Thursday, November 14, 2013
Well that didn't last long. TV Land has quickly pulled 30 Rock from its line-up. The comedy was airing every night at 11pm and 2am for the last two weeks, but as of this week the series has been totally pulled from the line-up. Everybody Loves Raymond is now airing instead at 11pm, while Roseanne is back in the weeknight late night line-up from 2:30am-3:30am, shifting The Exes encores to 2am. And that's not all. Friends has been removed from the line-up as well. The ensemble comedy was airing 10-11pm, but more Everybody Loves Raymond will air instead. As a result of that change, Friends is back to two hours a night on sister network Nick at Nite airings from 11pm-1am, bumping new addition Old Christine to 2-3am. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when 30 Rock returns. As for Friends, they'll be there for you still on Nick at Nite.
Four-time Emmy(R) nominee Matthew Perry is set to reunite with Friends co-star Courteney Cox this winter in an episode of the TBS's hit comedy Cougar Town. The series, which also stars Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins and Brian Van Holt, centers on a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life. Details about Perry's role will be announced soon. TBS is set to launch the fifth season of Cougar Town on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 10pm (ET/PT). This is the second time the duo will reunite. Perry most recently starred in the NBC comedy series Go On, in which Cox made a guest appearance this past March. Perry will be the third Friends star to appear on the series opposite Cox. Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston each appeared separately in the past. Cougar Town joined TBS's original comedy lineup in January 2013 for the show's fourth season, averaging 2.6 million viewers and 1.7 million adults 18-49 in Live + 7 delivery. The series was co-created by executive producer Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, TBS's Ground Floor) and consulting producer Kevin Biegel (Scrubs). Cougar Town is produced by ABC Studios, with Lawrence, Cox, David Arquette and showrunner Blake McCormick serving as executive producers.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.