Monday, October 13, 2008
Back in early May we told you Sci Fi Channel has struck a deal with CBS-Paramount for various shows. The main show of the deal is Ghost Whisperer but it doesn't start to air until Fall 2009. Star Trek: The Next Generation was the first show from the deal to start airing, with blocks of The Sentinel shortly following in the daytime rotation. Then last month Seven Days joined the regular schedule airing weekdays at 4PM. This month, Friday the 13th: The Series started to air in the daytime rotation...just in time for Halloween. Now in November, we will finally get the '70s sci-fi sitcom Mork & Mindy! The show will air in an all-day marathon event the day after Thanksgiving on Friday, November 28 from 8am-6am! Yes, 22 hours of Mork! See episode info. As of now, this marathon is the only scheduled airing for Mork & Mindy. I'm sure we will see it again...we'll let you know when, but for now watch this all-day event on Nov. 28! Mark it down!
So far the only other shows not to air yet from this CBS Paramount deal are Charmed, Early Edition, Highlander, Highlander Raven, and The Invaders (Ghost Whisperer can't air until Fall 2009). We will let you know as soon as we know when they air!
Airing tonight is the second season premiere of last season's number one sitcom...Samantha Who! Golden Globe winner Samantha Who and Emmy winner Jean Smart star in this brilliantly written and funny single-camera sitcom. Tonight Cybill Shepherd guest stars in a dancing themed episode, with a special appearance by Dancing with the Stars pro Mark Ballas! The premiere airs at 9:30pm following Dancing with the Stars on ABC! View my review of the season premiere, along with the review of the first two Eli Stone episodes, which has its second season premiere tomorrow night at 10pm on ABC! Have faith! Eli Stone is one of those shows you have faith in and root for...
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.