza, Judith Light, Alyssa Milano, Danny Pintauro, and Katherine Helmond and aired from 1984-92 on ABC.
View and discuss these changes and the addition of Who's the Boss?
Comedy Central has quietly removed Married...with Children from its line-up as of Monday (May 3). The sitcom was airing weekdays in the 9am and 5pm half-hours and at various morning/early afternoon times on weekends. The last airings were this past Sunday (May 2) from 9-10am. Replacing it weekdays at 9am will be various comedy specials and replacing it weekdays at 5pm will be Comedy Central Presents. So the only sitcom the cable network will be airing now is [scrubs].
We will let you know if and when Comedy Central will return Married...with Children. Who knows it might pop-up once again on sister networks Spike TV and TV Land? If not, you can still catch it on TBS every early morning.
And speaking of Ed O'Neill...tune in tonight to Modern Family on ABC for the first of a two-part episode:
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.