Monday, June 09, 2014
Father's Day Father Knows Best Marathon on Antenna TV; 40 Years of Heroines on TV with 40th Anniversary of Police Woman
This Father's Day, Antenna TV will honor dad with "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" on Sunday, June 15, 2014 from 7am to 3am ET. This is the second consecutive year of the "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon. Antenna TV, which airs on 86 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 70% of TV households, will celebrate Father's Day with a 20-hour marathon of Father Knows Best starring Robert Young and Jane Wyatt, beginning at 7am ET. Last year it was a 17-hour fest, so this year we get three more hours of fatherly fun! Father Knows Best airs regularly on weekdays at 3:00pm & 3:30pm ET on Antenna TV. Here is the full "Father's Day Fest with Father Knows Best" marathon episodes:
7:00 AM Bud Takes Up the Dance
7:30 AM Football Tickets
8:00 AM Sparrow in the Window
8:30 AM Jim, the Farmer
9:00 AM The Mink Coat
9:30 AM Close Decision
10:00 AM First Disillusionment
10:30 AM Woman in the House
11:00 AM Advantage to Betty
11:30 AM The Big Test
12:00 PM Bud, the Lady Killer
12:30 PM Hero Father
1:00 PM Betty’s Graduation
1:30 PM The Homing Pigeon
2:00 PM Betty’s Birthday
2:30 PM Margaret Hires a Gardener
3:00 PM The Lawn Party
3:30 PM Short Wave
4:00 PM Betty and the Jet Pilot
4:30 PM Margaret Learns to Drive
5:00 PM Man with a Plan
5:30 PM Big Sister
6:00 PM Young Love
6:30 PM Tell it to Mom
7:00 PM Jim, the Answer Man
7:30 PM Vine Covered Cottage
8:00 PM Always Plan Ahead
8:30 PM Kathy’s Romance
9:00 PM Bud, the Caretaker
9:30 PM Margaret Wins a Car
10:00 PM The Great Experiment
10:30 PM Ideal Father
11:00 PM Man of Merit
11:30 PM Big Shot Dud
12:00 AM Bud Has a Problem
12:30 AM Bud Branches Out
1:00 AM Margaret’s Old Flame
1:30 AM Bud, the Spectacular
2:00 AM Bud Lives it Up
2:30 AM Not His Type
WE tv and The Paley Center for Media will present a first-ever panel showcasing four decades of crime drama heroines on television, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the iconic series Police Woman starring Angie Dickinson on June 19 at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Featuring television stars from the 1970's through the upcoming premiere of WE tv's first scripted series, The Divide, the program will include Police Woman star Angie Dickinson, along with S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order), Emily Deschanel (Bones), Marin Ireland (The Divide), Tony Goldwyn (The Divide, Scandal), Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable, Without a Trace), Holly Robinson Peete (21 Jump Street) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation).
Police Woman, which cracked the top twenty in the Nielsen ratings in its first season and rose as high as number one in the weekly ratings, was the first successful hour-long American primetime drama series to feature a woman in the starring role. Dickinson (Sgt. Suzanne 'Pepper' Anderson) embraced a character who exuded sex appeal and brains in equal measure and though she never framed her role as part of the vanguard of modern feminism, the series' impact is felt to this day. Police Woman laid the groundwork for a host of crime dramas featuring strong female leads. As a tribute to the 40th anniversary of this maverick program, the Paley Center joins WE tv, whose series The Divide premieres this July, to present a special clip-filled conversation exploring the evolution of the crime drama heroine with this prestigious panel of TV groundbreakers. The Divide will debut with a special two-hour premiere on Wednesday, July 16, at 9:00pm ET/PT on WE tv. The eight-episode series is written by the Academy Award(R) and Emmy(R) nominated Richard LaGravenese (Behind the Candelabra), co-created by LaGravenese and Tony Goldwyn and produced by AMC Studios.
'On The Beat: The Evolution of The Crime Drama Heroine' is open to the public. Further information and tickets to the event can be found at www.paleycenter.org. The event will be live streamed worldwide beginning at 7:15pm PT at www.PaleyCenter.org/Live.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.