Thursday, September 05, 2013
COZI TV Fall 2013 Adds Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island; Dancing with the Stars Season 17 Cast Filled with Sitcom Stars
COZI TV, the network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide, announced it will add a host of new movies and TV shows to its lineup in the coming months, including classic favorites Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart - all from Sony Pictures Television. Additionally, COZI TV renewed Sony's Charlie's Angels and will add dozens of new movies to its rotation, including Gidget, The Graduate, Tootsie and The Big Chill. We don't have a schedule just yet for COZI TV Fall 2013, but you can expect these shows to be added in the coming months.
Airing from 1978 to 1984, Fantasy Island was a hit TV series on ABC starring Ricardo Montalbán as Mr. Roarke, the overseer of a mysterious island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, where people from all walks of life came to live out their fantasies. Mr. Roarke's energetic sidekick Tattoo, played by Hervé Villechaize, opened each episode by ringing a bell and famously shouting, "The plane! The plane!" to welcome new guests to the island. COZI TV will take viewers to the crime ridden streets of fictional Bay City, California in the 1970s cop thriller ABC television series, Starsky & Hutch. Paul Michael Glaser starred as dark-haired, street-smart David Starsky alongside his blond, intellectual partner, Kenneth 'Hutch' Hutchinson, played by David Soul. Together, the duo patrolled Bay City in the infamous Striped Tomato, Starsky's two-door Ford Gran Torino, catching fugitives and fighting injustice. And finally, Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart in the popular ABC '80s series Hart to Hart, which ran from 1979 to 1984. Mr. Hart, a self-made millionaire and CEO of Hart Industries, and his wife, a freelance journalist, lived a glamorous lifestyle while spending their free time moonlighting as amateur detectives. In every episode, the couple found themselves involved in cases of smuggling, theft, international espionage or murder. Stay with us for any further updates on these new additions to COZI TV. They will join the likes of Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man, Magnum P.I., The Bionic Woman, Marcus Welby M.D., The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, Highway to Heaven, I Spy and The Roy Rogers Show. Since the network's official launch at the beginning of this year, COZI TV has grown significantly and is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42 percent of the country, reaching 40 markets, including those served by the ten NBC-owned stations.
The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced and it is filled with many sitcom and TV stars! Stars from sitcoms including Rhoda, Saved by the Bell, The King of Queens, The Bill Engvall Show, and other TV hits like Pretty Little Liars and Glee. This season's dynamic lineup of stars -- including a sitcom legend, a reality mega-star, a football champion and a pop music sensation - will perform for the first time on live national television with their professional partners during the two-hour season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Monday, September 16, 2013 from (8:00-10:01pm, ET on ABC. Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 17 and shakes things up by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The one-night extravaganza will feature competitive dance, dynamic group performances and musical guests, all building to a climactic elimination. Each week viewers can vote for their favorite dancing performance. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges' scores from that night with the public votes from the previous week.
As announced yesterday morning on ABC's Good Morning America by Dancing with the Stars hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, the 12 celebrities with their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (Saved by the Bell, CSI: Miami) and partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and partner Karina Smirnoff
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives) and partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) and partner Emma Slater
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie) and partner Tristan MacManus
- Keyshawn Johnson (NFL) and partner Sharna Burgess
- Christina Milian (singer, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish) and partner Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye (Bill Nye the Science Guy) and partner Tyne Stecklein
- Jack Osbourne (The Osbournes) and partner Cheryl Burke
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) and partner Sasha Farber
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Family Tools) and partner Tony Dovolani
- Amber Riley (Glee) and partner Derek Hough
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 30
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Breakup" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Although Eve insists she’s OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed’s new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin’s wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
Cristela - "Hypertension" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Daniela is worried that Cristela is neglecting her health due to her beyond-busy schedule. Daniela suggests that maybe if Cristela lost a few pounds, she could find herself a husband and ultimately mirror the life Daniela lives now. Cristela retorts by saying she doesn’t want Daniela’s life or her looks, she’s happy with who she is and being career focused. The tables are turned when Daniela coaxes Cristela down to a free clinic to test their blood pressure and it’s revealed Daniela is the one who should be concerned. Meanwhile at the office, Josh tries to impress Trent by volunteering to learn CPR and Maddie decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
Friday, January 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony talks about his return to Broadway, rumors of a Taxi reunion and which team he's rooting for in the Super Bowl on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim talks about the final season of Parks and Recreation on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great party recipes on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.