Thursday, January 18, 2007
CBS also detailed its Super Bowl schedule for Feb. 4. CBS will kick off its coverage at noon ET with a Road to the Super Bowl 2007 season highlight show, followed by Phil Simms All-Iron Team: The Difference Makers at 1. A four-hour pre-game show then begins at 2, featuring reports from CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric, as well as Early Show anchor and former sportscaster Hannah Storm. CBS Sports' Randy Cross will be doing live cut-ins with American soldiers in Iraq. The game itself is scheduled to kick off at 6:25 p.m. ET from Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Fla.
The post-Super Bowl show will be an episode of Criminal Minds. CBS will close the day with an airing of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson following local news shows.
CBS's TCA tour so far has been the most boring, but everyone knew that. The CW goes tomorrow and Fox on Saturday, should be more livelier.
NBC made a quick note following their tour yesterday and have announced that mid-season drama Raines will now premiere on Thursday, March 15 at 10 p.m. and will air Thursdays at 10 p.m. for 2 weeks, before moving to Fridays at 9 p.m. starting March 30. Jeff Goldblum stars. The show combines creative forces in the inventive police-drama that blends traditional noir storytelling with humor and intrigue.
The i Network has announced its February schedule to us. There are no regular schedule changes, as of now. So, it will remain the same schedule. They will though have a sitcom Valentine's Week from Feb. 12-16 with sitcom episodes dealing with love & romance. Green Acres, Growing Pains, and Mama's Family are featured. There is one Amen sighting even on Feb 22 at 10:30 p.m., following the special The Making of Amazing Grace.
We will keep you up to date if anything should change, but for now click HERE to view the highlights for February.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 31
2 Broke Girls - "And the Look of the Irish" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline try to break Nash (Austin Falk) into the modeling business in an effort to bring in extra money acting as his managers. Also, Sophie and Oleg attempt to keep celibate for 30 days before their wedding. Sandra Bernhard returns as Joe, owner of The High.
The Odd Couple - "Enlightening Strikes" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Felix substitute teaches a yoga class, his teaching style rubs everyone, including Emily, the wrong way. Also, Oscar and Dani get trapped on a subway car, adding to their frustration about living in the city, and Murph asks Teddy to be his agent when he’s approached to be the spokesperson for a Norwegian health supplement. Weird Al Yankovic guest stars as Steve, a student in Felix’s yoga class; Regis Philbin appears as Walter, a passenger on the subway; Geoff Stults returns as Murph.
Significant Mother - " Suffering & Scuccotash" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
When Lydia's uptight mother visits unexpectedly, Lydia wants to hide her relationship with Jimmy; Grammy reveals a secret of her own.
Monday, August 31
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Watch Victoria on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a panelist and musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melora Hardin (Transparent/Wedding Band/The Office) - Melora is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Landecker (Transparent) - Amy will be on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) and David Walton (About a Boy/Bent/Perfect Couples) - Jeremy and David talk about their new film Break Point on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on HuffPost Live at 3:00pm, on the AOL Build Show, on SI Now and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.