Friday, April 23, 2010
TV One May 2010 Highlights Include Tracy Morgan Show Sitcom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 26, 2010)
On Saturday, May 15 beginning at 2pm and running all night, with the NBA Playoffs in full swing, TV One salutes the game of B-Ball (that's basketball, for those who don't know) with a "We Got Game" marathon featuring TV One sitcom episodes focusing on hoops and featuring guest star appearances from current and former NBA and WNBA superstars including Derek Fisher, Grant Hill, Cedric Ceballos, Cheryl Miller, Alonzo Mourning, and Kareem Abdul-Jabaar. Sitcoms in this TV One sports marathon include All of Us, A Different World, Living Single, Martin, Half & Half, Between Brothers, Amen, and Eve.
On Sunday, May 16 beginning at 12pm through 7pm (select encores 3-6am), TV One celebrates the birthday of Grammy Award-Winning superstar Janet Jackson with an all-day Good Times: "Penny For Your Thoughts" marathon featuring episodes of the classic sitcom favorite that focus on Janet's character Penny entering the lives of the Evans family and their neighbor Willona.
On Sunday, May 23, TV One again goes South... South Central that is, as they present a marathon and a movie premiere. First beginning at 3pm through 7pm (select encores 12am-2am), TV One airs a marathon of the comedy/drama series South Central starring Tina Lifford and Larenz Tate. Then at 8pm, TV One premieres the feature film South Central. In the film, A man, coming out of prison after 10 years wants to live a normal life and stop with criminal behavior, but finds his son has begun to follow his criminal path. The film is scheduled to have an immediate encore airing at 10pm.
On Saturday, May 29 beginning at 5pm through all night, it's a TV One "Couples Therapy Marathon" as TV One presents a sitcom marathon focusing on favorite TV One sitcom couples that gives viewers a chance to vote online at TVOneOnline.com on their favorite couple. Sitcom couples featured in the marathon include Overton & Synclaire (Living Single), Dwayne & Whitley (A Different World), J.T. & Shelley (Eve), and Martin & Gina (Martin). The viewers choice favorite sitcom couple will have two episodes showcased in the 9pm hour of the marathon creating a fun interactive evening for all. Also of note, on Sunday, May 30 beginning at 12pm Noon through 10pm (select encores 10pm-2am), join the Sutton family for an all-day marathon of season three episodes of the popular African American drama series Lincoln Heights.
And finally, the biggest news...on Memorial Day (Monday, May 31) beginning at 12pm Noon through 12am, actor/comedian Tracy Morgan comes to TV One for a sitcom marathon! No not 30 Rock, before that show he had a short-lived sitcom titled The Tracy Morgan Show and it makes its bow in a 12-hour Memorial Day marathon including two "lost" episodes premiering at 8pm & 8:30pm that have never before aired on television. The two unseen episodes will have encore airings at 11pm & 11:30pm. Morgan stars in this sharp-edged family multi-camera comedy as father, husband and small business owner Tracy Mitchell, who with his beautiful, no-nonsense wife Alicia (Tamala Jones, Castle), share their modest apartment with their two kids, 13 year-old Derrick (Marc John Jefferies) and 7 year-old Jimmy (Bobb'e J. Thompson).
Stay tuned, maybe The Tracy Morgan Show will join the regular schedule in the summer? Stay with us...
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 26-30, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 26, 2010
- Alyssa Milano (Romantically Challenged/Who's the Boss?) - Alyssa stops by The Wendy Williams Show to talk about her new sitcom. Check local listings for time and channel, but it also airs nationally on BET at midnight. But wait that's not all! She will be on Extra (check local listings for time and channel) and also she will be in the audience on Dancing with the Stars at 8pm on ABC!
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/In the Motherhood) - Megan stops by ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am.
- Joel McHale (Community)- Joel will stop by NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm.
- Brian Posehn (Just Shoot Me!/Sarah Silverman Program) - Brian heads to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- Carol Burnett (Carol Burnett Show/Mama's Family) - Carol stops to chat on The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check your local listings for time and channel.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - The lovely Julie Bowen stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:05am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Rico stops by The Rachel Ray Show. Check your local listings!
- Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) - Todd stops to talk on Oprah about his childhood. Check your listings for time and channel!
- Anthony Anderson (All About the Andersons/Hang Time) - Though more known for film/TV dramas now, Anthony stops to chat on The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check your local listings.
- Adhir Kalyan (Rules of Engagement) - Adhir stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am to promote the CBS sitcom.
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) - Holly stops by The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) - Holly will be on The Wendy Williams Show so check your local listings or watch on BET at midnight.
- Kelsey Grammar (Cheers/Frasier/Back to You/Hank) - Kelsey stops to cook and chat on The Martha Stewart Show. Check your local listings.
- Sarah Silverman (Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah heads to The Rachel Ray Show. Check your listings for time and station.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - This is a repeat, but catch Wanda on TBS's Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - This is also a repeat, but catch him again on TBS's Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
Friday, April 30, 2010
- Alyssa Milano (Romantically Challenged/Who's the Boss?) - Alyssa will be on TV Guide Channel's Hollywood 411 airing at 7pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.