Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Yesterday we mentioned at least 10 Warner Bros. owned series coming to the i Network (AKA: PAX TV). Today we have learned that there will be at least a dozen series...in fact it is a little over a dozen. I don't know the remaining shows, Warner Bros./i network will not reveal those. At launch time this August, the 10 initial series mentioned will not all premiere. I'm guessing two or three will be left off the line-up for a later date. What about the time periods? Initially it looks like the i Network will air the classic series from 6 to 11 p.m. weekdays. I guess if the ratings are good they will finally cut back on paid programming, which airs 12am-6pm, and expand the hours. The Warner Bros. owned movies will air on weekends in primetime. They will release the launch schedule for these Warner Bros. shows in about two weeks (mid-July)--and we will be the first ones I'm sure letting you know. So, come on back...but also head on over to our message board where it seems this story has been the talk of the town!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 27
Last Man Standing - "The Marriage Doctor" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mike finds out future son-in-law Kyle fears meeting with the church’s new minister (guest star Bill Engvall), Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example. But a recent argument ends up sending them to the minister instead. Meanwhile, Ryan helps Eve with her assignment to debate from the opposite side of her politically conservative beliefs.
Dr. Ken - "Korean Men's Club" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken, at the insistence of Allison, reluctantly joins a civics-minded community group – but it may not be what it seems. Randall Park (“Fresh Off the Boat”) guest stars as Gary Chon, the leader of the Korean Men’s Club group.
Saturday, August 27
- Kathy Garver (Family Affair) - Kathy reunites with her former co-star Johnny Whitaker on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.