Thursday, October 24, 2013
We mentioned that six new series will be coming to Antenna TV this November, but now we can officially reveal their timeslots. As a reminder, joining Antenna TV's schedule starting Monday, Nov. 4 will be Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, Mister Ed, The Patty Duke Show and Flipper. The latter four are migrating over from now sister network THIStv. As usual, Antenna TV will refresh the schedule with many timeslot changes for existing programs as well as adding these six series to its line-up. On weekdays, The Patty Duke Show will air seven days a week from 1-2pm, while from 3-7pm on weekdays will be completely new with an hour each of Mister Ed, Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched, in that order. I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched will also air in late night airing 12-1am and 1-2am, respectively. These series will air on weekends as well with Mister Ed airing 3-4pm both days, while Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie air in primetime on Sunday nights from 8-10am. Green Acres will lead-in to them in late night on Sundays from 2-3am. As for Flipper, the classic family series will air on weekends from 6-7pm following Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. As for existing series, the key highlight is primetime will now be a set weeknight schedule rather than a rotating show schedule. Weeknights from 8-9pm will be Diff'rent Strokes leading into an hour each of Sanford & Son, All in the Family and Maude from 9pm-12am. A few series will also be back on the line-up, including Circus Boy and Here Come The Brides, both weekend bound, with the former both days from 4-5pm and the latter Sundays 7-9am. With all these additions, some shows will have to have a little rest, but only three shows are going to the bench for now: Benson, Married...with Children and The Nanny. The latter two have come back before to the line-up, so they could return again. Anyway, view the entire Antenna TV "Fall 2013" schedule that begins in November. And don't forget, Bewitched actually launches on Wednesday, Oct. 30 with a 27-hour marathon! Stay with us for continued updates.
Superhero siblings share an extraordinary secret in Nickelodeon's brand-new live-action comedy series, The Thundermans, premiering Saturday, Nov. 2, at 9 pm (ET/PT). Created and executive produced by three-time Emmy Award-winner Jed Spingarn (Big Time Rush, Jimmy Neutron) and executive produced by Dave Hoge and Dan Cross (Just Jordan, Pair of Kings), the scripted half-hour series follows a pair of superhero twins, Phoebe (Kira Kosarin) and Max Thunderman (Jack Griffo), with opposite personalities, who must navigate their way through school, friends and a family of extraordinary superheroes, all while keeping their true identities a secret. New episodes of The Thundermans will air regularly Saturdays at 9 pm (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. The first episode of The Thundermans will be available for free on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, PlayStation Store, Samsung Media Hub and Vudu until Nov. 2, along with a free behind-the-scenes video called "Meet The Thundermans." On the series, Phoebe and Max Thunderman are 14-year-old fraternal twins turbocharged by freeze breath and the power to move objects via telekinesis. Phoebe, a good-natured sister, always tries to do the right thing, while Max, a troublemaker, dreams of one day becoming a super villain. Brother Billy (Diego Velazquez) moves at super speed, while younger sister Nora (Addison Riecke) cuts solid objects with her laser beam eyes. Rounding out the family are parents Hank (Chris Tallman), who possesses extraordinary strength and the ability to fly, and Barb (Rosa Blasi), who can generate lightning from her hands. Ultimately, the family must attempt keep their powers under wraps and lead a "normal" life... but can life ever be "normal" in a family of superheroes?
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.