Sunday, August 17, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 4-10)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 1.43 and 1.67 million for two repeats...down from previous week as this was its first head to head airing vs. the Olympics.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Only 3.18 million for a repeat in its 8pm slot.
King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 3.74 million for a repeat, down week to week, but it aired at 8:30pm.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 720,000 viewers this week for a repeat...down from previous week, as the Olympics killed everything.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 690,000 viewers for a repeat...also down week to week.
- The Game (The CW) - 870,000 viewers for a repeat, also down from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat, built from lead-in but also down from previous week.
Summer Week 12 (August 11-17)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.62 million for a repeat...sharply down from previous week's repeat, but the Olympics are on. Honestly, I don't get all the hoopla over the Olympics.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.82 million for a repeat airing, down from previous week, but built from the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.07 million for a repeat, down from previous week but still a solid rating.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.63 million for a repeat, as it finally went down.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) - Just 1.77 and 2.15 million for repeats in the 9pm hour, but it built at least as the 8pm hour on ABC was very low rated.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Repeat this week against the Olympics...but watch this instead because it is obviously funnier than the Olympics and we are all about laughs here at SitcomsOnline!
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 13) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics, which will be the main draw of the night. A pretty quiet and boring night unless you are an Olympics fan. Cable is the way to go with Lifetime's Army Wives, USA Network's In Plain Sight and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 and A&E airing their reality series. And don't forget Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm on USA Network. Cable is the way to go indeed!
On Monday, ABC will be new with High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm followed by the network television premiere of the movie Bewitched from 9-11pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics. Cable again will be the best draw with The Closer and Saving Grace on TNT from 9-11pm. ABC Family also has a new Middleman at 10pm and VH1 with more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills.
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is a repeat but it will lead-in to game show Wanna Bet? which has now moved to Tuesdays, followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries at 10pm. NBC has the Summer Olympics all-night again. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager is doing well and will air at 8pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked. Best night of the summer but a bit slow tonight with Wipeout a repeat.
On Wednesday NBC's Summer Olympics are the way to go. CBS has Greatest American Dog at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Cable wise Sci Fi has Ghost Hunters and Scare Tactics starting at 9pm. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday Fox has an NFL pre-season game between the 49ers and Bears. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashtown at 10pm, which is doing decent. And NBC with the Summer Olympics. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows, Comedy Central has The Gong Show. The finale of MTV's America's Best Dance Crew is also at 10pm.
On Friday, NBC will be king with Summer Olympics. CBS has a NFL pre-season game between the Texans and Cowboys. ABC and The CW will of course will have 20/20 & WWE Smackdown. Cable wise, Monk & Psych on USA from 9-11 and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and of course the Summer Olympics on NBC and their cable networks, while CBS has coverage of NFL pre-season.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.