Thursday, October 24, 2013
We mentioned that six new series will be coming to Antenna TV this November, but now we can officially reveal their timeslots. As a reminder, joining Antenna TV's schedule starting Monday, Nov. 4 will be Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, Mister Ed, The Patty Duke Show and Flipper. The latter four are migrating over from now sister network THIStv. As usual, Antenna TV will refresh the schedule with many timeslot changes for existing programs as well as adding these six series to its line-up. On weekdays, The Patty Duke Show will air seven days a week from 1-2pm, while from 3-7pm on weekdays will be completely new with an hour each of Mister Ed, Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched, in that order. I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched will also air in late night airing 12-1am and 1-2am, respectively. These series will air on weekends as well with Mister Ed airing 3-4pm both days, while Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie air in primetime on Sunday nights from 8-10am. Green Acres will lead-in to them in late night on Sundays from 2-3am. As for Flipper, the classic family series will air on weekends from 6-7pm following Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. As for existing series, the key highlight is primetime will now be a set weeknight schedule rather than a rotating show schedule. Weeknights from 8-9pm will be Diff'rent Strokes leading into an hour each of Sanford & Son, All in the Family and Maude from 9pm-12am. A few series will also be back on the line-up, including Circus Boy and Here Come The Brides, both weekend bound, with the former both days from 4-5pm and the latter Sundays 7-9am. With all these additions, some shows will have to have a little rest, but only three shows are going to the bench for now: Benson, Married...with Children and The Nanny. The latter two have come back before to the line-up, so they could return again. Anyway, view the entire Antenna TV "Fall 2013" schedule that begins in November. And don't forget, Bewitched actually launches on Wednesday, Oct. 30 with a 27-hour marathon! Stay with us for continued updates.
Superhero siblings share an extraordinary secret in Nickelodeon's brand-new live-action comedy series, The Thundermans, premiering Saturday, Nov. 2, at 9 pm (ET/PT). Created and executive produced by three-time Emmy Award-winner Jed Spingarn (Big Time Rush, Jimmy Neutron) and executive produced by Dave Hoge and Dan Cross (Just Jordan, Pair of Kings), the scripted half-hour series follows a pair of superhero twins, Phoebe (Kira Kosarin) and Max Thunderman (Jack Griffo), with opposite personalities, who must navigate their way through school, friends and a family of extraordinary superheroes, all while keeping their true identities a secret. New episodes of The Thundermans will air regularly Saturdays at 9 pm (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. The first episode of The Thundermans will be available for free on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, PlayStation Store, Samsung Media Hub and Vudu until Nov. 2, along with a free behind-the-scenes video called "Meet The Thundermans." On the series, Phoebe and Max Thunderman are 14-year-old fraternal twins turbocharged by freeze breath and the power to move objects via telekinesis. Phoebe, a good-natured sister, always tries to do the right thing, while Max, a troublemaker, dreams of one day becoming a super villain. Brother Billy (Diego Velazquez) moves at super speed, while younger sister Nora (Addison Riecke) cuts solid objects with her laser beam eyes. Rounding out the family are parents Hank (Chris Tallman), who possesses extraordinary strength and the ability to fly, and Barb (Rosa Blasi), who can generate lightning from her hands. Ultimately, the family must attempt keep their powers under wraps and lead a "normal" life... but can life ever be "normal" in a family of superheroes?
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.