Wednesday, June 04, 2014
ABC Family Shifts Boy Meets World to Evenings, The Middle to Mornings; Where Are They Now: The Love Boat and Dave Coulier from Full House
ABC Family will be making some scheduling maneuvers starting Monday (June 9). That '70s Show will be off the line-up as Boy Meets World will air 7-8:30am. The Middle will be moving to mornings now and will air Mon–Fri 8:30am & 9am, as Still Standing is now off the schedule again. The Middle's second hour will now be Mon–Fri from 1-2pm, replacing an hour of Reba, which will move to 3-4pm instead of Boy Meets World. Not to worry, because the 2pm hour of Reba will still be on the schedule. And the biggest move is Boy Meets World will now also air from 5-6pm replacing The Middle. This means Boy Meets World will now air from 7-8:30am and 4-6pm. No word on why the last minute changes, but perhaps ABC Family is getting ready to promote sister network Disney Channel's upcoming series Girl Meets World by airing Boy Meets World at a later time. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, including 8 Simple Rules at 12 noon. Keep it right here for continued updates.
On Sunday, June 8 at 9|8c viewers will have the chance to catch up with some of their favorite television icons when Oprah: Where Are They Now? sits down with the cast of The Love Boat and Full House actor and comedian, Dave Coulier. In exciting new interviews, these stars will talk about the work they are most famous for and they will give all the latest updates on their careers and personal lives. The all-new season kicks off with compelling updates from the stars of the '70s hit television show The Love Boat, Ted Lange, Cynthia Lauren Tewes and Jill Whelan, as they reunite and reminisce about life aboard The Pacific Princess. Then, in a rare interview at her Beverly Hills home, the one and only Latin music sensation Charo shares the secrets of her success and sets the record straight about the real meaning of her multimillion-dollar catchphrase "Cuchi-Cuchi." Next, Dave Coulier charmed millions as the goofy and loveable Uncle Joey on the popular sitcom Full House. Now, he reveals his real-life relationships with former co-stars Bob Saget and John Stamos, the priceless advice Jay Leno gave him about standup comedy, and the truth about those Alanis Morissette rumors. Plus, actor D.B. Sweeney, best known for his role in the '90s classic film Cutting Edge, talks about why he left Hollywood and how he ended up on OWN! Tune in this Sunday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.