Sunday, June 02, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 20-26)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat on Memorial Day did 3.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from last year on Memorial Day.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did just 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but that was on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.6 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.37 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week which was its series premiere. Not good though.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.3 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. Since it was Memorial Day, not much to worry about.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.34 million and 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.7 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat was the best of the block and this sitcom is benched until mid-season next season. Go figure.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30 did only 1.25 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but yes also on par in 18-49 with previous week. I mean it can't get any lower right?
- The Office (NBC) - A special encore of the series finale at 10pm did 2.47 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating following an original episode of The Voice.
- The Middle (ABC) - The first summer repeat of the season did 4.23 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, off two tenths in 18-49 from the first repeat last summer.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.66 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a series low obviously.
- Modern Family (ABC) - Its first repeat of the summer did 4.74 million and a 1.4 rating, off a tenth in 18-49 from last summer's first repeat.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.12 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, down seven tenths in 18-49 from previous week when it aired following original episodes. But it held 100% of its lead-in at least.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.25 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with the previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - The delayed season finale finally aired and did 8.01 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, for obviously a series low since it aired on a special night and following a repeat.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did just 2.66 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's premiere. A second episode followed with just 2.26 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.8 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for the best of the block actually and built from its lead-in for the second straight week.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox the next two weeks. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week two of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. Look for our review of Baby Daddy's episode on Wednesday afternoon! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.