Sunday, June 09, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 27-June 2)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A summer repeat at 8pm did 3.24 million and a 1.46 18-49 rating, which is pretty good for a summer repeat in 18-49.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did only 1.83 million and a 0.72 18-49 rating.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - An encore airing at 8:30pm did 2.92 million and a 1.31 18-49 rating, off some from its lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9 posted 3.58 million and a 1.69 18-49 rating, while a second repeat at 9:30pm followed with an even better 3.72 million and a 1.77 18-49 rating. Very good in 18-49.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 2.06 million and a 0.93 18-49 rating.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 3.43 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's Memorial Day airing.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 2.23 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.42 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, like its lead-in, down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.62 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 for its best rating yet.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.52 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week like all CBS Monday comedies so far.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.4 million and just a 0.6 18-49 rating, again on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.0 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, but this was down three tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Anger Management (Fox) - A new episode, and the first airing ever on Fox, did 1.65 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, a tenth better in 18-49 than previous week's Mindy repeat.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 4.12 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week, for a series low.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 4.49 million and a 1.4 rating, on par in 18-49 week-to-week.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 3.86 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week for a series low.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.4 million and a 2.3 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 7.23 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which is good for a repeat of course.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did 3.12 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, back up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. A second episode followed with just 2.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, also up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.83 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week but built from its lead-in for the third straight week.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - A special repeat at 8 did a preliminary 1.87 million and a prelim 0.3 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, & Family Guy (from week 1) were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox tomorrow night. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week three of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. And there will be a special bonus hour of both series with new episodes in the 9pm hour as well! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 16
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
Man with a Plan - "A Dinner Gone Wrong" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Andi and Marcy realize they were rivals in high school, Adam and Don are dragged into the feud and forced to take sides.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Stalking Dead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline get their big break when they’re cast as zombie extras after they finally arrive at the movie set in Texas where Randy is working. Back at home, Han and Oleg try their hand at construction after they fire the contractor working on the dessert bar. Beth Littleford guest stars as Bonnie, the assistant director of the zombie movie.
The Odd Couple - "Batman vs. The Penguin" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Murph gets Oscar to agree to participate in a regular TV segment where he competes with a penguin at the zoo to predict the winners of hockey games. Also, Emily and Felix take their first steps to becoming just friends. Former professional hockey player Luc Robitaille guest stars as himself.
Monday, January 16
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo chats on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.