Monday, November 04, 2013
Brady Bunch Returns to TV Land; ABC Picks Up Full Seasons of The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, But Not Back in the Game
TV Land has picked-up the rights to air The Brady Bunch. It was so last minute that they already started airing it this past weekend (Nov. 2-3). The sitcom will air every weekend on TV Land in block timeslots. The series hasn't aired on the network since 2010 when they lost rights, but now they bought it again! TV Land will air the groovy '70s comedy every Saturday morning from 9am-12pm and early Sunday mornings from 5am-9am. Also, TV Land will air multiple-part episodes and memorable episodes in a Sunday block from 3-6pm, such as the Bradys going to Hawaii, which aired yesterday. Next Sunday in that block, it will feature the Bradys going to the Grand Canyon and the classic Marcia episode where she gets hit in the nose by a football. "Oh my nose!" So, come hang out with the Brady family again on TV Land - Carol, Mike, Greg, Marcia, Jan, Peter, Cindy, Bobby and of course Alice the housekeeper!
ABC has announced that they have picked-up the "back nine" for two of its freshman comedies - The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife, which both air on Tuesday nights and air back-to-back at 9 & 9:30pm. Both comedies have gotten solid buzz and reception and have been consistent in the ratings in recent weeks. Now we will have a full 22 episode season for both of these comedies! As for the two new Wednesday freshman comedies, it's not as good news but Super Fun Night starring Rebel Wilson did get four additional episodes ordered, so it will have 17 episodes this season, as of now. The comedy airs at 9:30pm following top comedy Modern Family. And while additional episodes were ordered for the three freshman comedies, the fourth one didn't have such good news. Back in the Game starring James Caan and Maggie Grace will not go beyond its 13-episode season, meaning it will be 13 and out. ABC will continue to air the series though. Seven episodes are left to air. ABC should be done with its order by the end of January. It's somewhat surprising news that they decided this quickly, since the series wasn't a bomb in the ratings. One factor is DVR ratings and this series didn't receive much of a bump as the other three comedies. Come mid-season, ABC has returning comedy Suburgatory waiting on deck as well as new comedy Mixology. The latter could be used with Super Fun Night, should ABC move that comedy to another timeslot. Perhaps Trophy Wife might be used on Wednesdays come mid-season, but that's just a guess. Suburgatory could be an option on Wednesdays again. We should know in the next few weeks when ABC announces its plan for January. Stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.