Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Nick at Nite's See Dad Run and Instant Mom Gaining in Ratings; CBS Mid-Season Show Premiere Date Change
Nick at Nite's original Sunday night lineup continues to post gains in the ratings: See Dad Run (Nov. 10 at 8p.m.) drew 1.2M total viewers and posted double-digit increases with Adults 18-49 (0.3 rtg/328K, +11% in delivery), Kids 2-11 (1.7 rtg/547K, +21%) and Kids 6-11 (2.1 rtg/416K, +17%). Instant Mom (8:30 p.m. ET) posted +50% delivery gains with Adults 18-49 (0.3 rtg/292K) and grew its ratings double digits with Kids 6-11 (1.6 rtg/307K, +14%). Comparing it to the previous week...See Dad Run (Nov. 3 at 8p.m.) drew 1.4M total viewers and posted double-digit increases with Adults 18-49 (0.4 rtg/466K, +33%), Kids 2-11 (2.0 rtg/657K, +54%) and Kids 6-11 (2.0 rtg/402K, +25%). Instant Mom (8:30 p.m. ET) averaged 1.3M total viewers and posted +14% delivery gains with Adults 18-49 (0.4 rtg/449K), a +50% gain in rating among Women 18-49 (0.6 etg/338K) and grew its ratings triple digits with Kids 2-11 (1.8 rtg/579K, +125%) and Kids 6-11 (1.9 rtg/383K, +111%). See Dad Run features David Hobbs (Scott Baio) who has spent the last decade playing the perfect father on one of TV's biggest sitcoms. But when the series ends and his wife resumes her own television career, he finds himself cast in his most challenging role to date: handling the day-to-day needs of three kids who've grown accustomed to not having him around. David soon learns that playing a dad on TV is child's play compared to the real thing. Instant Mom is a multi-camera, scripted half-hour series features Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. Sheryl Lee Ralph also stars as Stephanie's mother Maggie, and rounding out the cast are Charlie's three kids played by Sydney Park, Tylen Williams and Damarr Calhoun.
CBS announced the new premiere date for the action thriller Intelligence, which will have a special preview on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT following an original episode of NCIS. It will then premiere and move to its regular Monday at 10:00PM ET/PT time period starting on Jan. 13. Intelligence stars Josh Holloway as a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel is the first human ever to be connected directly into the global information grid. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. In her highly anticipated return to network television, Marg Helgenberger stars as Lillian Strand, the Director of the elite government cyber-security agency who supports Gabriel and oversees the unit's missions. Strand assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol. The current Monday at 10pm series is Hostages but that series has struggled mightily in the ratings. Hostages will finish its 15 episode season with a special two-hour season finale on Monday, Jan. 6 from 9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.