Thursday, April 15, 2010
ION Television May 2010; BET Upfront 2010: The Game Returns; Sí TV Acquires Prison Break and In Living Color
The Emeril Lagasse Show, which launches this Sunday, will remain airing Sundays at 8pm in May with an encore from previous week leading in at 7pm. Movies will air in the daytime on weekends and also in primetime on Sunday nights. Movies include Die Hard: With a Vengeance, The Godfather Part II, The Godfather Part III, Rudy, Lethal Weapon 3 and Lethal Weapon 4.
And finally it's going to be a marathon-filled Memorial Day weekend on ION Television with marathons and movies! The fun begins on Friday, May 28 with a marathon of Ghost Whisperer from 4pm-12am. On Saturday, May 29, spend the day with two classic films from 4pm-11pm: The Godfather Part II and The Godfather Part III. Then it is back to series TV with a marathon of Shark from 4pm-11pm on Sunday, May 30. Shark has been replaced from the Sunday night weekly schedule recently. And finally on Memorial Day (Monday, May 31) itself, ION will air a marathon of its number one show--Criminal Minds--from 4pm-12am!
View the full schedule and details for ION Television May 2010.
During its annual Upfront presentation to the advertising community, BET Networks revealed its new consumer research, new programming strategy including scripted programs and original movies, and the reinvigorated direction for the company at New York City's Nokia Theatre. Touting the Network's unique understanding of black consumers through its "African Americans Revealed" study, BET reinforced its position as the world's #1 provider of black content with unprecedented reach to all types of African American consumers across all demographics and genres.
The big news from the BET upfront was that the sitcom The Game will go back into production and move to BET! By popular demand, BET answers the prayers of Sabres fans everywhere. New episodes of The Game will be produced by and air exclusively on BET. After enjoying record ratings in syndication, The Game, created by Mara Brock Akil and executive produced by Kelsey Grammer and Salim Akil, will follow the lives of the fictitious San Diego Sabres–and the women who love them. The Game is scheduled to return for its fourth season in Fall 2010 on BET. The previous three seasons aired on The CW from 2006-2009. The CW canceled the series after 64 episodes. It is still unclear how many episodes BET has picked-up for the fourth season.
Other notable items from BET's upfront was Steve Harvey's morning radio show headed to Centric. Award-winning comedian and author, Steve Harvey, and his co-hosts light up weekday mornings with The Steve Harvey Morning Show. The show features the latest in news, entertainment, and celebrity interviews and the offers dating advice through the popular Strawberry Letter segments and is coming to TV via Centric. The series will start on Centric in Fall 2010.
View the full BET upfront press release.
Sí TV has announced the breakout arrival of the acclaimed series Prison Break to the network. The Golden Globe-nominated series will premiere on Sí TV on Monday, April 19, its first airing anywhere since its first-run on Fox. Prison Break will air Monday-Friday nights on Sí TV at 10PM ET/PT (encores at 1am ET/PT).
The 81-episode series ran on the Fox Network from 2005-2009 and continues to have a huge on-line following as evidenced by its 1.5+ million fans on Facebook. In support of the series launch on Sí TV, the network has built a robust, interactive site featuring video extras, games, photos and much more at www.sitv.com/prison-break.
Also joining the Sí TV line-up on Monday (April 19) will be reruns of sketch comedy In Living Color! The series will air weeknights at 9:30PM ET/PT (encores at 12:30am ET/PT) leading into Prison Break. Sí TV also will still air reruns of New York Undercover weeknights at 11pm ET/PT. Other series they have aired includes the short-lived ABC sitcom Freddie starring Freddie Prinze, Jr. They recently stopped airing the series, but hopefully it returns.
Sí TV is available nationwide on Dish Network, and in more than 200 cities and communities across the United States, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco / Bay Area, Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Denver, San Antonio and Las Vegas. For more information about Sí TV, please visit http://www.sitv.com/. The network launched in 2004 and was the first media company to reach the millions of 18–34-year-old Latinos who prefer their content in English and seek it across all platforms—including linear television, the Internet, video-on-demand and wireless devices.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.