Friday, December 26, 2008
Adult Swim has picked up 14 episodes of the British comedy hit Look Around You, set to air Sunday nights at 1 a.m. (ET, PT) beginning Jan. 18. Created, written and produced by Robert Popper and Peter Serafinowicz, Look Around You is a nostalgic comedy series offering parodies of educational programs of the '70s and early '80s. And while each episode offers a unique, scientific dissection of thesurrounding world, it teaches viewers absolutely nothing. Popper and Serafinowicz star in the show and wrote and performed the music for the series.
Encore is celebrating the weekend between Christmas and New Year's with a Big '80s Weekend beginning tonight, (Friday, December 26) at 8pm through the end of Sunday, December 28! In addition to a marathon of classic '80s flicks such as Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Uncle Buck, Harry and the Hendersons, Die Har, Mr. Mom, Dirty Dancing, Teen Wolf Too, Twins, Mannequin, Back to the Future and Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, catch the world television premiere of US Festival 1983 - Day One including performances by INXS, Oingo Boingo (featuring Danny Elfman) and The Clash and interviews with MTV VJ Mark Goodman and Men At Work's Colin Hay.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.