Friday, January 12, 2007
And of note, the biggest thing to come out of this TCA Tour I think is NBC Universal creating a new channel called Chiller, a 24-hour entertainment cable channel dedicated to the horror genre. It will launch March 1. Chiller will feature classic horror films and television shows around the clock. At launch, the programming slate will include the television series Friday the 13th, Twin Peaks, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Tales from the Crypt. We will certainly have the schedule when ready to be posted.
USA Network has announced its first new original series for 2007, In Plain Sight, starring Mary McCormack. A weekly one-hour light drama from NBC Universal Television Studio, In Plain Sight was picked up as a pilot with 11 additional episodes ordered.
Bravo has announced Queer Eye will end after 10 new episodes this season. Making it on the air for 5 seasons. Also at Bravo, Award-winning actress, designer and entrepreneur Jaclyn Smith has been named host of Bravo's newest reality competition series Shear Genius. It will premiere in the spring with 8 episodes. Bravo also announced a new docu-series following the unique and multi-faceted Paula Abdul, Hey Paula! (working title). The series will provide a candid real look at the American Idol judge, pop star, choreographer and multi-platinum artist, as she takes two steps forward, and two steps back into the spotlight, giving an inside perspective on her professional and personal life. Bravo has announced much more, but these are the main ones.
Sister net Sci-Fi Channel has also announced a slew of releases. The most notable one is Flash Gordon. Sci-Fi has greenlit production on Flash Gordon, based on the popular comic strip franchise. Production on the 22 one-hour episodes begins in Canada in early 2007. The series, produced by Reunion Pictures, is slated to debut on Sci-Fi in July of '07, with a broadcast syndication window to follow.
GSN's most notable announcement was a pick-up for a sixth season for the popular original game show Lingo, hosted by Chuck Woolery. The sixth season will premiere Monday, April 2 and will air Monday through Friday 7:30-8:00 PM, ET.
Women's network WE tv has greenlighted the new reality show Wife, Mom, Bounty Hunter. The series, slated for April, will profile Sandra Scott, a former female wrestler who is now a bounty hunter and a married mother of two in the suburbs of Phoenix.
Looks like that is all. If we have more updates we will add them ASAP. Stay tuned for the broadcast portion of the TCA Tour very shortly.
Struggling new sitcom The Class will give viewers a rare behind-the-scenes look at how the show is made. Next week, Warner Bros. TV will webcast live the table read and the run-through of an episode titled "The Class Springs a Leak," which is slated to air February 19.
The table read is slated for 2pm ET/11am PT Monday, and the run-through -- a full-episode rehearsal -- is scheduled for 4pm ET/1pm PT January 17. Both will be webcast on http://www.theclasstv.com.
The Class, which airs Mondays at 8:30 p.m. on CBS, revolves around eight 28-year-old former third-grade classmates. It is slated to run in originals for the next couple of months, completing its first (and last?) season March 5.
This is certainly cool news. If you are into the world of television and especially the sitcom, this is a cool way to learn how table reads are done and how properly the dress rehearsal goes. So, take your 'class' to The Class field trip if you have school. And if you don't have school, school yourself by learning something from the world of television. Fascinating stuff.
Posted by Pavan -- SitcomsOnline.com at 7:45 PM
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 4
Friday, September 4
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on the AOL Build Show and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Catch Miley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Keegan-Michael Key (Playing House/Gary Unmarried) - Keegan-Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on People Chatter.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy performs on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie will be on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show/Minor Adjustments) - Wendy appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed talks about his film Vacation on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri talks about Mr. Robinson on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle breaks down the hottest headlines of the day on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym tries out extreme-fitness dating, dog-park dating and paper-bag dating on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on People Now.