Friday, June 20, 2008
RTN Salutes Get Smart As New Movie Opens; Classic TV Stars Honored at EMA's Home Entertainment Awards
RTN in Detroit regularly airs Get Smart weeknights at 11:00pm, but this is huge when two episodes are airing in primetime on ABC Detroit!
We will let you know if any other RTN affiliates are honoring Get Smart with something similar as soon as we know. So you might want to keep checking back here in this spot.
On Tuesday, June 24 in Las Vegas, the EMA Home Media Expo 2008/EMA Home Entertainment Awards will be held. From 9am-5:30pm Exhibits and Conference will be going on and following that will be the Awards Show from 7:30-9pm.
There will be a salute to classic TV stars at the awards. Among the honorees:
Josie Davis - Favorite Television Child Star for Charles in Charge (Arts Alliance America will release the fourth season of Charles in Charge, which starred Scott Baio as a babysitter for the Powell family, on DVD Nov. 18.)
Don Most & Anson Williams - Legendary Television Duo for Happy Days
Paul Petersen - Legendary Television Son for The Donna Reed Show
Charlene Tilton - Legendary Television Bad Girl for Dallas
Jamie Kennedy - Award Show Host
Plus Classic TV Stars Peter Brown (Laredo), Robert Fuller (Laramie), and Denny Miller (Wagon Train).
Visit homemediaexpo.com for more info.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, August 20
The Middle - "Stormy Moon" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is gobsmacked when she is handcuffed, arrested and taken to the police station. But when she discovers that her arrest was over an unreturned library book, she sets her sights on the only person she suspects to be the real guilty party - Brick. Meanwhile, Sue doesn't know how to express her feelings of disdain to Reverend TimTom over his new partner and girlfriend, Reverend Tammy (Casey Wilson, “Happy Endings”), and Axl and Cassidy reunite during Spring Break but find themselves mostly kissing and not talking to one another.
The Goldbergs - "The Age of Darkness" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Despite her best efforts, Beverly is crushed when she cannot console Erica when her boyfriend, Drew Kremp, dumps her. So Murray steps in to help his daughter. Meanwhile, Barry is obsessed with a new arcade game and continually asks Pops for money to play. When he takes the situation to a desperate level involving Adam, an intervention is planned.
Modern Family - "The Help" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gloria hires a too-good-to-be-true male nanny (guest star Adam DeVine), Jay and Manny are pretty much dead set against it. Frank (guest star Fred Willard) is in town and feeling a bit lonely recently, so Phil and Jay take him out to help get his groove back. And, Mitch and Cam commission Pepper (guest star Nathan Lane) to plan their dream wedding, but Pepper might be dreaming a little too big.
Modern Family - "And One to Grow On" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil tricks Luke into taking a dance class, but the jokes on him when the white lie indirectly lands him in the slammer. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria are throwing birthday parties for both Manny and Joe and are concerned Manny might be going for girls out of his league, and Mitch and Cam get a rude awakening in the cutthroat world of booking a wedding venue.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Getting Played" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi tries to repair the relationship between Yolanda's son and his former girlfriend.
Mystery Girls - "Death Rose" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Holly's willingness to help a friend brings nothing but trouble.
Hot in Cleveland - "Mystery Date: Oscar Edition" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Victoria has to choose between Melanie and Joy for her plus one to the Oscars, they compete with each other to show who's the better friend.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Love to Me" (OWN, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Linda goes back to Philip and indulges in a spontaneous night of passion.
Wednesday, August 20
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Watch Kathy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jaime King (The Class/Gary Unmarried) - Jaime visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin talks about Rio 2 on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher dishes with Rach on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris talks about her film The Little Rascals Save the Day on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Kim is a guest on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel interviews Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.