Wednesday, February 19, 2014
New COZI TV Schedule Starts Feb. 24 with Make Room for Daddy; Remembering Mary Grace Canfield of Green Acres
Starting Monday, February 24, COZI TV is giving you more of what COZI TV superfans love most, plus other shows you've been asking to see! Say hello to The Avengers, Maverick, The Real McCoys, Make Room For Daddy, and more. Tune in weekdays for a special midday mystery wheel from 3-4:30P, with COZI TV favorites McMillan & Wife, Banacek, McCloud and Name of the Game. And you wanted it, you got it -- MORE Magnum P.I., daytime and primetime, with daytime being added weekdays at 2pm (in addition to its Thursday prime block). Plus more shows are coming as we mentioned that Starsky & Hutch, Knight Rider and Hart to Hart begins this summer. It has been a great first year for COZI TV and they thank their superfans. The new weekday daytime schedule will have the following changes: 9:30AM The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 11AM Maverick, 1PM The Avengers, 2PM Magnum P.I., 3PM Midday Mystery Wheel, 4:30 Make Room For Daddy and 6PM The Real McCoys. We will have more on their summer slate in the coming months, but expect marathons in May and June for Mother's Day and Father's Day and launch marathons for the three new series we mentioned for summer.
Character actress Mary Grace Canfield, who was best known for her recurring role as Ralph Monroe in Green Acres, has died. She died from lung cancer on February 15 in Santa Barbara, California. Ms. Canfield was 89.
Canfield appeared as Ralph Monroe in more than forty episodes of Green Acres, which ran on CBS for six seasons from 1965-1971. Ralph and her brother, Alf (Sid Melton), were quarrelsome carpenters hired to rebuild the Douglas' house and barn. Her signature greeting to fellow Hootervillians was "Howdie Doodie!" In 1990, she reprised her role in the TV movie Return to Green Acres.
Her first television appearance was in March 1954 on Goodyear Playhouse. She had a recurring role as a housekeeper, Amanda Allison, in the 1961-1962 ABC sitcom The Hathaways. She appeared as Mrs. Hanley in two episodes of Family in 1976. Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included Hazel, The Joey Bishop Show, The Andy Griffith Show, The Farmer's Daughter, Bewitched (four episodes as Abner Kravitz's sister, Harriet), Love, American Style, The Love Boat, Tabitha, Alice and The Jackie Thomas Show. Her other television credits included Thriller, The Eleventh Hour, Adam-12 and General Hospital.
Survivors include John Bischof, her husband of 25 years; daughters Phoebe Alexiades and Alison Carey; and three grandsons. It's sad that we've lost another member of the Hooterville family. The Monroe Brothers were a very funny duo. We thank her for the laughs she brought us. She will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.