Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Breaking the mold of a typical pre-launch promotion, the cast and creators of NBC's upcoming multi-camera comedy series Undateable are hitting the road on a multi-city, cross-country comedy tour. Led by the show's co-creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Spin City, Cougar Town), series stars Chris D'Elia, Brent Morin, Ron Funches and Rick Glassman - all stand-up comedians - will bring the Undateable comedy tour to venues across the country. Each performance will showcase a stand-up set from each of the actors with Bill Lawrence serving as host. This tour will give audiences a sneak peak of the comedic humor that viewers can expect when Undateable premieres later this year on NBC. A premiere date is still to come, so stay tuned on that. A list of confirmed first-leg tour dates are released. For information on venues, additional dates or to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.nbc.com/undateable/comedy-tour. The first stop will be on Sunday, March 2, 2014 in New York City at Carolines On Broadway. As for the series itself, it is a new comedy series about a group of friends who are thisclose to finding a relationship - they just need a little help.
ION Television announced an agreement to produce new original episodes of the procedural drama The Listener. ION joins Shaftesbury, CTV and Fox International as co-producers on the drama, which started production on 13 new original episodes earlier this year. The agreement makes ION the exclusive original U.S. television network for current and future seasons of the series. The Listener joins ION's portfolio of acclaimed dramas, including Criminal Minds, Without a Trace Cold Case, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Burn Notice, Psych and Leverage. This announcement comes on the heels of ION's recent acquisition of the high profile drama Blue Bloods from CBS, which will be joining the ION schedule this fall. The Listener is the latest scripted ION Television original and joins the network following the success of the original series, Flashpoint, along with ION's made-for-TV original movies. Starring Craig Olejnik, The Listener centers on mind-reading police consultant Toby Logan, who uses his telepathic ability to help a special law enforcement unit solve the most complicated cases. Having kept his unique power hidden for years, Toby learns to harness his skill to help others and save lives. The series also stars Ennis Esmer as Oz Bey; Lauren Lee Smith as Sergeant Michelle McCluskey; Rainbow Sun Francks as Corporal Dev Clark; Peter Stebbings as Alvin Klein; Tara Spencer-Nairn as Sandy; and Mylène Dinh-Robic as Olivia Fawcett.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.