Sunday, June 09, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 27-June 2)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A summer repeat at 8pm did 3.24 million and a 1.46 18-49 rating, which is pretty good for a summer repeat in 18-49.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did only 1.83 million and a 0.72 18-49 rating.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - An encore airing at 8:30pm did 2.92 million and a 1.31 18-49 rating, off some from its lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9 posted 3.58 million and a 1.69 18-49 rating, while a second repeat at 9:30pm followed with an even better 3.72 million and a 1.77 18-49 rating. Very good in 18-49.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 2.06 million and a 0.93 18-49 rating.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 3.43 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's Memorial Day airing.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 2.23 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.42 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, like its lead-in, down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.62 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 for its best rating yet.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.52 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week like all CBS Monday comedies so far.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.4 million and just a 0.6 18-49 rating, again on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.0 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, but this was down three tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Anger Management (Fox) - A new episode, and the first airing ever on Fox, did 1.65 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, a tenth better in 18-49 than previous week's Mindy repeat.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 4.12 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week, for a series low.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 4.49 million and a 1.4 rating, on par in 18-49 week-to-week.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 3.86 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week for a series low.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.4 million and a 2.3 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 7.23 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which is good for a repeat of course.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did 3.12 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, back up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. A second episode followed with just 2.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, also up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.83 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week but built from its lead-in for the third straight week.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - A special repeat at 8 did a preliminary 1.87 million and a prelim 0.3 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, & Family Guy (from week 1) were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox tomorrow night. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week three of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. And there will be a special bonus hour of both series with new episodes in the 9pm hour as well! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.