Thursday, September 05, 2013
COZI TV Fall 2013 Adds Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island; Dancing with the Stars Season 17 Cast Filled with Sitcom Stars
COZI TV, the network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide, announced it will add a host of new movies and TV shows to its lineup in the coming months, including classic favorites Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart - all from Sony Pictures Television. Additionally, COZI TV renewed Sony's Charlie's Angels and will add dozens of new movies to its rotation, including Gidget, The Graduate, Tootsie and The Big Chill. We don't have a schedule just yet for COZI TV Fall 2013, but you can expect these shows to be added in the coming months.
Airing from 1978 to 1984, Fantasy Island was a hit TV series on ABC starring Ricardo Montalbán as Mr. Roarke, the overseer of a mysterious island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, where people from all walks of life came to live out their fantasies. Mr. Roarke's energetic sidekick Tattoo, played by Hervé Villechaize, opened each episode by ringing a bell and famously shouting, "The plane! The plane!" to welcome new guests to the island. COZI TV will take viewers to the crime ridden streets of fictional Bay City, California in the 1970s cop thriller ABC television series, Starsky & Hutch. Paul Michael Glaser starred as dark-haired, street-smart David Starsky alongside his blond, intellectual partner, Kenneth 'Hutch' Hutchinson, played by David Soul. Together, the duo patrolled Bay City in the infamous Striped Tomato, Starsky's two-door Ford Gran Torino, catching fugitives and fighting injustice. And finally, Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart in the popular ABC '80s series Hart to Hart, which ran from 1979 to 1984. Mr. Hart, a self-made millionaire and CEO of Hart Industries, and his wife, a freelance journalist, lived a glamorous lifestyle while spending their free time moonlighting as amateur detectives. In every episode, the couple found themselves involved in cases of smuggling, theft, international espionage or murder. Stay with us for any further updates on these new additions to COZI TV. They will join the likes of Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man, Magnum P.I., The Bionic Woman, Marcus Welby M.D., The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, Highway to Heaven, I Spy and The Roy Rogers Show. Since the network's official launch at the beginning of this year, COZI TV has grown significantly and is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42 percent of the country, reaching 40 markets, including those served by the ten NBC-owned stations.
The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced and it is filled with many sitcom and TV stars! Stars from sitcoms including Rhoda, Saved by the Bell, The King of Queens, The Bill Engvall Show, and other TV hits like Pretty Little Liars and Glee. This season's dynamic lineup of stars -- including a sitcom legend, a reality mega-star, a football champion and a pop music sensation - will perform for the first time on live national television with their professional partners during the two-hour season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Monday, September 16, 2013 from (8:00-10:01pm, ET on ABC. Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 17 and shakes things up by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The one-night extravaganza will feature competitive dance, dynamic group performances and musical guests, all building to a climactic elimination. Each week viewers can vote for their favorite dancing performance. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges' scores from that night with the public votes from the previous week.
As announced yesterday morning on ABC's Good Morning America by Dancing with the Stars hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, the 12 celebrities with their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (Saved by the Bell, CSI: Miami) and partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and partner Karina Smirnoff
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives) and partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) and partner Emma Slater
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie) and partner Tristan MacManus
- Keyshawn Johnson (NFL) and partner Sharna Burgess
- Christina Milian (singer, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish) and partner Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye (Bill Nye the Science Guy) and partner Tyne Stecklein
- Jack Osbourne (The Osbournes) and partner Cheryl Burke
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) and partner Sasha Farber
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Family Tools) and partner Tony Dovolani
- Amber Riley (Glee) and partner Derek Hough
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, December 1
The Muppets - "Going, Going, Gonzo" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
after a show-stopping duet with Miss Piggy on “Up Late with Miss Piggy,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins Scooter, Pepe and the gang for poker night; The Great Gonzo gears up to perform his dream stunt; and Dave Grohl challenges Animal to a drum-off.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
Grandfathered - "Jimmy & Sons" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy hires Gerald as the new host at his restaurant and gives him a crash course in hospitality. Meanwhile, Vanessa teaches Sara how to take sexy photos for Bruce (guest star Andy Daly), and Annelise encourages Ravi to crack down on the comedy in the kitchen.
The Grinder - "Grinder Rests in Peace" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
“The Grinder: New Orleans” -- a spinoff of the original hit series, asks Dean to film a scene giving closure to his beloved character, Mitch Grinder. Not surprisingly, Dean struggles with being replaced by his TV brother, Rake (guest star Timothy Olyphant). Meanwhile Stewart, who has also been feeling replaced by his brother in Ethan's eyes, jumps at the opportunity to get Dean back into acting and out of his hair.
Family Time - "Bright Lights, Dusty House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony's mother comes over to help out now that Lisa has started a full time job; Donnie convinces tony to shoot an ad for his business.
Tuesday, December 1
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Catch Seth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show) - Wendy guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry join Chrissy Teigen in the kitchen to make breakfast toast cups and crème brûlée on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace appears on People Now.