Wednesday, February 19, 2014
New COZI TV Schedule Starts Feb. 24 with Make Room for Daddy; Remembering Mary Grace Canfield of Green Acres
Starting Monday, February 24, COZI TV is giving you more of what COZI TV superfans love most, plus other shows you've been asking to see! Say hello to The Avengers, Maverick, The Real McCoys, Make Room For Daddy, and more. Tune in weekdays for a special midday mystery wheel from 3-4:30P, with COZI TV favorites McMillan & Wife, Banacek, McCloud and Name of the Game. And you wanted it, you got it -- MORE Magnum P.I., daytime and primetime, with daytime being added weekdays at 2pm (in addition to its Thursday prime block). Plus more shows are coming as we mentioned that Starsky & Hutch, Knight Rider and Hart to Hart begins this summer. It has been a great first year for COZI TV and they thank their superfans. The new weekday daytime schedule will have the following changes: 9:30AM The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 11AM Maverick, 1PM The Avengers, 2PM Magnum P.I., 3PM Midday Mystery Wheel, 4:30 Make Room For Daddy and 6PM The Real McCoys. We will have more on their summer slate in the coming months, but expect marathons in May and June for Mother's Day and Father's Day and launch marathons for the three new series we mentioned for summer.
Character actress Mary Grace Canfield, who was best known for her recurring role as Ralph Monroe in Green Acres, has died. She died from lung cancer on February 15 in Santa Barbara, California. Ms. Canfield was 89.
Canfield appeared as Ralph Monroe in more than forty episodes of Green Acres, which ran on CBS for six seasons from 1965-1971. Ralph and her brother, Alf (Sid Melton), were quarrelsome carpenters hired to rebuild the Douglas' house and barn. Her signature greeting to fellow Hootervillians was "Howdie Doodie!" In 1990, she reprised her role in the TV movie Return to Green Acres.
Her first television appearance was in March 1954 on Goodyear Playhouse. She had a recurring role as a housekeeper, Amanda Allison, in the 1961-1962 ABC sitcom The Hathaways. She appeared as Mrs. Hanley in two episodes of Family in 1976. Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included Hazel, The Joey Bishop Show, The Andy Griffith Show, The Farmer's Daughter, Bewitched (four episodes as Abner Kravitz's sister, Harriet), Love, American Style, The Love Boat, Tabitha, Alice and The Jackie Thomas Show. Her other television credits included Thriller, The Eleventh Hour, Adam-12 and General Hospital.
Survivors include John Bischof, her husband of 25 years; daughters Phoebe Alexiades and Alison Carey; and three grandsons. It's sad that we've lost another member of the Hooterville family. The Monroe Brothers were a very funny duo. We thank her for the laughs she brought us. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.