Friday, October 12, 2012
Bewitched is coming to Logo TV starting this Sunday (Oct. 14, 2012) and it will be serving up some Sunday vintage realness. The enchanting classic sitcom Bewitched will be casting its magic all-day on Logo TV starting at 11am ET through 10pm ET. Darrin Stephens and his enchanted witch... we mean wife... will be stirring the pot and getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. Bubble, Bubble, toil and trouble being married to a witch can be pretty wonderful. The enduring sitcom will air a marathon on Sunday, Oct. 14 from 11am-10pm ET as we mentioned, but it will also air in different blocks after that. You'll have to keep checking your listings, as it will not be on for a set schedule. The schedule for the rest of the month includes: Wednesday, Oct. 17 7pm-10pm & 1:30am-3am; Saturday, Oct. 20 10:30am-3pm; Sunday, Oct. 21 2am-6am; Tuesday, Oct. 23 12am-2am; Friday, Oct. 26 10am-12:30pm; Saturday, Oct. 27 6am-10am; and Wednesday, Oct. 31 12:30am-2am. Logo TV will be airing seasons 5-8, it seems. Bewitched has not aired on cable since it left TV Land at the end of 2011. The sitcom was also on WGN America. On Logo TV, Bewitched will join series such as Nip/Tuck and Buffy he Vampire Slayer on the line-up.
Bewitched stars Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens, a beautiful witch who marries a mortal named Darrin, an advertising executive, played by Dick York in the first five seasons. In the sixth season and for the remainder of the series, Dick York is replaced by Dick Sargent. Samantha attempts to lead the life of a typical, suburban housewife, but she's continually tempted to use her witchcraft. With a twitch of her nose, she can instantly clean a kitchen, change outfits and make people appear or disappear. Darrin struggles to get ahead in business and cope with his disapproving mother-in-law. Endora, played by Agnes Moorehead, schemes to eliminate Darrin from her daughter's life and refuses to call him by his real name, preferring Durwood, Dum-Dum or anything else. Gladys Kravitz, the ultimate nosy neighbor, is always peeking through her window, hoping to prove that something strange is going on at the Stephens house. Of course she's right, but she never catches any of the witches, warlocks or other colorful characters who parade in and out.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of October 15-19, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 15, 2012
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Watch Kaley on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm. The show repeats on Friday.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS. Suburgatory returns on Wednesday, October 17 at 9:30/8:30c on ABC.
- Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City) - Cynthia visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Annie Potts (Designing Women) - Annie visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Anthony Anderson, Zach Cregger and Jesse Bradford (Guys with Kids) - The men of Guys with Kids are guests on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Tune in to see Jenny on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy is a guest on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Suburgatory returns on Wednesday, October 17 at 9:30/8:30c on ABC.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?) - Tony appears on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers) - Catch Kelsey on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) - Casey visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. Happy Endings returns Tuesday, October 23 at 9/8c on ABC.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears with his fiancee, Courtney Mazza, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Brandy (Moesha) - Moesha is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Watch Tina on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy (Moesha) - Brandy is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also performs a song from her new album on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Penny Marshall (Laverne & Shirley) - Penny appears on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.