Wednesday, June 04, 2014
ABC Family Shifts Boy Meets World to Evenings, The Middle to Mornings; Where Are They Now: The Love Boat and Dave Coulier from Full House
ABC Family will be making some scheduling maneuvers starting Monday (June 9). That '70s Show will be off the line-up as Boy Meets World will air 7-8:30am. The Middle will be moving to mornings now and will air Mon–Fri 8:30am & 9am, as Still Standing is now off the schedule again. The Middle's second hour will now be Mon–Fri from 1-2pm, replacing an hour of Reba, which will move to 3-4pm instead of Boy Meets World. Not to worry, because the 2pm hour of Reba will still be on the schedule. And the biggest move is Boy Meets World will now also air from 5-6pm replacing The Middle. This means Boy Meets World will now air from 7-8:30am and 4-6pm. No word on why the last minute changes, but perhaps ABC Family is getting ready to promote sister network Disney Channel's upcoming series Girl Meets World by airing Boy Meets World at a later time. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, including 8 Simple Rules at 12 noon. Keep it right here for continued updates.
On Sunday, June 8 at 9|8c viewers will have the chance to catch up with some of their favorite television icons when Oprah: Where Are They Now? sits down with the cast of The Love Boat and Full House actor and comedian, Dave Coulier. In exciting new interviews, these stars will talk about the work they are most famous for and they will give all the latest updates on their careers and personal lives. The all-new season kicks off with compelling updates from the stars of the '70s hit television show The Love Boat, Ted Lange, Cynthia Lauren Tewes and Jill Whelan, as they reunite and reminisce about life aboard The Pacific Princess. Then, in a rare interview at her Beverly Hills home, the one and only Latin music sensation Charo shares the secrets of her success and sets the record straight about the real meaning of her multimillion-dollar catchphrase "Cuchi-Cuchi." Next, Dave Coulier charmed millions as the goofy and loveable Uncle Joey on the popular sitcom Full House. Now, he reveals his real-life relationships with former co-stars Bob Saget and John Stamos, the priceless advice Jay Leno gave him about standup comedy, and the truth about those Alanis Morissette rumors. Plus, actor D.B. Sweeney, best known for his role in the '90s classic film Cutting Edge, talks about why he left Hollywood and how he ended up on OWN! Tune in this Sunday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.