Tuesday, March 31, 2009
The other all-new Biography episode announced is called Biography: "Teen Heartthrobs" airing Wednesday, April 8 at 10pm ET/PT (encoring 2am ET/PT). For every generation, there are teen heartthrobs: those whose posters line the inside of our lockers and whose faces grace the cover of Tiger Beat. Part of their charm is the promise of a bright future ahead; but for many, that promise is never fulfilled. The teen actors grow old, and we grow up--and grow disinterested. This profile remembers the teen heartthrobs who drove us wild, while also showcasing the lives of those former teen hotties who remain heartthrobs as adults: they may no longer be teenagers, but they're still successful, celebrated, and just plain hot. Featured heartthrobs include: Christina Applegate (Married with Children), Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic), Jessica Biel (7th Heaven), Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?, Charmed), Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell), and Jessica Alba (Dark Angel).
We will have more on future new Biography episodes related to TV/sitcoms in the future for sure! As for repeats, there are plenty of them airing! Today (March 31), they are encoring stars and shows of the '70s with Biography episodes of Marlo Thomas, Farrah Fawcett, Suzanne Somers, Florence Henderson, The Brady Bunch, and The Wonder Years. Tomorrow (April 1), as Biography gets ready for the all-new 'Diff'rent Strokes' Bio, they will encore '80s related airings and child star problem airings of Dana Plato, Kim Fields, Bill Cosby, Danny Bonaduce, and The Facts of Life.
Other new Biography episodes for April are Rowan Atkinson (April 14, 10pm) and Bruce Springsteen (April 15, 10pm).
View the full schedule of encores and new episodes of TV/sitcom related Biography episodes for April on The Biography Channel.
It's time for another installment of SitcomsOnline.com Interactive! This time we are asking you all to join our Twitter and Facebook Pages! We have created pages for both and want all fans of the website (that includes the blog, DVD reviews, and the message board!) to join in and discuss sitcoms and other topics with other fans and members! On Twitter, you can view our blog and DVD review links and follow us more better. And you can view other Twitter blogs we follow, such as ET, Access Hollywood, Retroality.TV, and TVShowsonDVD.com to easier get your news updates from various sources! Fans who follow us, can create their own blog as well, if they wish! It is a win-win situation! So join us on Twitter!
On Facebook we have a page set up for fans where you can be a fan of SitcomsOnline, and view news stories, post pictures, talk to other members, and so much more. Yes, a Facebook Page for the website SitcomsOnline.com! Now you can talk with friends of SitcomsOnline.com when you're not even on SitcomsOnline! For all fans of the website, members of the message board and staff members! It's all sitcoms, all the time! I know many of you have Facebook and practically live there, so please join us there!
We will now be even easier to find...and spread the word to everyone out there to follow & join our Twitter and Facebook pages! The internet is getting very interactive, isn't it? Let us know what you think of all this on our Twitter and Facebook pages!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 7
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of the annual fright fest Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Sliding Bobs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob’s mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.
The Simpsons - "Halloween of Horror" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Lisa becomes scared at the Krustyland Halloween Horror Night, Homer is forced to take down his Everscream Terrors decorations. Halloween pop-up employees seek vengeance on Homer for causing them to lose their jobs, and rob his house while Homer and Lisa hide out in the attic. Homer and Lisa light up their stored holiday decorations to attract attention and stand up to the intruders.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Loveable Jackass" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After sales for their hangover cure are slower than expected, the guys decide to take part in a drug trial for quick cash, but their plans are unexpectedly derailed by Paul Abdul (guest-starring as herself). Meanwhile, Kelly faces an awkward situation after spending time with Leslie and Josh.
Family Guy - "Pilling Them Softly" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie is diagnosed with ADD and prescribed Adderall, which Brian takes to write a 2000-page proposal to pitch to author George R.R. Martin at a book convention. Meanwhile, Quagmire and Peter compete, Iron Chef-style, to determine which of them gets to keep his new cooking show.
Bordertown - "Borderwall" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bud fights to get a border wall constructed using confiscated drug money, only to have the wall destroy the economy, leaving him jobless. He then begins smuggling immigrants under the wall to make ends meet.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after the Super Bowl on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.