Friday, March 08, 2013
IFC Orders Two Comedies From Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 11, 2013)
IFC has greenlit the original scripted comedy The Spoils of Babylon produced by Funny or Die. Putting their talent behind the show as executive producers are Will Ferrell (Anchorman), Adam McKay (Step Brothers), Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre), who also directs and co-writes and Andrew Steele (Saturday Night Live), who also co-wrote the script. The Spoils of Babylon is a television adaptation of a best-selling epic novel by fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (played by Ferrell) and will feature an ensemble cast to be announced later. The blowsy century-spanning saga chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of a family who made their fortune in the oil business. IFC has ordered six, half-hour episodes to premiere in late 2013. In the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds of War, the epic story of The Spoils of Babylon spans three generations, taking viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through world war battlefields and velvet sheeted bedrooms. As the story unfolds, the booze, the passion and the heartache lead to illegal arms deals and international espionage with the Shah of Iran not to mention the creation of the doomed sub-prime market.
Meanwhile, IFC has also greenlit ten half-hour episodes of The Birthday Boys, a new scripted original sketch comedy to join the network's "Always on. Slightly off." line-up later this year. Executive produced by Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Mr. Show) and Ben Stiller (the upcoming The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Zoolander), The Birthday Boys features the Los Angeles comedy group of the same name (UCB Theatre Los Angeles, Just for Laughs Festival) along with Odenkirk. The series is in the classic vein of absurd/silly/smart/funny variety shows (Mr. Show, Monty Python), featuring sketches that twist real-life moments and cultural touchstones. An early episode tackles such issues as eggs, toilet paper and computers. The Birthday Boys comedy group includes Jefferson Dutton, Dave Ferguson, Mike Hanford, Tim Kalpakis, Matt Kowalick, Mike Mitchell and Chris VanArtsdalen - whose combined credits include Parks and Recreation, The Office, Conan, Comedy Bang! Bang!, and Portlandia.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 11-15, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 11, 2013
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Watch Jami on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Bridgit Mendler (Good Luck Charlie) - Bridgit appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Nicole Sullivan (Wendell and Vinnie/Rita Rocks/The King of Queens) - Nicole is a guest on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm ET/PT.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Alan and Tanya Thicke (Celebrity Wife Swap) join co-host Clinton Kelly in creating a decadent and easy bacon entrée on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Lily Tomlin (Malibu Country) - Lily chats on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current TV.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse visits Anderson Live, so check your listings.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie's Family) - Valerie discusses her brain cancer on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone opens in theaters on March 15.
- Adam Driver (Girls) - Adam appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Tune in to see Alice on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) - Ben visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Regina King (227) - Regina drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Anthony Anderson (Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also be part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Louie Anderson (The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/Breaking In/Parks and Recreation) - Watch Megan on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - The talented and beautiful Irish lass Jenny McCarthy (The Jenny McCarthy Show) joins co-host Mario Batali to cook up a yummy Pork Shepherd's Pie that won't break the bank on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve wraps up his appearances this week on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley (According to Jim) - Kimberly stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill guest co-hosts "Guy Day Friday" on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Andy Dick (NewsRadio) - Andy chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.