Tuesday, June 03, 2008
They join previously-announced honorees Mike Myers, Garry Marshall, the casts of Roseanne and The Golden Girls and Jonathan Winters. The show will tape this Sunday, June 8 at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA and will premiere on TV Land the following week on Sunday, June 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Justin Timberlake will present The Legacy of Laughter Award to Mike Myers.
Penny Marshall, Cindy Williams, Henry Winkler, Jack Klugman and Dick Van Dyke will present The Legend Award to Garry Marshall.
Robin Williams will present The Pioneer Award to Jonathan Winters.
More will come on the TV Land Awards very soon, so check back with us!
Now let's move on to some TV schedules! TV One has released its July 2008 schedule to us. As we mentioned in our June highlights last month, they are doing weekday marathons from 10am-4pm for the summer and they will have a 24-hour Martin 4th of July marathon from 8pm to 8pm July 5.
The 10am-4pm weekday blocks for this month include a birthday tribute to actress Roz Ryan by airing episodes of Amen, Good News, All About The Andersons, Bid Whist Party Throwdown on July 7. On July 14, TV One presents a Roc Fights Back marathon following the sitcom's storyline surrounding neighborhood drug dealer Andre (Clifton Powell) and his effect on the community. On July 15, it is a Boston Public marathon featuring all of the American Idol finalist Tamyra Gray's episodes. On July 22, it is a Eve Girl Power Marathon, featuring all stories about the hijinx of Shelley, Rita and Janie. Fastlane, Cedric the Entertainer Presents, A Man Called Hawk, Divorce Court, and Hangin' with Mr. Cooprer round out the other series marathons.
Other notable highlight is an All of Us Marathon. On Saturday, July 26 starting at 12 noon through 9pm, TV One presents an All of Us 'Celebrity Drive-By' Marathon that features episodes full of famous guest appearances from notable stars such as Beyonce, Boris Kodjoe, Will Smith, Allen Payne, Tyra Banks, Serena Williams, Vivica A. Fox, Paula Abdul, and many more.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 3
2 Broke Girls - "And the Fat Cat" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A handsome businessman returns Max and Caroline’s missing cat, Nancy, who comes home with a big surprise.
The Odd Couple - "Heal Thyself" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Felix’s hypochondria kicks into overdrive when Oscar starts dating the most important person in Felix’s life – his doctor. Erinn Hayes guest stars as Sharon, Felix’s doctor.
Significant Mother - "Welcome to Bonetown" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
Budding Portland restaurateur Nate's (Josh Zuckerman) world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate, Jimmy (Nathaniel Buzolic), is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia (Krista Allen). To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison (special guest star Jonathan Silverman), is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend's first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life. Read our review.
Odd Mom Out - "Wheels Down" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill is forced to choose between Vanessa's birthday party and Brooke's 1980s prom-themed gala; Andy tells Jill about Lex's relationship with his assistant; at Brooke's event, Candace reveals secrets that shatter the family's perfect facade.
Monday, August 3
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Watch Jerrod on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on the AOL Build Show.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Don visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Free Agents/Gary Unmarried) - Al will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin appears on repeats of Rachael Ray and The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (Off Centre/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, and on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.