Monday, June 09, 2014
Father's Day Father Knows Best Marathon on Antenna TV; 40 Years of Heroines on TV with 40th Anniversary of Police Woman
This Father's Day, Antenna TV will honor dad with "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" on Sunday, June 15, 2014 from 7am to 3am ET. This is the second consecutive year of the "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon. Antenna TV, which airs on 86 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 70% of TV households, will celebrate Father's Day with a 20-hour marathon of Father Knows Best starring Robert Young and Jane Wyatt, beginning at 7am ET. Last year it was a 17-hour fest, so this year we get three more hours of fatherly fun! Father Knows Best airs regularly on weekdays at 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET on Antenna TV. Here is the full "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon episodes:
7:00 AM Bud Takes Up the Dance
7:30 AM Football Tickets
8:00 AM Sparrow in the Window
8:30 AM Jim, the Farmer
9:00 AM The Mink Coat
9:30 AM Close Decision
10:00 AM First Disillusionment
10:30 AM Woman in the House
11:00 AM Advantage to Betty
11:30 AM The Big Test
12:00 PM Bud, the Lady Killer
12:30 PM Hero Father
1:00 PM Betty’s Graduation
1:30 PM The Homing Pigeon
2:00 PM Betty’s Birthday
2:30 PM Margaret Hires a Gardener
3:00 PM The Lawn Party
3:30 PM Short Wave
4:00 PM Betty and the Jet Pilot
4:30 PM Margaret Learns to Drive
5:00 PM Man with a Plan
5:30 PM Big Sister
6:00 PM Young Love
6:30 PM Tell it to Mom
7:00 PM Jim, the Answer Man
7:30 PM Vine Covered Cottage
8:00 PM Always Plan Ahead
8:30 PM Kathy’s Romance
9:00 PM Bud, the Caretaker
9:30 PM Margaret Wins a Car
10:00 PM The Great Experiment
10:30 PM Ideal Father
11:00 PM Man of Merit
11:30 PM Big Shot Dud
12:00 AM Bud Has a Problem
12:30 AM Bud Branches Out
1:00 AM Margaret’s Old Flame
1:30 AM Bud, the Spectacular
2:00 AM Bud Lives it Up
2:30 AM Not His Type
WE tv and The Paley Center for Media will present a first-ever panel showcasing four decades of crime drama heroines on television, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the iconic series Police Woman starring Angie Dickinson on June 19 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Featuring television stars from the 1970's through the upcoming premiere of WE tv's first scripted series, The Divide, the program will include Police Woman star Angie Dickinson, along with S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order), Emily Deschanel (Bones), Marin Ireland (The Divide), Tony Goldwyn (The Divide, Scandal), Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable, Without a Trace), Holly Robinson Peete (21 Jump Street) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation).
Police Woman, which cracked the top twenty in the Nielsen ratings in its first season and rose as high as number one in the weekly ratings, was the first successful hour-long American primetime drama series to feature a woman in the starring role. Dickinson (Sgt. Suzanne 'Pepper' Anderson) embraced a character who exuded sex appeal and brains in equal measure and though she never framed her role as part of the vanguard of modern feminism, the series' impact is felt to this day. Police Woman laid the groundwork for a host of crime dramas featuring strong female leads. As a tribute to the 40th anniversary of this maverick program, the Paley Center joins WE tv, whose series The Divide premieres this July, to present a special clip-filled conversation exploring the evolution of the crime drama heroine with this prestigious panel of TV groundbreakers. The Divide will debut with a special two-hour premiere on Wednesday, July 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT on WE tv. The eight-episode series is written by the Academy Award(R) and Emmy(R) nominated Richard LaGravenese (Behind the Candelabra), co-created by LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn and produced by AMC Studios.
'On The Beat: The Evolution of The Crime Drama Heroine' is open to the public. Further information and tickets to the event can be found at www.paleycenter.org. The event will be live streamed worldwide beginning at 7:15pm PT at www.PaleyCenter.org/Live.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.