Thursday, August 20, 2009
Starting Monday, August 31, Promised Land will now air also on weekdays. It'll air weekdays at 1pm and will also continue to air in primetime on Wednesdays from 8pm-11pm (encore from 11pm-2am). Meanwhile, Dr. Quinn goes from weekdays 5-7pm to 6-8pm, while Doc moves from 7pm to 5pm.
Starting Monday, September 14, Gospel Music Channel has acquired another new series. This time Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye will air weekdays at 4pm replacing Christy, which will leave the line-up.
Everything else remains the same basically, with series like Clash of the Choirs airing Sundays at 10pm and weekday afternoon movies at 2pm such as The Dreamer of Oz starring John Ritter (Sept. 23 at 2pm). That is a very rarely seen movie and it will come out on DVD on Sept. 29 part of the Oz The 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition from Warner Home Video.
Early last week we broke the news about WGN America honoring The Cosby Show with a very special 25th anniversary marathon. Now we have the FULL details on it!
Sunday, September 20, 2009 marks the 25th anniversary of The Cosby Show and to celebrate the milestone (to the day) WGN America will be airing a series of tributes to The Cosby Show including the replication of the original NBC Thursday night lineup as it aired on Thursday, September 20, 1984 (the day The Cosby Show premiered) with interviews by Lilly Tartikoff, a Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon, an online contest and an online game.
Following the WGN America broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball game at 5:30pm ET, WGN America will be committing the prime and overnight schedule to The Cosby Show and the NBC Thursday night line-up that dominated the 80's. At 5:30pm and 6:00pm ET will see two best-of episodes and at 6:30pm ET WGN America will air a 25th Anniversary Special. Then from 7-10pm ET WGN America will re-air the original Brandon Tartikoff NBC Thursday night line-up EXACTLY AS IT AIRED IN 1984: The Cosby Show: "Pilot Presentation," Family Ties: "The Gambler," Cheers: "I'll Be Seeing You, Parts 1 and 2," and Hill Street Blues: "Eva's Braun."
Additionally, WGN America has interviewed philanthropist Lilly Tartikoff who shares her thoughts on the iconic programs of 1984 and memories of her husband, programming visionary Brandon Tartikoff. Lilly's interviews will air as interstitials in primetime from 7-10pm ET during the WGN America recreation of the 1984 lineup. Also, from 7-10pm ET WGN America will adopt the NBC theme "Let's All Be There" (circa 1984) using original promotional elements (A special thank you to NBC for sharing their archive materials).
In the overnight (11pm-4am ET), WGN America will air a viewer's choice marathon of the top ten Cosby episodes voted by viewers at WGNAmerica.com. Voting for The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon begins today and runs through Monday, September 14.
The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon will also have a contest component, all viewers who submit their favorite episode to WGNAmerica.com will be entered to win a complete DVD set of all eight seasons of The Cosby Show autographed by Bill Cosby plus a Cosby Show Prize Pack. Four runners up will receive a complete DVD set.
View the complete press release.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 27
The Goldbergs - "Lucky" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry begs Murray to get a dog, and when they finally do, Barry is disappointed to find the dog would rather spend more time with Murray than with him. Meanwhile, Erica and Lainey plan a girls-only sleepover… without Beverly. But when Erica finds out she wants to join them, it puts a rift in their mother-daughter relationship.
The Goldbergs - "Double Dare" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam and Emmy are ecstatic their favorite TV game show “Double Dare” is hosting auditions at their school. But when Adam secretly asks Pops to be his partner, and Emmy secretly asks Handsome Ben, the two get into a fight. Meanwhile, Murray and Barry are upset the Philadelphia Eagles have been losing until superstitious Barry becomes convinced Beverly is their good luck charm to change things around.
Modern Family - "The Storm" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A huge thunder storm brings wide power outages and the whole family congregates at Jay and Gloria’s to use their generator, but Jay has one foot out the door desperately trying to make it to a reunion with some old Navy buddies. Meanwhile, Phil tries to be the hero and redeem himself after a very embarrassing public panic attack earlier, but only causes more headaches for everyone. Mitch and Cam grasp at straws trying to salvage Lily’s birthday party where the most popular girl at school is in attendance, and Haley turns up the seduction efforts with Andy.
black-ish - "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Gun" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a break-in down the block, Dre talks about getting a gun, and Bow is not comfortable with the idea. Which leads everyone to debate — there are many different ways to protect your family, but what’s the “best” way? Jack and Diane are shocked that they have been living in the house unprotected, Junior sets off on a quest to protect the family from the real threat, cyber terrorism, and Zoey has Pops teach her the art of Karate to defend herself.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Matched" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Josh and Gabi attend a speed dating event; Elliot tries to bond with Keisha.
Baby Daddy - "Condom Conundrum" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben's condom stash is ruined; Ben, Tucker and Danny fear their girlfriends might be pregnant.
Best Friends Whenever - "Epic Girl's Day" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The girls decide to take Daisy on an official ``Epic Girls' Day'' at the mall since she might be here longer than expected.
Wednesday, July 27
- Andy Garcia (Ballers) - Watch Andy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Cho (Selfie/Kitchen Confidential) - John visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Star Trek Beyond on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent) - Kathryn is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Georgia King (Vice Principals/The New Normal) - Georgia appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) and Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Jason and Ashley talk about their new film Amateur Night on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. Ashley will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jason will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Place for Politics on MSNBC at 11am.