Wednesday, June 04, 2014
ABC Family Shifts Boy Meets World to Evenings, The Middle to Mornings; Where Are They Now: The Love Boat and Dave Coulier from Full House
ABC Family will be making some scheduling maneuvers starting Monday (June 9). That '70s Show will be off the line-up as Boy Meets World will air 7-8:30am. The Middle will be moving to mornings now and will air Mon–Fri 8:30am & 9am, as Still Standing is now off the schedule again. The Middle's second hour will now be Mon–Fri from 1-2pm, replacing an hour of Reba, which will move to 3-4pm instead of Boy Meets World. Not to worry, because the 2pm hour of Reba will still be on the schedule. And the biggest move is Boy Meets World will now also air from 5-6pm replacing The Middle. This means Boy Meets World will now air from 7-8:30am and 4-6pm. No word on why the last minute changes, but perhaps ABC Family is getting ready to promote sister network Disney Channel's upcoming series Girl Meets World by airing Boy Meets World at a later time. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, including 8 Simple Rules at 12 noon. Keep it right here for continued updates.
On Sunday, June 8 at 9|8c viewers will have the chance to catch up with some of their favorite television icons when Oprah: Where Are They Now? sits down with the cast of The Love Boat and Full House actor and comedian, Dave Coulier. In exciting new interviews, these stars will talk about the work they are most famous for and they will give all the latest updates on their careers and personal lives. The all-new season kicks off with compelling updates from the stars of the '70s hit television show The Love Boat, Ted Lange, Cynthia Lauren Tewes and Jill Whelan, as they reunite and reminisce about life aboard The Pacific Princess. Then, in a rare interview at her Beverly Hills home, the one and only Latin music sensation Charo shares the secrets of her success and sets the record straight about the real meaning of her multimillion-dollar catchphrase "Cuchi-Cuchi." Next, Dave Coulier charmed millions as the goofy and loveable Uncle Joey on the popular sitcom Full House. Now, he reveals his real-life relationships with former co-stars Bob Saget and John Stamos, the priceless advice Jay Leno gave him about standup comedy, and the truth about those Alanis Morissette rumors. Plus, actor D.B. Sweeney, best known for his role in the '90s classic film Cutting Edge, talks about why he left Hollywood and how he ended up on OWN! Tune in this Sunday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.