Thursday, June 13, 2013
Jamie Foxx Returns to Centric, Malcolm & Eddie Departs; MeTV Network Adds 3 More Stations, Now Clears 90% of U.S.
Centric has brought back The Jamie Foxx Show on the regular schedule. The sitcom had been airing just in marathon blocks of late on both BET and Centric, but now it is back on the regular schedule. It is airing weekdays back-to-back from 12-1pm, replacing an hour of The Wayans Bros. Not to worry, that sitcom will remain airing in its other block from 5-6pm. Centric is also adding another hour of Moesha replacing Malcolm & Eddie weekdays from 2-3pm. Moesha will also remain in its 12-1am block as well and in the mornings on BET, but Malcolm & Eddie is now off of the Centric schedule. No word on when it will return, but as always, we will let you know if and when it does. No other schedule changes will be made to the regular schedule. Centric also has 227 on the bench and they air it from time to time in marathon blocks. Back to The Jamie Foxx Show, it will have a marathon on Friday, June 21 from 9am-6pm. In fact, all this month Centric will have Friday marathons, with Steve Harvey Show this Friday, Jamie Foxx as mentioned on June 21, and Moesha on June 28.
Centric will also continue to air marathons on weekends as well, with The Cosby Show getting the Father's Day weekend marathon this weekend (June 15-16) from 10am-10pm. Other weekend marathons are: The Wayans Bros. June 22-23, New York Undercover & The A-Team on June 29-30, Girlfriends on July 6-7, The Jamie Foxx Show again on July 13-14, more The Wayans Bros. July 20-21 and Bernie Mac July 27-28. As for the 4th of July, Centric will celebrate the holiday with the first family, with a marathon of the first-run syndicated comedy The First Family from 11am-5pm. Fellow comedy Mr. Box Office will get the marathon treatment the following day from 11am-7pm. As always, stay with us for the latest updates.
The MeTV Network has signed three new affiliation agreements with Gray Television stations in these markets: KSNB (Lincoln, Nebraska - DMA #105), WSWG (Albany, Georgia - DMA #145) and WTVY (Dothan, Alabama - DMA #169). These new affiliates bring MeTV to 150 markets and the network now clears 90% of the country. In addition to being available in all top ten television markets, the network can be found in 28 of the top 30 markets in the U.S. Some several major media groups, including Hearst, Gannett, Raycom, Allbritton, Media General, Post-Newsweek, Nexstar, London Broadcasting, Belo, Hubbard, Cordillera, Bahakel, Fisher, Cox, Morgan Murphy, Grant, New Press Gazette, New Age, Granite, Capitol, Dispatch, Journal, Bonten and Titan. MeTV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. MeTV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers. MeTV's line-up include some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, and the original Hawaii Five-O series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.