Thursday, June 13, 2013
Jamie Foxx Returns to Centric, Malcolm & Eddie Departs; MeTV Network Adds 3 More Stations, Now Clears 90% of U.S.
Centric has brought back The Jamie Foxx Show on the regular schedule. The sitcom had been airing just in marathon blocks of late on both BET and Centric, but now it is back on the regular schedule. It is airing weekdays back-to-back from 12-1pm, replacing an hour of The Wayans Bros. Not to worry, that sitcom will remain airing in its other block from 5-6pm. Centric is also adding another hour of Moesha replacing Malcolm & Eddie weekdays from 2-3pm. Moesha will also remain in its 12-1am block as well and in the mornings on BET, but Malcolm & Eddie is now off of the Centric schedule. No word on when it will return, but as always, we will let you know if and when it does. No other schedule changes will be made to the regular schedule. Centric also has 227 on the bench and they air it from time to time in marathon blocks. Back to The Jamie Foxx Show, it will have a marathon on Friday, June 21 from 9am-6pm. In fact, all this month Centric will have Friday marathons, with Steve Harvey Show this Friday, Jamie Foxx as mentioned on June 21, and Moesha on June 28.
Centric will also continue to air marathons on weekends as well, with The Cosby Show getting the Father's Day weekend marathon this weekend (June 15-16) from 10am-10pm. Other weekend marathons are: The Wayans Bros. June 22-23, New York Undercover & The A-Team on June 29-30, Girlfriends on July 6-7, The Jamie Foxx Show again on July 13-14, more The Wayans Bros. July 20-21 and Bernie Mac July 27-28. As for the 4th of July, Centric will celebrate the holiday with the first family, with a marathon of the first-run syndicated comedy The First Family from 11am-5pm. Fellow comedy Mr. Box Office will get the marathon treatment the following day from 11am-7pm. As always, stay with us for the latest updates.
The MeTV Network has signed three new affiliation agreements with Gray Television stations in these markets: KSNB (Lincoln, Nebraska - DMA #105), WSWG (Albany, Georgia - DMA #145) and WTVY (Dothan, Alabama - DMA #169). These new affiliates bring MeTV to 150 markets and the network now clears 90% of the country. In addition to being available in all top ten television markets, the network can be found in 28 of the top 30 markets in the U.S. Some several major media groups, including Hearst, Gannett, Raycom, Allbritton, Media General, Post-Newsweek, Nexstar, London Broadcasting, Belo, Hubbard, Cordillera, Bahakel, Fisher, Cox, Morgan Murphy, Grant, New Press Gazette, New Age, Granite, Capitol, Dispatch, Journal, Bonten and Titan. MeTV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. MeTV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers. MeTV's line-up include some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, and the original Hawaii Five-O series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.