Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Antenna TV's Election Day Selection Marathon; ABC Family Sets January 2013 Original Series Premiere Dates
The Presidential Debates have just finished, so now it's time for you to make your selection! On Election Day, after you make your selection turn to Antenna TV to see their selections! Beginning at 11am ET on Tuesday, November 6, Antenna TV - which airs on 69 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air "Election Day Selection," a 15-hour marathon of Election Day themed episodes from your favorite classic shows. Bipartisan fun for everyone! The series airing from 11am-2am will be the regularly scheduled series, but will be Election/vote/decision themed. Among the episodes are "Election Story" on All in the Family, where a local election has the Bunker family in turmoil as Mike and Gloria are all for Claire Packer, a woman, which is exactly why Archie is dead set against her. On the Leave it to Beaver episode "Wally's Election," after Eddie Haskell nominates a reluctant Wally to run for sophomore class president against Lumpy Rutherford, fathers Ward and Fred try to fulfill their own ambitions through their teenage sons. And on the Maude episode "The Election," Maude comes to the realization that she may lose the election for state senate, especially after a television interview in which she voices her liberal views about premarital sex is poorly received.
View the episode info for Antenna TV's "Election Day Selection" marathon! And as we said before, stay with us in the coming week's for more Antenna TV holiday stunts like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's!
ABC Family will kick off the New Year with all new episodes of returning original hit series and fan favorite dramas Switched at Birth, Bunheads, Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game, all set to premiere the second week of January 2013, with two nights of original programming. Viewers can also catch up on all their favorite shows leading up to the January premieres on abcfamily.com. The second season of ABC Family's award-winning drama series, Switched at Birth, begins Monday, January 7 at 8:00PM ET/PT. This season sees dramatic changes in the lives of the Kennish and Vasquez families as a result of the verdict in the baby switch trial. Gilles Marini joins the cast in season two as a series regular. ABC Family will air a special Switched at Birth marathon on Monday, January 7th, from 11:00AM-8:00PM ET/PT, leading up to the season two premiere. The season one finale aired last night (Monday, October 22) at 8:00PM ET/PT on ABC Family. ABC Family's critically-acclaimed series, Bunheads, from Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, starring two time Tony Award-winning actor Sutton Foster, will return with all-new episodes on Monday, January 7 at 9:00PM ET/PT.
In all-new episodes of ABC Family's hit original series Pretty Little Liars, returning on, Tuesday, January 8, 8:00PM ET/PT, Radley Sanitarium has given Mona a clean bill of health and she is headed back to the halls of Rosewood High, much to the Liars' dismay. ABC Family will air a special Pretty Little Liars marathon on Tuesday, January 8, from 11:00AM-8:00PM ET/PT, leading up to that night's premiere episode. A special all-new Pretty Little Liars Halloween-themed episode with musical guest star Adam Lambert (American Idol) will premiere tonight (Tuesday, October 23rd) at 8:00PM ET/PT, bitches, as part of ABC Family's "13 Nights of Halloween" programming event. The Lying Game will return with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 8 at 9:00PM ET/PT. As the twins' saga continues in season two, there are more surprises, secrets and lies. The girls' recently revealed birth mother Rebecca (Charisma Carpenter) lures Sutton (Alexandra Chando) into her plans for the Mercer family.
Stay tuned for more original series premiere dates, as sitcoms like Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy will be returning in spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.