Wednesday, June 04, 2014
ABC Family Shifts Boy Meets World to Evenings, The Middle to Mornings; Where Are They Now: The Love Boat and Dave Coulier from Full House
ABC Family will be making some scheduling maneuvers starting Monday (June 9). That '70s Show will be off the line-up as Boy Meets World will air 7-8:30am. The Middle will be moving to mornings now and will air Mon–Fri 8:30am & 9am, as Still Standing is now off the schedule again. The Middle's second hour will now be Mon–Fri from 1-2pm, replacing an hour of Reba, which will move to 3-4pm instead of Boy Meets World. Not to worry, because the 2pm hour of Reba will still be on the schedule. And the biggest move is Boy Meets World will now also air from 5-6pm replacing The Middle. This means Boy Meets World will now air from 7-8:30am and 4-6pm. No word on why the last minute changes, but perhaps ABC Family is getting ready to promote sister network Disney Channel's upcoming series Girl Meets World by airing Boy Meets World at a later time. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, including 8 Simple Rules at 12 noon. Keep it right here for continued updates.
On Sunday, June 8 at 9|8c viewers will have the chance to catch up with some of their favorite television icons when Oprah: Where Are They Now? sits down with the cast of The Love Boat and Full House actor and comedian, Dave Coulier. In exciting new interviews, these stars will talk about the work they are most famous for and they will give all the latest updates on their careers and personal lives. The all-new season kicks off with compelling updates from the stars of the '70s hit television show The Love Boat, Ted Lange, Cynthia Lauren Tewes and Jill Whelan, as they reunite and reminisce about life aboard The Pacific Princess. Then, in a rare interview at her Beverly Hills home, the one and only Latin music sensation Charo shares the secrets of her success and sets the record straight about the real meaning of her multimillion-dollar catchphrase "Cuchi-Cuchi." Next, Dave Coulier charmed millions as the goofy and loveable Uncle Joey on the popular sitcom Full House. Now, he reveals his real-life relationships with former co-stars Bob Saget and John Stamos, the priceless advice Jay Leno gave him about standup comedy, and the truth about those Alanis Morissette rumors. Plus, actor D.B. Sweeney, best known for his role in the '90s classic film Cutting Edge, talks about why he left Hollywood and how he ended up on OWN! Tune in this Sunday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.