Tuesday, June 03, 2014
NBC has announced premiere dates for its fall 2014 schedule. Sunday Night Football launches its campaign on Thursday, Sept. 4 when the Green Bay Packers travel to the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Three days later on Sunday, Sept. 7, the Indianapolis Colts will play at the AFC champion Denver Broncos at 8:20pm ET/5:20pm PT. The game will be preceded by the season premiere of Football Night in America at 7pm ET/4pm PT. The Biggest Loser, in which contestants lose weight in the hope of restarting their lives, returns for its 16th season Thursday, Sept. 11 from 8-10pm ET/PT and will air two-hours for its first few weeks. The musical competition series The Voice, with coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani, begins its seventh season Monday, Sept. 22 from 8-10pm. The Blacklist returns for its second season Sept. 22 at 10pm following The Voice. Following a two-hour episode of The Voice on Tuesday, Sept. 23, Chicago Fire returns for its third season at 10pm. And The Voice will be two-hours on Tuesdays for its first few weeks. Wednesday, Sept. 24 marks the debut of the new Debra Messing series The Mysteries of Laura at 8pm. On that same night and back in their familiar Wednesday timeslots, Law & Order: SVU and star Mariska Hargitay, returns for an astonishing 16th season while Chicago P.D. comes back for its second season, both at 9 & 10pm respectively. NBC's beloved family drama Parenthood begins its sixth and final season Thursday, Sept. 25 at 10pm.
Venerable newsmagazine Dateline NBC makes its season premiere with a two-hour episode Friday, Sept. 26 from 9-11pm and will be two hours for its first month before moving to 8-9pm on Oct. 24. Comedy Bad Judge begins Thursday, Oct. 2 at 9pm with Kate Walsh starring. Following Bad Judge that night, A to Z makes its debut at 9:30pm. The comedy series stars Ben Feldman and Cristin Milioti. Also on the comedy front, Marry Me -- from Happy Endings executive producer David Caspe, launches Tuesday, Oct. 14 at 9pm. That is immediately followed by Jason Katims' second-year series About a Boy at 9:30pm. Fan favorite drama Grimm begins its fourth campaign Friday, Oct. 24 at 9pm and that will be immediately followed by new series Constantine at 10.
Finally, as previously mentioned, the highly touted drama State of Affairs will begin Monday, Nov. 17 at 10pm starring Katherine Heigl. As a reminder, The Blacklist will return to NBC's primetime lineup after Nov. 10 with a two-part episode beginning Sunday, Feb. 1 immediately following the Super Bowl. Part two will air Thursday, Feb. 5 at 9pm in its new regular midseason timeslot.
MeTV Network will run a special tribute to beloved actress Ann B. Davis this coming Sunday (June 8). On Sunday, June 8, the all classic television network will run four The Brady Bunch episodes in its normal block that feature story lines around Davis' character Alice during the regular MeTV Brady Bunch time period of 12:00-2:00pm ET/PT. It will be followed by an episode of The Love Boat that she guest starred in from 2:00-3:00pm ET/PT. View our tribute from yesterday. Please find the episode info below for the MeTV tribute to Ann B. Davis:
12-12:30pm: The Brady Bunch: "Alice's September Song"
Alice and Carol arrive home from shopping to find a phone message for Alice. It seems that an old boyfriend of Alice's, Mark Millard, is in town and begins to wine and dine her, unknown to her he has other intentions in mind. Meanwhile, Alice's nightly dates with Mark put a damper on her and Sam's relationship.
12:30-1pm: The Brady Bunch: "Sergeant Emma"
Alice has decided to take a well-deserved vacation, but feeling like she's deserting the Brady family, she calls in her cousin, Emma. The Bradys are in for a big surprise when she turns to household into an army barracks. The family soon plots to get rid of the power hungry pest by trying to get her to take a few days off.
1-1:30pm: The Brady Bunch: "Goodbye, Alice, Hello"
The kids begin to give Alice the cold shoulder treatment after she reveals that Greg and Peter broke an antique lamp of Carol's. The girls join the bandwagon when Alice innocently tells Carol that Marcia left the stereo on all night. Feeling unwanted and no longer needed, Alice quits.
1:30-2pm: The Brady Bunch: "The Elopement"
Marcia and Jan mistakenly overhear Sam and Alice discussing elopement and jump to the conclusion that Sam and Alice are secretly planning to elope. This leads the Brady family to start planning a wedding reception.
2-3pm: The Love Boat: "Invisible Maniac/September Song/Peekaboo"
Isaac finds himself in a precarious position when he meets a beautiful former school chum and her macho husband. Peggy Cass, here with Gordon Jump, play a middle-aged couple trying to swing a little. A model uses Isaac to make her husband jealous; an attorney wants to marry a colleague, who's afraid to make a commitment; a wife decides that a carefree attitude will save her marriage from possible boredom. Davis guest starred as Agnes.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.