Thursday, September 05, 2013
COZI TV Fall 2013 Adds Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island; Dancing with the Stars Season 17 Cast Filled with Sitcom Stars
COZI TV, the network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide, announced it will add a host of new movies and TV shows to its lineup in the coming months, including classic favorites Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart - all from Sony Pictures Television. Additionally, COZI TV renewed Sony's Charlie's Angels and will add dozens of new movies to its rotation, including Gidget, The Graduate, Tootsie and The Big Chill. We don't have a schedule just yet for COZI TV Fall 2013, but you can expect these shows to be added in the coming months.
Airing from 1978 to 1984, Fantasy Island was a hit TV series on ABC starring Ricardo Montalbán as Mr. Roarke, the overseer of a mysterious island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, where people from all walks of life came to live out their fantasies. Mr. Roarke's energetic sidekick Tattoo, played by Hervé Villechaize, opened each episode by ringing a bell and famously shouting, "The plane! The plane!" to welcome new guests to the island. COZI TV will take viewers to the crime ridden streets of fictional Bay City, California in the 1970s cop thriller ABC television series, Starsky & Hutch. Paul Michael Glaser starred as dark-haired, street-smart David Starsky alongside his blond, intellectual partner, Kenneth 'Hutch' Hutchinson, played by David Soul. Together, the duo patrolled Bay City in the infamous Striped Tomato, Starsky's two-door Ford Gran Torino, catching fugitives and fighting injustice. And finally, Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart in the popular ABC '80s series Hart to Hart, which ran from 1979 to 1984. Mr. Hart, a self-made millionaire and CEO of Hart Industries, and his wife, a freelance journalist, lived a glamorous lifestyle while spending their free time moonlighting as amateur detectives. In every episode, the couple found themselves involved in cases of smuggling, theft, international espionage or murder. Stay with us for any further updates on these new additions to COZI TV. They will join the likes of Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man, Magnum P.I., The Bionic Woman, Marcus Welby M.D., The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, Highway to Heaven, I Spy and The Roy Rogers Show. Since the network's official launch at the beginning of this year, COZI TV has grown significantly and is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42 percent of the country, reaching 40 markets, including those served by the ten NBC-owned stations.
The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced and it is filled with many sitcom and TV stars! Stars from sitcoms including Rhoda, Saved by the Bell, The King of Queens, The Bill Engvall Show, and other TV hits like Pretty Little Liars and Glee. This season's dynamic lineup of stars -- including a sitcom legend, a reality mega-star, a football champion and a pop music sensation - will perform for the first time on live national television with their professional partners during the two-hour season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Monday, September 16, 2013 from (8:00-10:01pm, ET on ABC. Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 17 and shakes things up by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The one-night extravaganza will feature competitive dance, dynamic group performances and musical guests, all building to a climactic elimination. Each week viewers can vote for their favorite dancing performance. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges' scores from that night with the public votes from the previous week.
As announced yesterday morning on ABC's Good Morning America by Dancing with the Stars hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, the 12 celebrities with their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (Saved by the Bell, CSI: Miami) and partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and partner Karina Smirnoff
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives) and partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) and partner Emma Slater
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie) and partner Tristan MacManus
- Keyshawn Johnson (NFL) and partner Sharna Burgess
- Christina Milian (singer, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish) and partner Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye (Bill Nye the Science Guy) and partner Tyne Stecklein
- Jack Osbourne (The Osbournes) and partner Cheryl Burke
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) and partner Sasha Farber
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Family Tools) and partner Tony Dovolani
- Amber Riley (Glee) and partner Derek Hough
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, June 25
The Thundermans - "Chutes and Splatters" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe's newest superhero mission is to babysit President Kuckbutt's troublemaking teen daughter, but the assignment quickly snowballs out of control when Phoebe's charge sneaks into the town's illegal nightclub.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Biggest. Game. Ever" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Everything the Bulldogs have worked for has led up to this game- the state championship against their rivals Whitworth! But when their new game plan is not working, the team has a shocking realization.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.