Monday, June 09, 2014
Father's Day Father Knows Best Marathon on Antenna TV; 40 Years of Heroines on TV with 40th Anniversary of Police Woman
This Father's Day, Antenna TV will honor dad with "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" on Sunday, June 15, 2014 from 7am to 3am ET. This is the second consecutive year of the "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon. Antenna TV, which airs on 86 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 70% of TV households, will celebrate Father's Day with a 20-hour marathon of Father Knows Best starring Robert Young and Jane Wyatt, beginning at 7am ET. Last year it was a 17-hour fest, so this year we get three more hours of fatherly fun! Father Knows Best airs regularly on weekdays at 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET on Antenna TV. Here is the full "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon episodes:
7:00 AM Bud Takes Up the Dance
7:30 AM Football Tickets
8:00 AM Sparrow in the Window
8:30 AM Jim, the Farmer
9:00 AM The Mink Coat
9:30 AM Close Decision
10:00 AM First Disillusionment
10:30 AM Woman in the House
11:00 AM Advantage to Betty
11:30 AM The Big Test
12:00 PM Bud, the Lady Killer
12:30 PM Hero Father
1:00 PM Betty’s Graduation
1:30 PM The Homing Pigeon
2:00 PM Betty’s Birthday
2:30 PM Margaret Hires a Gardener
3:00 PM The Lawn Party
3:30 PM Short Wave
4:00 PM Betty and the Jet Pilot
4:30 PM Margaret Learns to Drive
5:00 PM Man with a Plan
5:30 PM Big Sister
6:00 PM Young Love
6:30 PM Tell it to Mom
7:00 PM Jim, the Answer Man
7:30 PM Vine Covered Cottage
8:00 PM Always Plan Ahead
8:30 PM Kathy’s Romance
9:00 PM Bud, the Caretaker
9:30 PM Margaret Wins a Car
10:00 PM The Great Experiment
10:30 PM Ideal Father
11:00 PM Man of Merit
11:30 PM Big Shot Dud
12:00 AM Bud Has a Problem
12:30 AM Bud Branches Out
1:00 AM Margaret’s Old Flame
1:30 AM Bud, the Spectacular
2:00 AM Bud Lives it Up
2:30 AM Not His Type
WE tv and The Paley Center for Media will present a first-ever panel showcasing four decades of crime drama heroines on television, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the iconic series Police Woman starring Angie Dickinson on June 19 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Featuring television stars from the 1970's through the upcoming premiere of WE tv's first scripted series, The Divide, the program will include Police Woman star Angie Dickinson, along with S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order), Emily Deschanel (Bones), Marin Ireland (The Divide), Tony Goldwyn (The Divide, Scandal), Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable, Without a Trace), Holly Robinson Peete (21 Jump Street) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation).
Police Woman, which cracked the top twenty in the Nielsen ratings in its first season and rose as high as number one in the weekly ratings, was the first successful hour-long American primetime drama series to feature a woman in the starring role. Dickinson (Sgt. Suzanne 'Pepper' Anderson) embraced a character who exuded sex appeal and brains in equal measure and though she never framed her role as part of the vanguard of modern feminism, the series' impact is felt to this day. Police Woman laid the groundwork for a host of crime dramas featuring strong female leads. As a tribute to the 40th anniversary of this maverick program, the Paley Center joins WE tv, whose series The Divide premieres this July, to present a special clip-filled conversation exploring the evolution of the crime drama heroine with this prestigious panel of TV groundbreakers. The Divide will debut with a special two-hour premiere on Wednesday, July 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT on WE tv. The eight-episode series is written by the Academy Award(R) and Emmy(R) nominated Richard LaGravenese (Behind the Candelabra), co-created by LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn and produced by AMC Studios.
'On The Beat: The Evolution of The Crime Drama Heroine' is open to the public. Further information and tickets to the event can be found at www.paleycenter.org. The event will be live streamed worldwide beginning at 7:15pm PT at www.PaleyCenter.org/Live.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.