Wednesday, February 19, 2014
New COZI TV Schedule Starts Feb. 24 with Make Room for Daddy; Remembering Mary Grace Canfield of Green Acres
Starting Monday, February 24, COZI TV is giving you more of what COZI TV superfans love most, plus other shows you've been asking to see! Say hello to The Avengers, Maverick, The Real McCoys, Make Room For Daddy, and more. Tune in weekdays for a special midday mystery wheel from 3-4:30P, with COZI TV favorites McMillan & Wife, Banacek, McCloud and Name of the Game. And you wanted it, you got it -- MORE Magnum P.I., daytime and primetime, with daytime being added weekdays at 2pm (in addition to its Thursday prime block). Plus more shows are coming as we mentioned that Starsky & Hutch, Knight Rider and Hart to Hart begins this summer. It has been a great first year for COZI TV and they thank their superfans. The new weekday daytime schedule will have the following changes: 9:30AM The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 11AM Maverick, 1PM The Avengers, 2PM Magnum P.I., 3PM Midday Mystery Wheel, 4:30 Make Room For Daddy and 6PM The Real McCoys. We will have more on their summer slate in the coming months, but expect marathons in May and June for Mother's Day and Father's Day and launch marathons for the three new series we mentioned for summer.
Character actress Mary Grace Canfield, who was best known for her recurring role as Ralph Monroe in Green Acres, has died. She died from lung cancer on February 15 in Santa Barbara, California. Ms. Canfield was 89.
Canfield appeared as Ralph Monroe in more than forty episodes of Green Acres, which ran on CBS for six seasons from 1965-1971. Ralph and her brother, Alf (Sid Melton), were quarrelsome carpenters hired to rebuild the Douglas' house and barn. Her signature greeting to fellow Hootervillians was "Howdie Doodie!" In 1990, she reprised her role in the TV movie Return to Green Acres.
Her first television appearance was in March 1954 on Goodyear Playhouse. She had a recurring role as a housekeeper, Amanda Allison, in the 1961-1962 ABC sitcom The Hathaways. She appeared as Mrs. Hanley in two episodes of Family in 1976. Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included Hazel, The Joey Bishop Show, The Andy Griffith Show, The Farmer's Daughter, Bewitched (four episodes as Abner Kravitz's sister, Harriet), Love, American Style, The Love Boat, Tabitha, Alice and The Jackie Thomas Show. Her other television credits included Thriller, The Eleventh Hour, Adam-12 and General Hospital.
Survivors include John Bischof, her husband of 25 years; daughters Phoebe Alexiades and Alison Carey; and three grandsons. It's sad that we've lost another member of the Hooterville family. The Monroe Brothers were a very funny duo. We thank her for the laughs she brought us. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.