Thursday, January 18, 2007
CBS also detailed its Super Bowl schedule for Feb. 4. CBS will kick off its coverage at noon ET with a Road to the Super Bowl 2007 season highlight show, followed by Phil Simms All-Iron Team: The Difference Makers at 1. A four-hour pre-game show then begins at 2, featuring reports from CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric, as well as Early Show anchor and former sportscaster Hannah Storm. CBS Sports' Randy Cross will be doing live cut-ins with American soldiers in Iraq. The game itself is scheduled to kick off at 6:25 p.m. ET from Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Fla.
The post-Super Bowl show will be an episode of Criminal Minds. CBS will close the day with an airing of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson following local news shows.
CBS's TCA tour so far has been the most boring, but everyone knew that. The CW goes tomorrow and Fox on Saturday, should be more livelier.
NBC made a quick note following their tour yesterday and have announced that mid-season drama Raines will now premiere on Thursday, March 15 at 10 p.m. and will air Thursdays at 10 p.m. for 2 weeks, before moving to Fridays at 9 p.m. starting March 30. Jeff Goldblum stars. The show combines creative forces in the inventive police-drama that blends traditional noir storytelling with humor and intrigue.
The i Network has announced its February schedule to us. There are no regular schedule changes, as of now. So, it will remain the same schedule. They will though have a sitcom Valentine's Week from Feb. 12-16 with sitcom episodes dealing with love & romance. Green Acres, Growing Pains, and Mama's Family are featured. There is one Amen sighting even on Feb 22 at 10:30 p.m., following the special The Making of Amazing Grace.
We will keep you up to date if anything should change, but for now click HERE to view the highlights for February.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, August 31
The Goldbergs - "I Caddyshacked the Pool" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam comes up with an excuse to not swim in class because he is embarrassed of his changing body, but Coach Mellor says he will fail him unless he participates. So he comes up with a plan that could affect his friendship with Dave Kim. Meanwhile, Erica struggles to find an identity, so she creates a club at school, but Barry ruins the experience for her when he joins the club as well.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "The Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Manny and Luke are in charge of babysitting Lily so that the adults can enjoy a day to themselves. Claire and Gloria have a lovely trip to the spa planned; Phil and Mitch nerd out at the movies; and Jay and Cam go to a sports bar to watch the big fight. Things start going awry though when the fire alarm goes off back at the house, and Claire is convinced the boys are secretly throwing a party.
black-ish - "Good-ish Times" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre is left exhausted after wrestling with a lot of stress at work and while at home, he drifts to sleep watching a TV marathon of “Good Times” – cue the dream sequence. The Johnson family goes back in time to the 1970s transforming into the classic TV show’s characters.
Modern Family - "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Gloria won a bid at the school auction for a family seminar with famed doctor and author Debra Radcliffe, whose self-help book ‘Clean Out Your Junk Drawer’ encourages people get out all their emotional junk to become healthier people and in turn better partners and spouses. Jay is resistant to the whole experience and can’t get away fast enough; Mitch and Cam decide to keep it very surface level so they can come off as super stable; and Phil and Claire also make it competitive and strive to be the best and strongest couple of the group. Things quickly escalate, though, as junk starts flying. Elsewhere, Haley and Alex meet up and counsel each other on their boy problems.
The Middle - "A Very Donahue Vacation" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After making some extra money from the diaper business, Mike surprises a rather unenthusiastic Heck family with a spring break vacation at Mammoth Cave, Kentucky. In the hopes of livening up what is perceived to be a lame vacation, Frankie suggests that the Donahues join them. While Mike visits all of the attractions on his own, Nancy asks a not-so-thrilled Frankie to speak with Sean to try and talk him into taking his MCATs; Axl enlists Brick to help him pick up women by playing “Jerk/No Jerk” – with Brick in the role of the “Jerk”; and Mike is anything but excited when an exuberant Sue reveals some news to him about her upcoming summer plans.
You're the Worst - "Try Real Hard" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy and Gretchen adjust to life after saying I love you. Edgar and Dorothy have sexual problems. Lindsay and Paul start a new hobby.
Wednesday, August 31
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Debi Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Debi talks about Younger on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Constance is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory) - Carly is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (Freddie) - Freddie appears on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy/Smart Guy/Full House) - Tahj guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Chris Geere (You're the Worst) - Chris discusses the upcoming season of You're the Worst on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Derek and Jean-Luc discuss Baby Daddy on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.