Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Hallmark Channel Acquires Who's the Boss?, Brings Back M*A*S*H; Comedy Central Pulls Married...with Children
Now onto the big news! It's going to be a "brand new life around the bend" for Hallmark as they will add Who's the Boss? to the schedule starting Monday, May 17. The series will air in a two-hour weekday afternoon block from 1-3pm ET/PT. Yes, this means it is replacing 7th Heaven, which will be off the line-up totally as a result. Knowing Hallmark, it could return soon. The addition of Who's the Boss? is certainly a surprise and it seems Hallmark sees the success Alyssa Milano is having in her new ABC sitcom Romantically Challenged that they are airing her first series.
Hallmark has obtained a two-year deal (that began in March) for Who's the Boss? Let's hope the ratings are good and we don't see it off the schedule soon, as Hallmark has had a quick trigger the past few years (ever since Family Ties was dropped quickly a few years ago). Hallmark will start Who's the Boss? with the pilot episode and will run it in airdate order. The series has not aired nationally since ION Television aired it from July 2007-February 2008.
So after you begin watching Who's the Boss? starting May 17 on Hallmark you can see how beautiful Alyssa Milano STILL is now on Romantically Challenged later night that on ABC! Who's the Boss? of course starred Tony Danza, Judith Light, Alyssa Milano, Danny Pintauro, and Katherine Helmond and aired from 1984-92 on ABC.
View and discuss these changes and the addition of Who's the Boss?
Comedy Central has quietly removed Married...with Children from its line-up as of Monday (May 3). The sitcom was airing weekdays in the 9am and 5pm half-hours and at various morning/early afternoon times on weekends. The last airings were this past Sunday (May 2) from 9-10am. Replacing it weekdays at 9am will be various comedy specials and replacing it weekdays at 5pm will be Comedy Central Presents. So the only sitcom the cable network will be airing now is [scrubs].
We will let you know if and when Comedy Central will return Married...with Children. Who knows it might pop-up once again on sister networks Spike TV and TV Land? If not, you can still catch it on TBS every early morning.
And speaking of Ed O'Neill...tune in tonight to Modern Family on ABC for the first of a two-part episode:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/01 - The League - The Complete Season Six
09/01 - New Girl - The Complete Fourth Season
09/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Two
09/08 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Second Season
09/08 - Mr. Belvedere - Season Four
09/15 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Family Guy - Season 13
09/18 - black-ish - The Complete First Season
09/22 - The Cosby Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 2
09/22 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Good Times - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - King of the Hill - The Complete 12th Season
09/22 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Modern Family - The Complete Sixth Season
09/22 - The Nanny - Season Four
09/22 - The Partridge Family - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/29 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete First Season
09/29 - Mom - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Bachelor Party Corrosion" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The guys’ science skills are put to the test when they get a flat tire during Leonard’s bachelor party weekend in Mexico. Also, the girls force Penny to finally tell her family that she eloped with Leonard.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepy Email Bunch Tree" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt invites Colleen to brunch with the family, he coaches her through the difficult task of connecting with them. Also, John, Matt and Greg try to prove their masculinity by cutting down a tree in Greg's backyard, Tim has an adverse reaction to espresso, and a sleep-deprived Greg has a run-in with the cops.
Significant Mother - "Not About Bob" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Nate asks Sam and Atticus to help convince Jimmy that he made a mistake; Lydia considers advice from her boss; Harrison has a realization about his marriage to Lydia.
Monday, October 5
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. He also discusses Grandfathered on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/How to Be a Gentleman/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Help Me Help You) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal) - David is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nathan Lane (Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Nathan stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex) - Jenna talks about her new movie Big Stone Gap on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kelly Jenrette (Grandfathered) - Kelly discusses her new series Grandfathered on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James talks about Life in Pieces on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her role in the animated movie Hotel Transylvania 2 on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.