Thursday, August 20, 2009
Starting Monday, August 31, Promised Land will now air also on weekdays. It'll air weekdays at 1pm and will also continue to air in primetime on Wednesdays from 8pm-11pm (encore from 11pm-2am). Meanwhile, Dr. Quinn goes from weekdays 5-7pm to 6-8pm, while Doc moves from 7pm to 5pm.
Starting Monday, September 14, Gospel Music Channel has acquired another new series. This time Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye will air weekdays at 4pm replacing Christy, which will leave the line-up.
Everything else remains the same basically, with series like Clash of the Choirs airing Sundays at 10pm and weekday afternoon movies at 2pm such as The Dreamer of Oz starring John Ritter (Sept. 23 at 2pm). That is a very rarely seen movie and it will come out on DVD on Sept. 29 part of the Oz The 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition from Warner Home Video.
Early last week we broke the news about WGN America honoring The Cosby Show with a very special 25th anniversary marathon. Now we have the FULL details on it!
Sunday, September 20, 2009 marks the 25th anniversary of The Cosby Show and to celebrate the milestone (to the day) WGN America will be airing a series of tributes to The Cosby Show including the replication of the original NBC Thursday night lineup as it aired on Thursday, September 20, 1984 (the day The Cosby Show premiered) with interviews by Lilly Tartikoff, a Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon, an online contest and an online game.
Following the WGN America broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball game at 5:30pm ET, WGN America will be committing the prime and overnight schedule to The Cosby Show and the NBC Thursday night line-up that dominated the 80's. At 5:30pm and 6:00pm ET will see two best-of episodes and at 6:30pm ET WGN America will air a 25th Anniversary Special. Then from 7-10pm ET WGN America will re-air the original Brandon Tartikoff NBC Thursday night line-up EXACTLY AS IT AIRED IN 1984: The Cosby Show: "Pilot Presentation," Family Ties: "The Gambler," Cheers: "I'll Be Seeing You, Parts 1 and 2," and Hill Street Blues: "Eva's Braun."
Additionally, WGN America has interviewed philanthropist Lilly Tartikoff who shares her thoughts on the iconic programs of 1984 and memories of her husband, programming visionary Brandon Tartikoff. Lilly's interviews will air as interstitials in primetime from 7-10pm ET during the WGN America recreation of the 1984 lineup. Also, from 7-10pm ET WGN America will adopt the NBC theme "Let's All Be There" (circa 1984) using original promotional elements (A special thank you to NBC for sharing their archive materials).
In the overnight (11pm-4am ET), WGN America will air a viewer's choice marathon of the top ten Cosby episodes voted by viewers at WGNAmerica.com. Voting for The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon begins today and runs through Monday, September 14.
The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon will also have a contest component, all viewers who submit their favorite episode to WGNAmerica.com will be entered to win a complete DVD set of all eight seasons of The Cosby Show autographed by Bill Cosby plus a Cosby Show Prize Pack. Four runners up will receive a complete DVD set.
View the complete press release.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 5
New Girl - "Clean Break" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
As Coach prepares to move out of the loft, Schmidt also decides to get rid of his non-essentials and in the process discovers what is truly important to him; Jess and Nick reminisce about their “sex mug” and wonder if they still have feelings for each other.
Weird Loners - "We're Here. We're Weird. Get Used to Us" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The group goes to a lesbian bar, where Caryn and Stosh compete for the same woman. Meanwhile, Zara is conflicted between keeping Eric as her darts partner or letting him know that the bar’s patrons think he’s one of them.
Undataeable - "A Live Show Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When a music festival comes to Detroit, Danny (Chris D'Elia) and Justin (Brent Morin) both try to win over a beautiful backup singer (guest star Victoria Justice) they met in the bar. As Danny tries to give Justin the chance to get the girl, he can't help but compete for her attention. Meanwhile, the gang does their best to keep Candace (Bridgit Mendler) from going back to her old boyfriend.
Your Family or Mine - "Christmas in July" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Ricky's annual summer Christmas photo, but Louis scheduled his co mpany-mandated life insurance physical at the same time, and a representative will be dropping by to take a urine sample. Since Louis smoked pot with Blake last week, he's now on the hunt for an untainted sample.
Younger - "Broke and Panty-less" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When her ex comes up short on a tuition payment, Liza has to swallow her pride to earn some quick cash without arousing suspicion from Josh. Kelsey continues to blur the line between editor and mistress with her prize author.
Mann & Wife - "The Mann Brothers" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel's brother, Lionel, visits and sibling rivalry takes over; Toni tries to improve the school's dress code.
Tuesday, May 5
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Catch Sofia on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eugene Cordero (Other Space) - Eugene is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris O'Dowd (Family Tree) - Chris visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alan Thicke (Unusually Thicke/Growing Pains) - Alan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin speaks about the Broadway production On the Twentieth Century on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily talks about the Netflix series Grace and Frankie on NBC's today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Brad Garrett ('Til Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Hana Mae Lee (Super Fun Night and Alexis Knapp (Ground Floor) - Hana and Alexis talk about Pitch Perfect 2 on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter/Jesse) - Kevin talks about the Mad Men series finale on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Just the Way You Are, which premieres May 9 at 9pm/8c, on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on the AOL Build Show.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah talks about Modern Family on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy is a guest on NewsNation at 11am on MSNBC and on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:10am.