Friday, June 22, 2007
What a day for TBS, announcing two acquisitions in one day. TBS has reportedly paid close to $1 million an episode.
Local channels will also get the show for daily play in fall 2009, but no buys as of yet.
To view the press release and to discuss this news, click HERE.
ABC Family will remove 7th Heaven from the line-up effective this weekend. The show was only airing weekend mornings at 7am & 8am. ABC Family will replace the show with the same thing that airs weekdays from 7-9am...an hour each of the sitcoms Family Matters and Step by Step. Heaven probably wasn't doing that well in the mornings.
No idea if 7th Heaven will return to another slot, but so far it is off the schedule completely after this change.
The N has issued an update for July. The 12-3am marathon for the week of July 2 is...Laguna Beach. Yes, the MTV show. It will launch July 2 from 6pm-6am and air in nightly marathons that week from 12-3am. That is not all, though...it will air weeknights at 8pm & 12am that week and until further notice. Weird. Maybe just for the summer. They should air Growing Pains. Anyway, click here for the highlights.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 2
The Middle - "The Convention" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Dr. Goodwin (Jack McBrayer) informs Frankie that she must attend a convention on an all-expense paid trip to Des Moines as part of the dentist office’s transition to being part of the Smile Superstars International team, headlined by the company’s inspiring founder, Dr. Samuelson (Cheryl Hines). Thinking that her husband could use a break, Frankie entices Mike to join her on the trip to experience the luxuries of a free mini vacation. Meanwhile, Axl informs a disapproving Sue that he’s going to move into her dorm room until he finds a new place of his own, and roles become reversed when Mike’s dad, Big Mike (John Cullum), agrees to watch over Brick while Frankie and Mike are out of town.
The Goldbergs - "Wingmom" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Inspired by “Top Gun,” Barry decides to join ROTC. Convinced it will help discipline him, Murray orders the Captain to prevent Barry from quitting when the going gets tough, prompting Beverly to join Barry, too! Meanwhile, Adam helps Pops get his swag back with a special librarian.
Modern Family - "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gloria won a bid at the school auction for a family seminar with famed doctor and author Debra Radcliffe, whose self-help book ‘Clean Out Your Junk Drawer’ encourages people get out all their emotional junk to become healthier people and in turn better partners and spouses. Jay is resistant to the whole experience and can’t get away fast enough; Mitch and Cam decide to keep it very surface level so they can come off as super stable; and Phil and Claire also make it competitive and strive to be the best and strongest couple of the group. Things quickly escalate, though, as junk starts flying. Elsewhere, Haley and Alex meet up and counsel each other on their boy problems.
black-ish - "Man at Work" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always looked out for the crew he grew up with, but when his childhood friend Sha (guest star Faizon Love) comes to stay at the house for a few days, Bow thinks he is taking advantage of Dre’s generosity. Meanwhile, Daphne Lido (played by Wanda Sykes), the now ex-wife of Stevens & Lido’s founding partner, gains control of half of the company and wants to start inserting herself in company business. When Daphne starts to question Charlie’s work ethic, Dre must decide who he remains loyal to.
The League - "The 13 Stages of Grief" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When the league is kicked off their fantasy football website, Kevin has to run the league old school. Jenny deals with loss. Rafi counsels Ruxin. Andre tries to co-opt Ruxin¹s dinner reservation.
You're the Worst - "Other Things You Could Be Doing" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Gretchen's depression comes to a head, forcing Jimmy to make a tough choice. Lindsay finally lets Paul go. Edgar has his improv graduation show.
Wednesday, December 2
- Lenny Clarke (Are You There, Chelsea?/The Winner/Lenny) - Watch Lenny on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tone Bell (Truth Be Told/Bad Judge) and Tiffany Haddish (The Carmichael Show) - Tone and Tiffany are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) and Ted McGinley (Hope & Faith/Married with Children/Happy Days) - Faith and Ted talk about their Hallmark Channel original movie Karen Kingsbury's The Bridge on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Anna is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her new movie Christmas Eve on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Ricky Schroder (Silver Spoons) - Ricky makes holiday candles with his wife, Andrea, on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Rob Schneider (Rob) - Rob is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.