Thursday, October 24, 2013
We mentioned that six new series will be coming to Antenna TV this November, but now we can officially reveal their timeslots. As a reminder, joining Antenna TV's schedule starting Monday, Nov. 4 will be Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, Mister Ed, The Patty Duke Show and Flipper. The latter four are migrating over from now sister network THIStv. As usual, Antenna TV will refresh the schedule with many timeslot changes for existing programs as well as adding these six series to its line-up. On weekdays, The Patty Duke Show will air seven days a week from 1-2pm, while from 3-7pm on weekdays will be completely new with an hour each of Mister Ed, Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched, in that order. I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched will also air in late night airing 12-1am and 1-2am, respectively. These series will air on weekends as well with Mister Ed airing 3-4pm both days, while Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie air in primetime on Sunday nights from 8-10am. Green Acres will lead-in to them in late night on Sundays from 2-3am. As for Flipper, the classic family series will air on weekends from 6-7pm following Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. As for existing series, the key highlight is primetime will now be a set weeknight schedule rather than a rotating show schedule. Weeknights from 8-9pm will be Diff'rent Strokes leading into an hour each of Sanford & Son, All in the Family and Maude from 9pm-12am. A few series will also be back on the line-up, including Circus Boy and Here Come The Brides, both weekend bound, with the former both days from 4-5pm and the latter Sundays 7-9am. With all these additions, some shows will have to have a little rest, but only three shows are going to the bench for now: Benson, Married...with Children and The Nanny. The latter two have come back before to the line-up, so they could return again. Anyway, view the entire Antenna TV "Fall 2013" schedule that begins in November. And don't forget, Bewitched actually launches on Wednesday, Oct. 30 with a 27-hour marathon! Stay with us for continued updates.
Superhero siblings share an extraordinary secret in Nickelodeon's brand-new live-action comedy series, The Thundermans, premiering Saturday, Nov. 2, at 9 pm (ET/PT). Created and executive produced by three-time Emmy Award-winner Jed Spingarn (Big Time Rush, Jimmy Neutron) and executive produced by Dave Hoge and Dan Cross (Just Jordan, Pair of Kings), the scripted half-hour series follows a pair of superhero twins, Phoebe (Kira Kosarin) and Max Thunderman (Jack Griffo), with opposite personalities, who must navigate their way through school, friends and a family of extraordinary superheroes, all while keeping their true identities a secret. New episodes of The Thundermans will air regularly Saturdays at 9 pm (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. The first episode of The Thundermans will be available for free on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, PlayStation Store, Samsung Media Hub and Vudu until Nov. 2, along with a free behind-the-scenes video called "Meet The Thundermans." On the series, Phoebe and Max Thunderman are 14-year-old fraternal twins turbocharged by freeze breath and the power to move objects via telekinesis. Phoebe, a good-natured sister, always tries to do the right thing, while Max, a troublemaker, dreams of one day becoming a super villain. Brother Billy (Diego Velazquez) moves at super speed, while younger sister Nora (Addison Riecke) cuts solid objects with her laser beam eyes. Rounding out the family are parents Hank (Chris Tallman), who possesses extraordinary strength and the ability to fly, and Barb (Rosa Blasi), who can generate lightning from her hands. Ultimately, the family must attempt keep their powers under wraps and lead a "normal" life... but can life ever be "normal" in a family of superheroes?
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.