Thursday, August 20, 2009
Starting Monday, August 31, Promised Land will now air also on weekdays. It'll air weekdays at 1pm and will also continue to air in primetime on Wednesdays from 8pm-11pm (encore from 11pm-2am). Meanwhile, Dr. Quinn goes from weekdays 5-7pm to 6-8pm, while Doc moves from 7pm to 5pm.
Starting Monday, September 14, Gospel Music Channel has acquired another new series. This time Sue Thomas F.B.Eye. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye will air weekdays at 4pm replacing Christy, which will leave the line-up.
Everything else remains the same basically, with series like Clash of the Choirs airing Sundays at 10pm and weekday afternoon movies at 2pm such as The Dreamer of Oz starring John Ritter (Sept. 23 at 2pm). That is a very rarely seen movie and it will come out on DVD on Sept. 29 part of the Oz The 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition from Warner Home Video.
Early last week we broke the news about WGN America honoring The Cosby Show with a very special 25th anniversary marathon. Now we have the FULL details on it!
Sunday, September 20, 2009 marks the 25th anniversary of The Cosby Show and to celebrate the milestone (to the day) WGN America will be airing a series of tributes to The Cosby Show including the replication of the original NBC Thursday night lineup as it aired on Thursday, September 20, 1984 (the day The Cosby Show premiered) with interviews by Lilly Tartikoff, a Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon, an online contest and an online game.
Following the WGN America broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball game at 5:30pm ET, WGN America will be committing the prime and overnight schedule to The Cosby Show and the NBC Thursday night line-up that dominated the 80's. At 5:30pm and 6:00pm ET will see two best-of episodes and at 6:30pm ET WGN America will air a 25th Anniversary Special. Then from 7-10pm ET WGN America will re-air the original Brandon Tartikoff NBC Thursday night line-up EXACTLY AS IT AIRED IN 1984: The Cosby Show: "Pilot Presentation," Family Ties: "The Gambler," Cheers: "I'll Be Seeing You, Parts 1 and 2," and Hill Street Blues: "Eva's Braun."
Additionally, WGN America has interviewed philanthropist Lilly Tartikoff who shares her thoughts on the iconic programs of 1984 and memories of her husband, programming visionary Brandon Tartikoff. Lilly's interviews will air as interstitials in primetime from 7-10pm ET during the WGN America recreation of the 1984 lineup. Also, from 7-10pm ET WGN America will adopt the NBC theme "Let's All Be There" (circa 1984) using original promotional elements (A special thank you to NBC for sharing their archive materials).
In the overnight (11pm-4am ET), WGN America will air a viewer's choice marathon of the top ten Cosby episodes voted by viewers at WGNAmerica.com. Voting for The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon begins today and runs through Monday, September 14.
The Cosby Show Viewer's Choice Marathon will also have a contest component, all viewers who submit their favorite episode to WGNAmerica.com will be entered to win a complete DVD set of all eight seasons of The Cosby Show autographed by Bill Cosby plus a Cosby Show Prize Pack. Four runners up will receive a complete DVD set.
View the complete press release.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 1
The Middle - "Valentine's Day VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Valentine’s Day aims its sights on the Heck kids when a nervous Brick finds out that his quirky girlfriend Cindy wants him to kiss her on the special day, Darrin asks Frankie and Mike to help out with an exciting scavenger hunt he’s putting together for Sue, and Axl begins to question his girlfriend Devin’s request that he not give her anything for what she considers to be a lame tradition.
The Goldbergs - "Just Say No" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As the presidential election approaches, Erica finds herself strongly supporting candidate Walter Mondale. After learning Beverly always votes for whomever Murray tells her to vote for, Erica sets out to educate her mother and goes horribly wrong when Beverly favors another candidate. Meanwhile, Barry wants to appear on an athletic game show to prove his prowess after losing a wrestling match.
Modern Family - "Rash Decisions" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is starting to feel the teenage cold shoulder from Luke, and with Andy hanging around a lot recently as his apprentice, he easily steps in as his new right hand man. Meanwhile, Gloria and the doctors suspect that Joe might be allergic to Stella which leaves Jay in a very tough predicament, and Mitchell is doing some freelance legal work at Jay’s closet company and working with Claire becomes a very enlightening experience for the both of them.
black-ish - "Martin Luther Skiing Day" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On the way to the Johnson family’s annual MLK holiday ski trip, Dre realizes his children may not know the significance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. so he decides to inundate them with Dr. King history facts. Once they arrive at the ski lodge, Dre finds a unique way to prepare Junior for a real world that includes intolerance.
Melissa & Joey "The Parent Trap" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel's father and Joe's mother hit it off better than Mel would like; Lennox and Zander explore being ``friends with benefits.''
Baby Daddy - "Wheeler War" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben tries to sabotage Ross and Riley's relationship by turning his charming adversary into a Wheeler; Bonnie attempts to join the boys' poker game.
Wednesday, July 1
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Watch Adrian on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aasif Mandvi (The Brink) - Aasif appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program/Just Shoot Me!) - Brian is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Arden Myrin (Working/Suburgatory) - Arden will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Amy talks about the new Pixar film Inside Out on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicle Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti chats on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami/Fired Up) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about Magic Mike XL on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) - Steve Harvey sets up Dawn on a date on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1.