Thursday, November 14, 2013
Well that didn't last long. TV Land has quickly pulled 30 Rock from its line-up. The comedy was airing every night at 11pm and 2am for the last two weeks, but as of this week the series has been totally pulled from the line-up. Everybody Loves Raymond is now airing instead at 11pm, while Roseanne is back in the weeknight late night line-up from 2:30am-3:30am, shifting The Exes encores to 2am. And that's not all. Friends has been removed from the line-up as well. The ensemble comedy was airing 10-11pm, but more Everybody Loves Raymond will air instead. As a result of that change, Friends is back to two hours a night on sister network Nick at Nite airings from 11pm-1am, bumping new addition Old Christine to 2-3am. Stay with us for continued updates, if and when 30 Rock returns. As for Friends, they'll be there for you still on Nick at Nite.
Four-time Emmy(R) nominee Matthew Perry is set to reunite with Friends co-star Courteney Cox this winter in an episode of the TBS's hit comedy Cougar Town. The series, which also stars Christa Miller, Busy Philipps, Dan Byrd, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins and Brian Van Holt, centers on a tight-knit group of friends who keep things funny while supporting each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life. Details about Perry's role will be announced soon. TBS is set to launch the fifth season of Cougar Town on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 10pm (ET/PT). This is the second time the duo will reunite. Perry most recently starred in the NBC comedy series Go On, in which Cox made a guest appearance this past March. Perry will be the third Friends star to appear on the series opposite Cox. Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston each appeared separately in the past. Cougar Town joined TBS's original comedy lineup in January 2013 for the show's fourth season, averaging 2.6 million viewers and 1.7 million adults 18-49 in Live + 7 delivery. The series was co-created by executive producer Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, TBS's Ground Floor) and consulting producer Kevin Biegel (Scrubs). Cougar Town is produced by ABC Studios, with Lawrence, Cox, David Arquette and showrunner Blake McCormick serving as executive producers.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.