Thursday, April 15, 2010
ION Television May 2010; BET Upfront 2010: The Game Returns; Sí TV Acquires Prison Break and In Living Color
The Emeril Lagasse Show, which launches this Sunday, will remain airing Sundays at 8pm in May with an encore from previous week leading in at 7pm. Movies will air in the daytime on weekends and also in primetime on Sunday nights. Movies include Die Hard: With a Vengeance, The Godfather Part II, The Godfather Part III, Rudy, Lethal Weapon 3 and Lethal Weapon 4.
And finally it's going to be a marathon-filled Memorial Day weekend on ION Television with marathons and movies! The fun begins on Friday, May 28 with a marathon of Ghost Whisperer from 4pm-12am. On Saturday, May 29, spend the day with two classic films from 4pm-11pm: The Godfather Part II and The Godfather Part III. Then it is back to series TV with a marathon of Shark from 4pm-11pm on Sunday, May 30. Shark has been replaced from the Sunday night weekly schedule recently. And finally on Memorial Day (Monday, May 31) itself, ION will air a marathon of its number one show--Criminal Minds--from 4pm-12am!
View the full schedule and details for ION Television May 2010.
During its annual Upfront presentation to the advertising community, BET Networks revealed its new consumer research, new programming strategy including scripted programs and original movies, and the reinvigorated direction for the company at New York City's Nokia Theatre. Touting the Network's unique understanding of black consumers through its "African Americans Revealed" study, BET reinforced its position as the world's #1 provider of black content with unprecedented reach to all types of African American consumers across all demographics and genres.
The big news from the BET upfront was that the sitcom The Game will go back into production and move to BET! By popular demand, BET answers the prayers of Sabres fans everywhere. New episodes of The Game will be produced by and air exclusively on BET. After enjoying record ratings in syndication, The Game, created by Mara Brock Akil and executive produced by Kelsey Grammer and Salim Akil, will follow the lives of the fictitious San Diego Sabres–and the women who love them. The Game is scheduled to return for its fourth season in Fall 2010 on BET. The previous three seasons aired on The CW from 2006-2009. The CW canceled the series after 64 episodes. It is still unclear how many episodes BET has picked-up for the fourth season.
Other notable items from BET's upfront was Steve Harvey's morning radio show headed to Centric. Award-winning comedian and author, Steve Harvey, and his co-hosts light up weekday mornings with The Steve Harvey Morning Show. The show features the latest in news, entertainment, and celebrity interviews and the offers dating advice through the popular Strawberry Letter segments and is coming to TV via Centric. The series will start on Centric in Fall 2010.
View the full BET upfront press release.
Sí TV has announced the breakout arrival of the acclaimed series Prison Break to the network. The Golden Globe-nominated series will premiere on Sí TV on Monday, April 19, its first airing anywhere since its first-run on Fox. Prison Break will air Monday-Friday nights on Sí TV at 10PM ET/PT (encores at 1am ET/PT).
The 81-episode series ran on the Fox Network from 2005-2009 and continues to have a huge on-line following as evidenced by its 1.5+ million fans on Facebook. In support of the series launch on Sí TV, the network has built a robust, interactive site featuring video extras, games, photos and much more at www.sitv.com/prison-break.
Also joining the Sí TV line-up on Monday (April 19) will be reruns of sketch comedy In Living Color! The series will air weeknights at 9:30PM ET/PT (encores at 12:30am ET/PT) leading into Prison Break. Sí TV also will still air reruns of New York Undercover weeknights at 11pm ET/PT. Other series they have aired includes the short-lived ABC sitcom Freddie starring Freddie Prinze, Jr. They recently stopped airing the series, but hopefully it returns.
Sí TV is available nationwide on Dish Network, and in more than 200 cities and communities across the United States, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco / Bay Area, Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Denver, San Antonio and Las Vegas. For more information about Sí TV, please visit http://www.sitv.com/. The network launched in 2004 and was the first media company to reach the millions of 18–34-year-old Latinos who prefer their content in English and seek it across all platforms—including linear television, the Internet, video-on-demand and wireless devices.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.