Sunday, June 02, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 20-26)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted for NASCAR.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat on Memorial Day did 3.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 from last year on Memorial Day.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did just 1.76 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but that was on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.6 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating.
- The Goodwin Games (Fox) - A brand new episode at 8:30pm did only 1.37 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week which was its series premiere. Not good though.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat did 4.3 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating. Since it was Memorial Day, not much to worry about.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 1.34 million and 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week. It doesn't repeat well for an anchor, though.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.7 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat was the best of the block and this sitcom is benched until mid-season next season. Go figure.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30 did only 1.25 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but yes also on par in 18-49 with previous week. I mean it can't get any lower right?
- The Office (NBC) - A special encore of the series finale at 10pm did 2.47 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating following an original episode of The Voice.
- The Middle (ABC) - The first summer repeat of the season did 4.23 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, off two tenths in 18-49 from the first repeat last summer.
- Family Tools (ABC) - A new episode at 8:30pm did 3.66 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a series low obviously.
- Modern Family (ABC) - Its first repeat of the summer did 4.74 million and a 1.4 rating, off a tenth in 18-49 from last summer's first repeat.
- How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) - A new episode at 9:30pm did 4.12 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, down seven tenths in 18-49 from previous week when it aired following original episodes. But it held 100% of its lead-in at least.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 9.25 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with the previous week. Nice. Should stay above a 2 all summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - The delayed season finale finally aired and did 8.01 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, for obviously a series low since it aired on a special night and following a repeat.
- Save Me (NBC) 2 episodes - The first all-new episode did just 2.66 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's premiere. A second episode followed with just 2.26 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9 did just 1.8 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth in 18-49 week-to-week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for the best of the block actually and built from its lead-in for the second straight week.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and new airings of The Goodwin Games, Save Me).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: Mondays at 8:30pm on Fox will be original episodes of The Goodwin Games at 8:30pm and a brand new episode of the FX sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen Mondays at 9:30pm on Fox the next two weeks. ABC has original episodes of Family Tools on Wednesdays at 8:30pm and How To Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) on Wednesdays at 9:30pm through the end of June. Lastly on broadcast, NBC has back-to-back episodes of Save Me on Thursdays starting at 8pm. Week two of the new season for hilarious cable sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy is this Wednesday beginning at 8pm on ABC Family. Look for our review of Baby Daddy's episode on Wednesday afternoon! TV Land will launch the summer season of Hot in Cleveland with a LIVE episode on Wednesday, June 19 at 10pm. The season premiere of The Exes follows at 10:30pm, followed by season two premiere of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET will return with the second half of the season of The Game on Tuesday, July 2 at 10pm. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming June 13. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm, while Wendell & Vinnie airs Thursdays at 8:30pm. FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management also airs Thursdays at 9:30pm. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.