Wednesday, April 25, 2007
ABC will have high-power episodes of its signature series Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars and more! There are no stunt programming except a special sneak peek on the summer series Traveler on May 10 at 10pm. National Bingo Night, another summer series, will get a preview during the last Friday of sweeps (May 18 at 9). Its all about its series on ABC, so viewers will be glued all month long. To view the May sweep ABC highlights, click HERE.
For fourth place NBC, it is all about stunt programming. NBC will launch a special blockbuster movie night on Sundays for sweeps, such as Along Came Polly. They will also have two SNL specials in primetime, along with two super-sized Thursdays. The NBC signature series will finish with a bang such as Heroes, Deal or No Deal, The Office, My Name is Earl, ER, and Law & Order: SVU. Click HERE for NBC's highlights.
For Fox it will be a mix of series and stunts this May. Fox has announced it has canceled new drama Drive and have replaced it with more House encores (Mondays at 8). The Fridays at 8 House encores will cease on May 4 with encores of Nanny 911 airing instead. Fox has two NASCAR races on two Saturdays, the world broadcast premiere of the movie The Day After Tomorrow, The Simpsons' landmark 400th episode, and of course the finale of American Idol. Fox will also preview summer reality series On the Lot after the first part finale of American Idol. It looks to be a good May for Fox, click HERE for highlights.
May sweeps starts tomorrow! Watch all you can because your favorite series will go on a summer break after the sweeps ends on May 23.
The low-rated cable channel Black Family Channel will go off-air on April 30. The network never really took off after eight years on air. Black networks such as TV One and BET do much better in the ratings. It used to air reruns of the sitcom Roc and the animated Dennis the Menace. Currently it was airing reruns of the animated The Bullwinkle Show and King Leonardo on Saturday mornings.
The network was in 16 million homes, which is not that much really compared to other cable networks.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 24
Grandfathered - "Gerald's Two Dads" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans his annual Malibu Thanksgiving day with one of the hottest stomach models on Instagram, but his plans get derailed when he swings by Sara’s house for an obligatory holiday visit and feels threatened by the return of her ex-boyfriend, Bruce (guest star Andy Daly).
The Grinder - "Giving Thanks, Getting Justice" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After spending several holidays away from the family, Dean is thrilled to be reunited with them for his first real Thanksgiving celebration in a long time. But his overexcitement and meddling brings a major, unexpected family secret to light. Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks reveal the chain of events that led to Dean’s departure from his hit TV drama, “The Grinder,” and its subsequent cancellation.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Christmas" (ABC Family, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi encourages Yolanda to reach out to her estranged sister; Josh tries to cheer up Elliot.
Family Time - "Kissing Cousins" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ebony works on a school project to plot out her family tree; Lisa is getting older and refuses to admit that she needs glasses.
Tuesday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Catch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Oliver Platt (The Big C) - Oliver appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) - Diedrich appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Janet Varney (You're the Worst) - Janet is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Bad Teacher/Life with Bonnie) - David talks about The Wiz Live! on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe battled a health crisis that could have killed her. She returns with the important health lesson she wants you to know on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen Cleghorne (Cleghorne!) - Ellen learns how to carve the bird on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace serves up sweet treats for Thanksgiving like candy acorns on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) and Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years - Holly and Danica are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.