Sunday, June 16, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 3-9)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A summer repeat at 8pm did 2.4 million and a 1.01 18-49 rating, which is down about five tenths 18-49 from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did only 1.58 million and a 0.67 18-49 rating, but that is just about on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - An encore airing at 8:30pm did 2.13 million and a 0.94 18-49 rating, off about four tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9 posted 2.89 million and a 1.33 18-49 rating, down four tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm followed with 2.79 million and a 1.28 18-49 rating, that is down about a half a point in 18-49 from previous week. NBA Finals clearly affected the Fox comedy encores.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 1.91 million and a 0.80 18-49 rating, down just a little over a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 3.91 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 2.08 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, back down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.54 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.53 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.31 million and just a 0.6 18-49 rating, but again on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 4.66 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat, up two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A repeat earlier in the night at 8:30pm did 4.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating.
- Anger Management (Fox) - A new episode on Fox, did 1.71 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, on par in 18-49 with previous week's first ever airing on Fox.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 4.45 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, once again on par in 18-49 with previous week. Steady as can be.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.67 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week's series low.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 4.22 million and a 1.2 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.06 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week for a series low.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 8.62 million and a 2.1 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 6.34 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which is down three tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - A repeat at 8 did 2.33 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating. A new episode followed with just 2.15 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from previous week. That's all the episodes NBC will be airing.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.59 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.54 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, again down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week and this time it didn't build from its lead-in.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Week four of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode this Wednesday (June 19) at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Sullivan & Son Thursdays at 10, with week two this Thursday. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.