Wednesday, April 25, 2007
ABC will have high-power episodes of its signature series Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars and more! There are no stunt programming except a special sneak peek on the summer series Traveler on May 10 at 10pm. National Bingo Night, another summer series, will get a preview during the last Friday of sweeps (May 18 at 9). Its all about its series on ABC, so viewers will be glued all month long. To view the May sweep ABC highlights, click HERE.
For fourth place NBC, it is all about stunt programming. NBC will launch a special blockbuster movie night on Sundays for sweeps, such as Along Came Polly. They will also have two SNL specials in primetime, along with two super-sized Thursdays. The NBC signature series will finish with a bang such as Heroes, Deal or No Deal, The Office, My Name is Earl, ER, and Law & Order: SVU. Click HERE for NBC's highlights.
For Fox it will be a mix of series and stunts this May. Fox has announced it has canceled new drama Drive and have replaced it with more House encores (Mondays at 8). The Fridays at 8 House encores will cease on May 4 with encores of Nanny 911 airing instead. Fox has two NASCAR races on two Saturdays, the world broadcast premiere of the movie The Day After Tomorrow, The Simpsons' landmark 400th episode, and of course the finale of American Idol. Fox will also preview summer reality series On the Lot after the first part finale of American Idol. It looks to be a good May for Fox, click HERE for highlights.
May sweeps starts tomorrow! Watch all you can because your favorite series will go on a summer break after the sweeps ends on May 23.
The low-rated cable channel Black Family Channel will go off-air on April 30. The network never really took off after eight years on air. Black networks such as TV One and BET do much better in the ratings. It used to air reruns of the sitcom Roc and the animated Dennis the Menace. Currently it was airing reruns of the animated The Bullwinkle Show and King Leonardo on Saturday mornings.
The network was in 16 million homes, which is not that much really compared to other cable networks.
The Middle - "Stormy Moon" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie is gobsmacked when she is handcuffed, arrested and taken to the police station. But when she discovers that her arrest was over an unreturned library book, she sets her sights on the only person she suspects to be the real guilty party - Brick. Meanwhile, Sue doesn't know how to express her feelings of disdain to Reverend TimTom over his new partner and girlfriend, Reverend Tammy (Casey Wilson, “Happy Endings”), and Axl and Cassidy reunite during Spring Break but find themselves mostly kissing and not talking to one another.
Suburgatory - "I'm Just Not Into Me" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Tessa drags Malik and Lisa to a college party, she meets a male version of herself and becomes enamored. They see eye-to-eye on everything and it’s almost the perfect relationship. Meanwhile, Dallas enlists a matchmaker to set her and Dalia up, but the matchmaker convinces Dallas to date herself and she decides to get back to basics with a new look.
Modern Family - "Other People's Children" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s male-bonding day when Jay takes Luke into the garage to show him the way around tools and impart some manly wisdom, and Gloria goes with Claire and Lily to shop for Lily’s flower girl dress. Elsewhere, Mitch, Cam, Alex and Manny go for a cultured day at the museum but it eventually becomes survival of the smartest. And Phil enthusiastically offers to help Andy with his anniversary gift to his girlfriend, which is an elaborate video expression of his love.
Mixology - "Bruce & Jessica" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bruce is as abrasive as they come and when he sets his eyes on Jessica, a single mom from New Jersey, he thinks she’s easy prey. He’s very quickly rejected, but he ignores Tom and Cal’s advice to abort the mission and he continues to pursue her. Meanwhile, Liv decides to indulge her curiosity with Ron, but that leads to some unexpected trouble.
Men at Work - "Jude Awakening" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tyler attempts to ask Jude out on a date, but her past gets in the way. Worried that Gibbs is bottling up his emotions, Milo tries to get him to cry. The big source of Neal's sexual anxiety is revealed.
Men at Work - "Odd Milo Out" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler and Jude try to keep their new relationship a secret. Milo, already feeling left out since quitting Full Steam, has his traditional movie night taken away from him. Gibbs is hurt when Neal finds a new apartment. PJ tells a paranoid Myron to expect big changes in the office.
Melissa & Joey - "To Tell the Truth" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel and Joe's friendship with another couple is jeopardized when a secret is revealed; Zander comes to Ryder for help after he flunks out of art school.
Baby Daddy - "A Knight to Remember" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tucker tries to hide the fact that he's not a lawyer when his father arrives for an unexpected visit; Riley develops a crush on a British stranger; a trip to a Renaissance fair leads to subway shenanigans.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Permission Granted" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Philip asks Danny for permission to take his mother on a date.
Wednesday, March 12
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch Krysten on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy talks about the new season of Cougar Town on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie will be a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Bigley and Jessica McNamee (Sirens) - The cast of Sirens will be guests on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Atticus appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC between 6-9am.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wilmer Valderamma (That '70s Show) - Wilmer stops by Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.