Sunday, June 02, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 20-26)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat on Memorial Day did 3.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from last year on Memorial Day.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did just 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but that was on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.6 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.37 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week which was its series premiere. Not good though.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.3 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. Since it was Memorial Day, not much to worry about.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.34 million and 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.7 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat was the best of the block and this sitcom is benched until mid-season next season. Go figure.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30 did only 1.25 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but yes also on par in 18-49 with previous week. I mean it can't get any lower right?
- The Office (NBC) - A special encore of the series finale at 10pm did 2.47 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating following an original episode of The Voice.
- The Middle (ABC) - The first summer repeat of the season did 4.23 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, off two tenths in 18-49 from the first repeat last summer.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.66 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a series low obviously.
- Modern Family (ABC) - Its first repeat of the summer did 4.74 million and a 1.4 rating, off a tenth in 18-49 from last summer's first repeat.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.12 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, down seven tenths in 18-49 from previous week when it aired following original episodes. But it held 100% of its lead-in at least.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.25 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with the previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - The delayed season finale finally aired and did 8.01 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, for obviously a series low since it aired on a special night and following a repeat.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did just 2.66 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's premiere. A second episode followed with just 2.26 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.8 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for the best of the block actually and built from its lead-in for the second straight week.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox the next two weeks. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week two of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. Look for our review of Baby Daddy's episode on Wednesday afternoon! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.