Friday, December 11, 2009
6-7pm ET Becker, 7-8pm ET The Cosby Show, 8-9pm ET Newhart, 9-10pm ET Barney Miller, then a break for the WGN news, 11pm-12am ET Cheers, 12am-1am ET Newhart, 1-2am ET Barney Miller, 2-3am ET Becker, and 3-4am ET The Cosby Show. So as you can see, everything has a second hour now but Cheers.
As for a couple of December updates, Outta Sight Retro Night will have a special holiday episode marathon on Sunday, Dec. 20 with a few shows airing at special times. Holiday episodes start at 8pm ET following the movie It's a Very Muppet Christmas, we get holiday episodes of Newhart, Barney Miller, then news, Cheers, Becker, and The Cosby Show. ALF is preempted on this night and will have its last airing for now on Dec. 27 at 12am ET.
And finally, WGN America has added an In the Heat of the Night movie marathon on New Year's Eve (Thursday, Dec. 31) from 10am-8pm ET.
View our previous story on WGN America's Holiday Programming.
ABC is pleased to announce that George Stephanopoulos and Juju Chang will be joining Good Morning America, effective Monday (December 14). In addition, Chris Cuomo will take over as co-anchor of 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas.
Here is David Westin's (ABC News President) announcement of the changes is below:
I'm pleased to announce that beginning Monday, our new anchor team at Good Morning America will be in place and on the air. George Stephanopoulos and Juju Chang will be joining Robin and Sam. Chris Cuomo will be promoted to co-anchor of 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas and serve as ABC News' Chief Law and Justice Correspondent, joining Jim Avila. George will also take on the role of Chief Political Correspondent and he will continue to anchor This Week (Sunday morning show) until we name his replacement.
In putting this new GMA team together, we've pursued one goal: How can we best serve our audience? How can we bring them what matters most to them - the day's important news, engaging stories, useful information, and real expertise to help them improve their lives?
Robin and George are the right pair to lead our effort. As we've seen over time, Robin brings a warmth and intelligence to the morning that no one can match. Hers is a practical curiosity that brings the viewers' questions to the fore. George complements Robin's strengths with a deep knowledge of and commitment to news about the nation and the world. George is a formidable interviewer who brings the viewer a deeper understanding of the great issues of the day through his conversations with experts and newsmakers.
Sam Champion brings his knowledge and enthusiasm to weather, climate, and the environment. Juju, our new news anchor, has distinguished herself covering the news of every sort – from national and world events to the everyday experiences of parents and families.
Chris Cuomo has done it all – from newscasts in the morning, to covering major events from the field (around the country and around the world), to powerful primetime reporting. In addition to joining the team at 20/20, he will also step into the role of our lead reporter for all programs on major law and justice stories. And, he will continue to be one of the first people we turn to when news happens.
Eleven years ago next month, Diane Sawyer came to GMA for a temporary stint that at the time we expected to be a few months. Now, she will be taking over as anchor of World News on December 21, succeeding Charlie Gibson. One cannot describe all that she has done for GMA; nor can we fully express our gratitude. The best way to honor what Diane has done – and what Charlie did before and with her – is to continue the great tradition while building on the foundation they have laid. This new team will do just that. Each member individually contributes a great deal; the whole, however, will exceed even the large sum of the parts. Together with Jim Murphy and Tom Cibrowski we will redouble the program's focus on the engaging stories and useful news and information that matters most to our audience, delivering the kind of reporting that most reflects the strengths of ABC News.
Please join me in congratulating all of our colleagues on their new assignments.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.