Tuesday, August 07, 2007
RHI on ION Movie Weekend in September includes movies such as Fatal Error with Robert Wagner and Bridge of Time with Susan Dey; mini-series such as the six-hour Larry McMurtry's The Streets of Laredo and four-hour ones such as Ford: Man & His Machine and Degree of Guilt. The 1996 documentary Titanic will also air...not to be confused by the 1997 blockbuster movie.
To discuss and to read more about ION September, click HERE.
As for ABC Family, as I mentioned there will be no schedule changes in September to the regular schedule. However, two of their original series will have season finales, while one will have its season premiere. Kyle XY will have its fall season finale on Labor Day at 8PM, with an all-day marathon before the finale. The series will return in January with 10 additional episodes. Greek will ends its first season a week after on September 10 at 9PM. Meanwhile, the second season of family drama Lincoln Heights will start Tuesday, September 4 for 10 more new episodes. New animated series Slacker Cats will continue on Mondays at 10PM. On Sunday, September 16 ABC Family premieres its new original movie Big Liar on Campus, Ryan Pinkston fibs his way into the school. The movie also stars Kate Mara, Teri Polo, Craig Kilborn, and Carmen Electra.
A to be determined marathon is on Sunday, September 21...all-day. It will probably be a marathon of Ugly Betty or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, or another ABC series premiereing its new season that week. We will let you know, when confirmed.
FremantleMedia will launch TVComedyClassics.com, a new web portal that will make a selection of comedy programming from its archives available to consumers for download to own or rent. TV series from the UK such as Tommy Cooper Half Hour, The Howerd Confessions, George and Mildred, Love Thy Neighbour and Bless This House, among others, with new content being added regularly. The website will host comedy selections from FME's archives from across the decades, featuring performers like Tommy Cooper, Frankie Howerd, Eric Sykes, Sid James, Penelope Keith and Jim Davidson. The company is currently exploring content opportunities with other independent production companies and is looking to extend the TVComedyClassics brand locally around the world.
If we have more news we will be back.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.