Monday, March 23, 2009
TV One Adds South Central, Removes 'Mama' Marathon; TV Land Adds Married with Children Marathon for April
As for regular schedule changes, beginning on Saturday, April 4, the TV One Saturday night lineup has changed in the 10pm and 10:30pm timeslots and will now air the critically acclaimed short-lived comedy-drama series South Central, a serio-comic show about the struggles of a family residing in South Central Los Angeles, to the Saturday nights. Joan Mosely, an independent-minded single mother, must find a way to make ends meet while still keeping a close eye on her teenage children, Andre and Tasha. The series stars Tina Lifford, Larenze Tate, and Jennifer Lopez. The series aired last month in a marathon block and it looks like it di well for TV One!
Then beginning on Saturday, April 11, the serio-comic series South Central has also been added to the TV One Saturday morning comedy block in the 10am and 10:30am timeslots. The Saturday morning lineup will now air as follows: back-to-back episodes each of All About the Andersons, The PJs, All of Us, Good Times, South Central and Sanford & Son all from 6am-12pm. So this means short-lived comedy Where I Live has been removed from the TV One schedule. Its last airings are April 4 from 7-8am.
Originally on Sunday, April 19 at 5pm was supposed to be an encore of TV One's original special Living Single: The Reunion Show, which reunites the cast of the long running sitcom Living Single for a trip down memory lane including backstage gossip, set secrets, guest star tales, and bloopers for a night of fun and fond memories, but now has been rescheduled for 10pm and 2am that night. The show also has an additional encore airing on Friday, May 1 at 12am.
Finally, on Saturday April, 25 from 8pm to 10pm to conclude the "Good Times Favorite Episodes" 24-hour mega-thon, TV One airs viewers choice episodes of the sitcom Good Times which are episodes viewers picked as their favorite on the TV One website. So now the marathon is two more extra hours...26 to be exact!
TV Land has also done some editing to their April line-up! The biggest change to the schedule is an addition of a Married...with Children marathon! Yes, Al Bundy on TV Land for one-night only on Thursday, April 23 from 9pm-12am on TV Land PRIME! This is all in anticipation of the cast reunion during the 2009 TV Land Awards on Sunday, April 26, TV Land is offering viewers 6 of the most popular episodes from this outrageous series. If you're wondering how TV Land is airing this series, well because sister station Spike TV airs the show, so TV Land is borrowing it for one night. It looks to be a good love and marriage for TV Land!
Speaking of the 2009 TV Land Awards, the show will now start at 8pm ET/PT instead of 9pm.
As for other changes, TV Land will not have CSI: NY in April on Thursday nights. It was only for March. Instead we will have The Jeffersons from 10pm-12am, 3rd Rock from 12-1am, Cosby Show 1-2am, and Sanford & Son 2-3am.
Finally, a M*A*S*H weekend marathon has been added for the weekend of April 18-20. On late Friday, April 17 from 2am-5am we get the M*A*S*H series finale followed by the regular 5-6am airing. Then the fun really begins on Saturday and Sunday from 8pm-6am, and concludes Monday (April 20) from 8pm-12am!
View more on the updated TV Land April 2009 schedule. Stay tuned for TV Land May 2009 highlights and schedule tomorrow.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Property Division Collision" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon and Leonard try to divvy up their shared belongings, but can’t agree on anything. Also, Koothrappali and Stuart fight to be the most helpful during Bernadette’s final weeks of pregnancy. Christopher Lloyd guest stars as Theodore.
Superior Donuts - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Emmy Award winner Judd Hirsch and comedian Jermaine Fowler star in a new comedy about the relationship between Arthur, the gruff owner of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee, Franco, and their loyal patrons in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
2 Broke Girls - "And the '80s Movie" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Max and Caroline, now part owners of the diner, put the finishing touches on their newly converted Dessert Bar, Max deals with the aftermath of her recent breakup with Randy, and Sophie and Oleg prepare for the birth of their baby.
American Dad - "A Nice Night for a Drive" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.
Angie Tribeca - "Brockman Turner Overdrive" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When a beloved badminton star is the suspect of a hit-and-run, everyone turns a blind eye except Tribeca and Geils.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Couchy" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates a problem when she sells the ugly, used couch Sofia received from her boss.
Baby Daddy - "The Sonny-moon" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben becomes jealous when Bonnie sends Danny on a cruise to celebrate his impending fatherhood.
Monday, April 24
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Watch Lena on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.