Sunday, June 02, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 20-26)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat on Memorial Day did 3.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from last year on Memorial Day.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did just 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but that was on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.6 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.37 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week which was its series premiere. Not good though.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.3 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. Since it was Memorial Day, not much to worry about.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.34 million and 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.7 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat was the best of the block and this sitcom is benched until mid-season next season. Go figure.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30 did only 1.25 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but yes also on par in 18-49 with previous week. I mean it can't get any lower right?
- The Office (NBC) - A special encore of the series finale at 10pm did 2.47 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating following an original episode of The Voice.
- The Middle (ABC) - The first summer repeat of the season did 4.23 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, off two tenths in 18-49 from the first repeat last summer.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.66 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a series low obviously.
- Modern Family (ABC) - Its first repeat of the summer did 4.74 million and a 1.4 rating, off a tenth in 18-49 from last summer's first repeat.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.12 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, down seven tenths in 18-49 from previous week when it aired following original episodes. But it held 100% of its lead-in at least.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.25 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with the previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - The delayed season finale finally aired and did 8.01 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, for obviously a series low since it aired on a special night and following a repeat.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did just 2.66 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's premiere. A second episode followed with just 2.26 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.8 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for the best of the block actually and built from its lead-in for the second straight week.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox the next two weeks. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week two of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. Look for our review of Baby Daddy's episode on Wednesday afternoon! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.