Monday, June 09, 2014
Father's Day Father Knows Best Marathon on Antenna TV; 40 Years of Heroines on TV with 40th Anniversary of Police Woman
This Father's Day, Antenna TV will honor dad with "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" on Sunday, June 15, 2014 from 7am to 3am ET. This is the second consecutive year of the "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon. Antenna TV, which airs on 86 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 70% of TV households, will celebrate Father's Day with a 20-hour marathon of Father Knows Best starring Robert Young and Jane Wyatt, beginning at 7am ET. Last year it was a 17-hour fest, so this year we get three more hours of fatherly fun! Father Knows Best airs regularly on weekdays at 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET on Antenna TV. Here is the full "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon episodes:
7:00 AM Bud Takes Up the Dance
7:30 AM Football Tickets
8:00 AM Sparrow in the Window
8:30 AM Jim, the Farmer
9:00 AM The Mink Coat
9:30 AM Close Decision
10:00 AM First Disillusionment
10:30 AM Woman in the House
11:00 AM Advantage to Betty
11:30 AM The Big Test
12:00 PM Bud, the Lady Killer
12:30 PM Hero Father
1:00 PM Betty’s Graduation
1:30 PM The Homing Pigeon
2:00 PM Betty’s Birthday
2:30 PM Margaret Hires a Gardener
3:00 PM The Lawn Party
3:30 PM Short Wave
4:00 PM Betty and the Jet Pilot
4:30 PM Margaret Learns to Drive
5:00 PM Man with a Plan
5:30 PM Big Sister
6:00 PM Young Love
6:30 PM Tell it to Mom
7:00 PM Jim, the Answer Man
7:30 PM Vine Covered Cottage
8:00 PM Always Plan Ahead
8:30 PM Kathy’s Romance
9:00 PM Bud, the Caretaker
9:30 PM Margaret Wins a Car
10:00 PM The Great Experiment
10:30 PM Ideal Father
11:00 PM Man of Merit
11:30 PM Big Shot Dud
12:00 AM Bud Has a Problem
12:30 AM Bud Branches Out
1:00 AM Margaret’s Old Flame
1:30 AM Bud, the Spectacular
2:00 AM Bud Lives it Up
2:30 AM Not His Type
WE tv and The Paley Center for Media will present a first-ever panel showcasing four decades of crime drama heroines on television, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the iconic series Police Woman starring Angie Dickinson on June 19 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Featuring television stars from the 1970's through the upcoming premiere of WE tv's first scripted series, The Divide, the program will include Police Woman star Angie Dickinson, along with S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order), Emily Deschanel (Bones), Marin Ireland (The Divide), Tony Goldwyn (The Divide, Scandal), Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable, Without a Trace), Holly Robinson Peete (21 Jump Street) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation).
Police Woman, which cracked the top twenty in the Nielsen ratings in its first season and rose as high as number one in the weekly ratings, was the first successful hour-long American primetime drama series to feature a woman in the starring role. Dickinson (Sgt. Suzanne 'Pepper' Anderson) embraced a character who exuded sex appeal and brains in equal measure and though she never framed her role as part of the vanguard of modern feminism, the series' impact is felt to this day. Police Woman laid the groundwork for a host of crime dramas featuring strong female leads. As a tribute to the 40th anniversary of this maverick program, the Paley Center joins WE tv, whose series The Divide premieres this July, to present a special clip-filled conversation exploring the evolution of the crime drama heroine with this prestigious panel of TV groundbreakers. The Divide will debut with a special two-hour premiere on Wednesday, July 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT on WE tv. The eight-episode series is written by the Academy Award(R) and Emmy(R) nominated Richard LaGravenese (Behind the Candelabra), co-created by LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn and produced by AMC Studios.
'On The Beat: The Evolution of The Crime Drama Heroine' is open to the public. Further information and tickets to the event can be found at www.paleycenter.org. The event will be live streamed worldwide beginning at 7:15pm PT at www.PaleyCenter.org/Live.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.