Sunday, June 16, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 3-9)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A summer repeat at 8pm did 2.4 million and a 1.01 18-49 rating, which is down about five tenths 18-49 from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did only 1.58 million and a 0.67 18-49 rating, but that is just about on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - An encore airing at 8:30pm did 2.13 million and a 0.94 18-49 rating, off about four tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9 posted 2.89 million and a 1.33 18-49 rating, down four tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm followed with 2.79 million and a 1.28 18-49 rating, that is down about a half a point in 18-49 from previous week. NBA Finals clearly affected the Fox comedy encores.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 1.91 million and a 0.80 18-49 rating, down just a little over a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 3.91 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 2.08 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, back down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.54 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.53 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.31 million and just a 0.6 18-49 rating, but again on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 4.66 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A repeat earlier in the night at 8:30pm did 4.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating.
- Anger Management (Fox) - A new episode on Fox, did 1.71 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, on par in 18-49 with previous week's first ever airing on Fox.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 4.45 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, once again on par in 18-49 with previous week. Steady as can be.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.67 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week's series low.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 4.22 million and a 1.2 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.06 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week for a series low.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 8.62 million and a 2.1 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 6.34 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which is down three tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - A repeat at 8 did 2.33 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating. A new episode followed with just 2.15 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. That's all the episodes NBC will be airing.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.59 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.54 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week and this time it didn't build from its lead-in.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Week four of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode this Wednesday (June 19) at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Sullivan & Son Thursdays at 10, with week two this Thursday. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 27
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Coral Palms Pt. 2" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy “The Butcher” Figgis sees Jake and Holt’s viral video, the two begin plotting their attack. However, when caught red-handed, the- are forced to experience the other side of the interrogation table. Back at the precinct, a questionable new Captain (guest star Ken Marino, “Childrens Hospital”) takes over.
New Girl - "Hubbedy Bubby" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jess and Cece jump on the campaign trail and make a bet with a disbelieving Schmidt that they can recruit voters for the upcoming Presidential election. Meanwhile, Winston teaches Nick about modern phone sex.
Atlanta - "Nobody Beats the Biebs" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ayyye, okay! We got celebs in the building balling for the kids. I love me some Justin Bieber. Man, Paper Boi stay hating tho haha.
In the Cut - "Whose Is It" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay finds a positive pregnancy test.
Tuesday, September 27
- J.K Simmons (Growing Up Fisher/Family Tools) - Catch J.K. on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs for the audience on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom talks about Hidden Heroes on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Michael appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He will also be on Good Morning Football on NFL Network sometime between 7-10am.