Sunday, June 30, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 17-23)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A summer repeat at 8pm did 2.6 million and a 1.24 18-49 rating, which is up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did only 1.41 million and a 0.61 18-49 rating, about on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - An encore airing at 8:30pm did 2.53 million and a 1.21 18-49 rating, up nearly three tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9 posted 3.25 million and a 1.51 18-49 rating, up three tenths in 18-49 from previous week, since NBA Finals are now over.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9:30pm did 3.21 million and a 1.44 18-49 rating, which is solid. A repeat at 7:30pm did 1.72 million and a 0.80 18-49 rating, up about a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 4.43 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, up three tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 2.11 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.5 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's series low.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 4.67 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up three tenths in 18-49 from previous week when it aired at 9.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did only 1.35 million and just a 0.6 18-49 rating, but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor at all.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 2 airings - 6.65 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a special repeat at 9 is excellent. A repeat at 9:30pm did even better with 7.35 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating.
- Anger Management (Fox) - A repeat on Fox, did 1.55 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.52 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 2.79 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down two tents in 18-49 from previous week for a series low.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 3.63 million and a 1.1 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 3.06 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tenths in 18-49 from previous week for another new series low.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 8.15 million and a 2.1 18-49 rating, back up five tenths in 18-49 from previous week as there was no NBA Finals this week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 6.17 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, which is up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week despite the lead-in going way up.
- The Office (NBC) - A one-hour repeat at 9 did just 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 2.08 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week. A second repeat followed at 8:30 with 1.71 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week.
Summing it up. Repeats of all The Big Bang Theory airings, Two and a Half Men, 2 Broke Girls, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Family Tools).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Monday at 8:30pm on Fox has the finale of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm. ABC has an original episode of Family Tools on Wednesday at 8:30pm. On cable, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy this Wednesday beginning at 8pm are repeats due to the 4th of July holiday. TV Land has special encore insider episodes from premieres of the summer season of Hot in Cleveland this Wednesday at 10pm, followed by The Exes at 10:30pm and The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Sullivan & Son Thursdays at 10, with a repeat this Thursday because of 4th of July. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm but a repeat is tonight, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm with a repeat this week. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management airs Thursdays at 9:30pm but is preempted this Thursday for the 4th of July. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.