Sunday, June 21, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 8-14)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - 3.91 million for a repeat is again lower than the previous week's repeat.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - A 7pm repeat did just 2.07 million and a 8:30 repeat did better with 3.77 million, but both timeslots were up from previous week's repeats.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 4.22 million for a repeat...lower than the previous week again.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - Only 2.45 million for a repeat at 7:30, but the normal airing at 9:30pm did 3.45 million for a repeat.
- The Big Bang Theory 8PM (CBS) - 6.05 million for a repeat...down some from previous week, as this was its last airing in this slot and will now move to 9:30pm for good.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.67 million for a repeat airing, lower than previous week...let's see how it does as self-starter tomorrow.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.19 million for a repeat is great and it went up from previous week's repeat.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 8.42 million for a repeat is decent but so far it is doing similar to Rules of Engagement repeats but is holding more in 18-49, which CBS should like.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - No NBA Finals so ABC was forced to air repeats of this and it did just 3.02 and 2.82 million. Look for repeats to air Fridays at 9 starting this week.
- Scrubs (ABC) - Again ABC was forced to air a repeat of this due to no NBA Finals, and it only managed 1.97 million.
- Better Off Ted (ABC) - A repeat only did 1.41 million. Good news is new episodes return this Tuesday and will follow the anticipated competition series The Superstars.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Just 4.1 million for a repeat...but up a tad from previous week.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Just 4.17 million for a repeat, but also up some from previous week. No match for the Big Balls!
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.29 million for a repeat in its normal 9pm slot...down some from previous week's repeat.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - Only 2.68 million for a repeat..worse than previous week.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 1.17 million. Up a bit from previous week's prelim again, but this show is canceled anyway.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did 1.43 million prelim viewers for this canceled sitcom as well...up from previous week's prelim. This should have been brought back for another year I think.
- Surviving Suburbia (ABC) - Prelim numbers show only 2.59 million for an all-new episode at 8pm, down from previous week's prelim. Finals for previous week were lower though due to DTV switch and Chicago and Philly ratings were not counted in the finals.
- The Goode Family (ABC) - Prelim numbers were even worse for an all-new episode of this show with a series low of 1.59 million. As with the lead-in, the finals for previous week were lower due to the DTV switch.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) 2 episodes - Two repeats did just a prelim 1.68 million average for the hour, down from previous week. Look for final Friday ratings for all of these sitcoms on our message board when available.
Coming Week Preview (June 22-28):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and Here Come the Newlyweds at 10pm. NBC will have a two-hour of the crazy I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8pm followed by yet another Dateline at 10pm. On cable among the highlights we have a new episode of Around the World for Free on WGN America at 9pm, season premiere of Secret Life of the American Teenager and the series premiere of Make It or Break It on ABC Family starting at 8pm, new episodes of The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT starting at 9, WWE Raw on USA Network, Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, VH1's reality series Rock of Love Charm School, New York Goes to Work & Gotti's Way, and Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List at 10pm on Bravo.
On Tuesday, ABC has the series premiere of The Superstars at 8pm followed by the return of Better off Ted at 9:30pm and the season premiere of Primetime: Family Secrets at 10pm. CBS will have an episode of 48 Hours at 10pm. NBC has another I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8 followed by the two-hour season premiere of America's Got Talent. Fox and The CW at 9pm will have Mental on Fox and The CW airing Hitched or Ditched. On cable, among the highlights are Deadliest Catch and After the Catch on Discovery starting at 9pm, TNT has dramas Hawthorne, and Saving Grace starting at 9pm, MTV has Paris Hilton's My New BFF at 10, TLC has new series 18 Kids and Counting & The Little Couple, BET has College Hill at 10pm, Bravo has an all-new The Real Housewives of New Jersey at 9pm, Oxygen has Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood at 10, The Cleaner at 10 on A&E, and FX has an all-new Rescue Me at 10pm.
On Wednesday, the best show of the summer is Wipeout and it airs at 8pm, followed by I Survived a Japanese Game Show at 9pm, and at 10pm the special Primetime: Questions for the President. NBC will have the finale (finally!) of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, followed by America's Got Talent at 9 and the premiere of The Philanthropist at 10. Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. On cable, among the highlights are new episodes of Meet the Browns on TBS starting at 10pm, Food has Bobby Flay at 9, Discovery has an all-new primetime including Pitchmen at 10pm, Comedy Central has a new RENO 911 at 10:30pm, MTV has Real World Cancun at 10, MonsterQuest on History at 9, Top Chef Masters is on Bravo at 10, and also at 10pm is Tattoo Highway on A&E.
On Thursday, ABC will have the returns of sitcoms Samantha Who & In the Motherhood at 8pm, with all new episodes. NBC will have a new episode of drama The Listener at 10pm. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. On cable, among the highlights are NBA Draft on ESPN starting at 7pm, WWE Superstars on WGN America, new night for Wedding Day on TNT at 8pm, Burn Notice on USA at 9 followed by Royal Pains at 10, Comedy Central has a new Tosh.0 at 10pm, MTV has a new 16 and Pregnant at 10, TLC has a new American Chopper at 9, TV Land has She's Got the Look at 9pm, The Real Housewives of Orange County at 9 & The Fashion Show at 10 on Bravo, and Southern Belles: Louisville at 10 on SOAPnet.
On Friday, ABC has new episodes of Surviving Suburbia and The Goode Family in the 8pm hour and later a new 20/20 at 10pm. NBC has a burn-off of Chopping Block followed by two-hours of Dateline. Fox will air an unsold pilot from 8-10pm called Virtuality, and MNT is airing WWE Smackdown. Cable wise, among the highlights are World's Funniest Commercials at 9pm on TBS, Whale Wars on Animal Planet at 9, What Not to Wear & Say Yes to the Dress on TLC and The Soup on E! at 10.
On Saturday, it's slow as usual with NBC airing a burn-off of Kings at 8. ABC has the a burn-off episode of Eli Stone at 10pm, while CBS has burn-off of Harper's Island 9pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. Cable wise, TBS has the Comedy Festival at 9, Nick has a new iCarly and True Jackson at 8, and GSN has a new 20Q at 8.
And next Sunday, ABC will have the final part of the mini-series Impact from 9-11pm. CBS has 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will have a new Dateline at 7pm, leading into a two-hour episode of Merlin from 8-10. Cable wise, among the highlights are TBS's Comedy Festival at 10pm, Lifetime's new season of Army Wives at 10pm, Law & Order Criminal Intent and In Plain Sight on USA at 9 & 10, BET Awards on BET, Kendra and Denise Richards at 10 on E!, Daisy of Love & Brooke Knows Best on VH1, Gene Simmons Family Jewels & Hammertime on A&E, Jesse James is a Dead Man on Spike at 10, JONAS on Disney at 8:30, and Bridezillas on WE tv.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.