Thursday, September 05, 2013
COZI TV Fall 2013 Adds Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island; Dancing with the Stars Season 17 Cast Filled with Sitcom Stars
COZI TV, the network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide, announced it will add a host of new movies and TV shows to its lineup in the coming months, including classic favorites Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart - all from Sony Pictures Television. Additionally, COZI TV renewed Sony's Charlie's Angels and will add dozens of new movies to its rotation, including Gidget, The Graduate, Tootsie and The Big Chill. We don't have a schedule just yet for COZI TV Fall 2013, but you can expect these shows to be added in the coming months.
Airing from 1978 to 1984, Fantasy Island was a hit TV series on ABC starring Ricardo Montalbán as Mr. Roarke, the overseer of a mysterious island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, where people from all walks of life came to live out their fantasies. Mr. Roarke's energetic sidekick Tattoo, played by Hervé Villechaize, opened each episode by ringing a bell and famously shouting, "The plane! The plane!" to welcome new guests to the island. COZI TV will take viewers to the crime ridden streets of fictional Bay City, California in the 1970s cop thriller ABC television series, Starsky & Hutch. Paul Michael Glaser starred as dark-haired, street-smart David Starsky alongside his blond, intellectual partner, Kenneth 'Hutch' Hutchinson, played by David Soul. Together, the duo patrolled Bay City in the infamous Striped Tomato, Starsky's two-door Ford Gran Torino, catching fugitives and fighting injustice. And finally, Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart in the popular ABC '80s series Hart to Hart, which ran from 1979 to 1984. Mr. Hart, a self-made millionaire and CEO of Hart Industries, and his wife, a freelance journalist, lived a glamorous lifestyle while spending their free time moonlighting as amateur detectives. In every episode, the couple found themselves involved in cases of smuggling, theft, international espionage or murder. Stay with us for any further updates on these new additions to COZI TV. They will join the likes of Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man, Magnum P.I., The Bionic Woman, Marcus Welby M.D., The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, Highway to Heaven, I Spy and The Roy Rogers Show. Since the network's official launch at the beginning of this year, COZI TV has grown significantly and is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42 percent of the country, reaching 40 markets, including those served by the ten NBC-owned stations.
The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced and it is filled with many sitcom and TV stars! Stars from sitcoms including Rhoda, Saved by the Bell, The King of Queens, The Bill Engvall Show, and other TV hits like Pretty Little Liars and Glee. This season's dynamic lineup of stars -- including a sitcom legend, a reality mega-star, a football champion and a pop music sensation - will perform for the first time on live national television with their professional partners during the two-hour season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Monday, September 16, 2013 from (8:00-10:01pm, ET on ABC. Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 17 and shakes things up by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The one-night extravaganza will feature competitive dance, dynamic group performances and musical guests, all building to a climactic elimination. Each week viewers can vote for their favorite dancing performance. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges' scores from that night with the public votes from the previous week.
As announced yesterday morning on ABC's Good Morning America by Dancing with the Stars hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, the 12 celebrities with their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (Saved by the Bell, CSI: Miami) and partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and partner Karina Smirnoff
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives) and partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) and partner Emma Slater
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie) and partner Tristan MacManus
- Keyshawn Johnson (NFL) and partner Sharna Burgess
- Christina Milian (singer, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish) and partner Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye (Bill Nye the Science Guy) and partner Tyne Stecklein
- Jack Osbourne (The Osbournes) and partner Cheryl Burke
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) and partner Sasha Farber
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Family Tools) and partner Tony Dovolani
- Amber Riley (Glee) and partner Derek Hough
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 23
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Third Degree Ba-Burn" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bella's jokes about her teammates at the Bulldog's annual roast cause a rift between Sawyer and Pepper. Newt tries to get in-between Sophie and a new boy.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Wanted: The Sugar Beet Gang" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While the Quads argue over how best to complete their class history assignment, they discover that they had some interesting ancestors who teach them a valuable lesson of their own.
Monday, May 25
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Watch Thomas on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings) - Elisha appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Billy Crystal (The Comedians/Soap) - Billy is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Rhys Darby (How to Be a Gentleman/Flight of the Conchords) - Rhys appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Tune in to see Mila on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tia Mowry (The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia whips up a meal in the kitchen and talks about her new Cooking Channel show Tia Mowry at Home on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Rex Lee (Entourage) - Rex talks about the new film Entourage on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy is a guest on People Now.