Thursday, August 20, 2009
Starting Monday, August 31, Promised Land will now air also on weekdays. It'll air weekdays at 1pm and will also continue to air in primetime on Wednesdays from 8pm-11pm (encore from 11pm-2am). Meanwhile, Dr. Quinn goes from weekdays 5-7pm to 6-8pm, while Doc moves from 7pm to 5pm.
Starting Monday, September 14, Gospel Music Channel has acquired another new series. This time Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye will air weekdays at 4pm replacing Christy, which will leave the line-up.
Everything else remains the same basically, with series like Clash of the Choirs airing Sundays at 10pm and weekday afternoon movies at 2pm such as The Dreamer of Oz starring John Ritter (Sept. 23 at 2pm). That is a very rarely seen movie and it will come out on DVD on Sept. 29 part of the Oz The 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition from Warner Home Video.
Early last week we broke the news about WGN America honoring The Cosby Show with a very special 25th anniversary marathon. Now we have the FULL details on it!
Sunday, September 20, 2009 marks the 25th anniversary of The Cosby Show and to celebrate the milestone (to the day) WGN America will be airing a series of tributes to The Cosby Show including the replication of the original NBC Thursday night lineup as it aired on Thursday, September 20, 1984 (the day The Cosby Show premiered) with interviews by Lilly Tartikoff, a Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon, an online contest and an online game.
Following the WGN America broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball game at 5:30pm ET, WGN America will be committing the prime and overnight schedule to The Cosby Show and the NBC Thursday night line-up that dominated the 80's. At 5:30pm and 6:00pm ET will see two best-of episodes and at 6:30pm ET WGN America will air a 25th Anniversary Special. Then from 7-10pm ET WGN America will re-air the original Brandon Tartikoff NBC Thursday night line-up EXACTLY AS IT AIRED IN 1984: The Cosby Show: "Pilot Presentation," Family Ties: "The Gambler," Cheers: "I'll Be Seeing You, Parts 1 and 2," and Hill Street Blues: "Eva's Braun."
Additionally, WGN America has interviewed philanthropist Lilly Tartikoff who shares her thoughts on the iconic programs of 1984 and memories of her husband, programming visionary Brandon Tartikoff. Lilly's interviews will air as interstitials in primetime from 7-10pm ET during the WGN America recreation of the 1984 lineup. Also, from 7-10pm ET WGN America will adopt the NBC theme "Let's All Be There" (circa 1984) using original promotional elements (A special thank you to NBC for sharing their archive materials).
In the overnight (11pm-4am ET), WGN America will air a viewer's choice marathon of the top ten Cosby episodes voted by viewers at WGNAmerica.com. Voting for The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon begins today and runs through Monday, September 14.
The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon will also have a contest component, all viewers who submit their favorite episode to WGNAmerica.com will be entered to win a complete DVD set of all eight seasons of The Cosby Show autographed by Bill Cosby plus a Cosby Show Prize Pack. Four runners up will receive a complete DVD set.
View the complete press release.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 30
Bella and the Bulldogs - "No Girls Allowed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
An outdated rule about girls not being able to play football is made public before the Bulldogs' first playoff game, preventing Bella from playing. Now Bella and the team have to change the rules to make history.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "No Ifs, Ands, or But-ers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads turn their garage into an awesome hangout space, making their house the place to be. But when a notorious one-upper opens a competing hangout, the Quads have to work together to top her and regain their social status. Guest Star: Science Bob.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Start a Garage Band Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
CJ, Fen and Crispo start a garage band with hopes of winning top prize at the school's music festival. But when creative differences break up the band, CJ must find a way to reunite the team in time for their big performance.
K.C. Undercover - "Double Crossed Part 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zane has captured K.C.; the family is unaware as their rival has also created a K.C. look alike to infiltrate and destroy the Coopers.
Monday, June 1
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Mollly/Samantha Who?) - Watch Melissa on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about her new film Spy on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He also discusses new his film Entourage on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Ana Ortiz (Kristin/A.U.S.A.) - Ana, Roselyn Sanchez and Susan Lucci chat about Devious Maids with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Ana and Roselyn also join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. Ana will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC sometime between 6-9am. They can be heard on Shade 45 with Sway and Morning Jolt with Larry Flick on SiriusXM Radio.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy gives first interview since his tragic car accident on Inside Edition, so check your local listings. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.