Thursday, September 05, 2013
COZI TV Fall 2013 Adds Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island; Dancing with the Stars Season 17 Cast Filled with Sitcom Stars
COZI TV, the network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide, announced it will add a host of new movies and TV shows to its lineup in the coming months, including classic favorites Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart - all from Sony Pictures Television. Additionally, COZI TV renewed Sony's Charlie's Angels and will add dozens of new movies to its rotation, including Gidget, The Graduate, Tootsie and The Big Chill. We don't have a schedule just yet for COZI TV Fall 2013, but you can expect these shows to be added in the coming months.
Airing from 1978 to 1984, Fantasy Island was a hit TV series on ABC starring Ricardo Montalbán as Mr. Roarke, the overseer of a mysterious island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, where people from all walks of life came to live out their fantasies. Mr. Roarke's energetic sidekick Tattoo, played by Hervé Villechaize, opened each episode by ringing a bell and famously shouting, "The plane! The plane!" to welcome new guests to the island. COZI TV will take viewers to the crime ridden streets of fictional Bay City, California in the 1970s cop thriller ABC television series, Starsky & Hutch. Paul Michael Glaser starred as dark-haired, street-smart David Starsky alongside his blond, intellectual partner, Kenneth 'Hutch' Hutchinson, played by David Soul. Together, the duo patrolled Bay City in the infamous Striped Tomato, Starsky's two-door Ford Gran Torino, catching fugitives and fighting injustice. And finally, Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played Jonathan and Jennifer Hart in the popular ABC '80s series Hart to Hart, which ran from 1979 to 1984. Mr. Hart, a self-made millionaire and CEO of Hart Industries, and his wife, a freelance journalist, lived a glamorous lifestyle while spending their free time moonlighting as amateur detectives. In every episode, the couple found themselves involved in cases of smuggling, theft, international espionage or murder. Stay with us for any further updates on these new additions to COZI TV. They will join the likes of Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man, Magnum P.I., The Bionic Woman, Marcus Welby M.D., The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, Highway to Heaven, I Spy and The Roy Rogers Show. Since the network's official launch at the beginning of this year, COZI TV has grown significantly and is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42 percent of the country, reaching 40 markets, including those served by the ten NBC-owned stations.
The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced and it is filled with many sitcom and TV stars! Stars from sitcoms including Rhoda, Saved by the Bell, The King of Queens, The Bill Engvall Show, and other TV hits like Pretty Little Liars and Glee. This season's dynamic lineup of stars -- including a sitcom legend, a reality mega-star, a football champion and a pop music sensation - will perform for the first time on live national television with their professional partners during the two-hour season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Monday, September 16, 2013 from (8:00-10:01pm, ET on ABC. Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 17 and shakes things up by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The one-night extravaganza will feature competitive dance, dynamic group performances and musical guests, all building to a climactic elimination. Each week viewers can vote for their favorite dancing performance. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges' scores from that night with the public votes from the previous week.
As announced yesterday morning on ABC's Good Morning America by Dancing with the Stars hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet, the 12 celebrities with their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season (in alphabetical order) are:
- Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (Saved by the Bell, CSI: Miami) and partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and partner Karina Smirnoff
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives) and partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) and partner Emma Slater
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie) and partner Tristan MacManus
- Keyshawn Johnson (NFL) and partner Sharna Burgess
- Christina Milian (singer, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish) and partner Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye (Bill Nye the Science Guy) and partner Tyne Stecklein
- Jack Osbourne (The Osbournes) and partner Cheryl Burke
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) and partner Sasha Farber
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Family Tools) and partner Tony Dovolani
- Amber Riley (Glee) and partner Derek Hough
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.