Friday, December 11, 2009
6-7pm ET Becker, 7-8pm ET The Cosby Show, 8-9pm ET Newhart, 9-10pm ET Barney Miller, then a break for the WGN news, 11pm-12am ET Cheers, 12am-1am ET Newhart, 1-2am ET Barney Miller, 2-3am ET Becker, and 3-4am ET The Cosby Show. So as you can see, everything has a second hour now but Cheers.
As for a couple of December updates, Outta Sight Retro Night will have a special holiday episode marathon on Sunday, Dec. 20 with a few shows airing at special times. Holiday episodes start at 8pm ET following the movie It's a Very Muppet Christmas, we get holiday episodes of Newhart, Barney Miller, then news, Cheers, Becker, and The Cosby Show. ALF is preempted on this night and will have its last airing for now on Dec. 27 at 12am ET.
And finally, WGN America has added an In the Heat of the Night movie marathon on New Year's Eve (Thursday, Dec. 31) from 10am-8pm ET.
View our previous story on WGN America's Holiday Programming.
ABC is pleased to announce that George Stephanopoulos and Juju Chang will be joining Good Morning America, effective Monday (December 14). In addition, Chris Cuomo will take over as co-anchor of 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas.
Here is David Westin's (ABC News President) announcement of the changes is below:
I'm pleased to announce that beginning Monday, our new anchor team at Good Morning America will be in place and on the air. George Stephanopoulos and Juju Chang will be joining Robin and Sam. Chris Cuomo will be promoted to co-anchor of 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas and serve as ABC News' Chief Law and Justice Correspondent, joining Jim Avila. George will also take on the role of Chief Political Correspondent and he will continue to anchor This Week (Sunday morning show) until we name his replacement.
In putting this new GMA team together, we've pursued one goal: How can we best serve our audience? How can we bring them what matters most to them - the day's important news, engaging stories, useful information, and real expertise to help them improve their lives?
Robin and George are the right pair to lead our effort. As we've seen over time, Robin brings a warmth and intelligence to the morning that no one can match. Hers is a practical curiosity that brings the viewers' questions to the fore. George complements Robin's strengths with a deep knowledge of and commitment to news about the nation and the world. George is a formidable interviewer who brings the viewer a deeper understanding of the great issues of the day through his conversations with experts and newsmakers.
Sam Champion brings his knowledge and enthusiasm to weather, climate, and the environment. Juju, our new news anchor, has distinguished herself covering the news of every sort – from national and world events to the everyday experiences of parents and families.
Chris Cuomo has done it all – from newscasts in the morning, to covering major events from the field (around the country and around the world), to powerful primetime reporting. In addition to joining the team at 20/20, he will also step into the role of our lead reporter for all programs on major law and justice stories. And, he will continue to be one of the first people we turn to when news happens.
Eleven years ago next month, Diane Sawyer came to GMA for a temporary stint that at the time we expected to be a few months. Now, she will be taking over as anchor of World News on December 21, succeeding Charlie Gibson. One cannot describe all that she has done for GMA; nor can we fully express our gratitude. The best way to honor what Diane has done – and what Charlie did before and with her – is to continue the great tradition while building on the foundation they have laid. This new team will do just that. Each member individually contributes a great deal; the whole, however, will exceed even the large sum of the parts. Together with Jim Murphy and Tom Cibrowski we will redouble the program's focus on the engaging stories and useful news and information that matters most to our audience, delivering the kind of reporting that most reflects the strengths of ABC News.
Please join me in congratulating all of our colleagues on their new assignments.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.