Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Antenna TV's Election Day Selection Marathon; ABC Family Sets January 2013 Original Series Premiere Dates
The Presidential Debates have just finished, so now it's time for you to make your selection! On Election Day, after you make your selection turn to Antenna TV to see their selections! Beginning at 11am ET on Tuesday, November 6, Antenna TV - which airs on 69 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households - will air "Election Day Selection," a 15-hour marathon of Election Day themed episodes from your favorite classic shows. Bipartisan fun for everyone! The series airing from 11am-2am will be the regularly scheduled series, but will be Election/vote/decision themed. Among the episodes are "Election Story" on All in the Family, where a local election has the Bunker family in turmoil as Mike and Gloria are all for Claire Packer, a woman, which is exactly why Archie is dead set against her. On the Leave it to Beaver episode "Wally's Election," after Eddie Haskell nominates a reluctant Wally to run for sophomore class president against Lumpy Rutherford, fathers Ward and Fred try to fulfill their own ambitions through their teenage sons. And on the Maude episode "The Election," Maude comes to the realization that she may lose the election for state senate, especially after a television interview in which she voices her liberal views about premarital sex is poorly received.
View the episode info for Antenna TV's "Election Day Selection" marathon! And as we said before, stay with us in the coming week's for more Antenna TV holiday stunts like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's!
ABC Family will kick off the New Year with all new episodes of returning original hit series and fan favorite dramas Switched at Birth, Bunheads, Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game, all set to premiere the second week of January 2013, with two nights of original programming. Viewers can also catch up on all their favorite shows leading up to the January premieres on abcfamily.com. The second season of ABC Family's award-winning drama series, Switched at Birth, begins Monday, January 7 at 8:00PM ET/PT. This season sees dramatic changes in the lives of the Kennish and Vasquez families as a result of the verdict in the baby switch trial. Gilles Marini joins the cast in season two as a series regular. ABC Family will air a special Switched at Birth marathon on Monday, January 7th, from 11:00AM-8:00PM ET/PT, leading up to the season two premiere. The season one finale aired last night (Monday, October 22) at 8:00PM ET/PT on ABC Family. ABC Family's critically-acclaimed series, Bunheads, from Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, starring two time Tony Award-winning actor Sutton Foster, will return with all-new episodes on Monday, January 7 at 9:00PM ET/PT.
In all-new episodes of ABC Family's hit original series Pretty Little Liars, returning on, Tuesday, January 8, 8:00PM ET/PT, Radley Sanitarium has given Mona a clean bill of health and she is headed back to the halls of Rosewood High, much to the Liars' dismay. ABC Family will air a special Pretty Little Liars marathon on Tuesday, January 8, from 11:00AM-8:00PM ET/PT, leading up to that night's premiere episode. A special all-new Pretty Little Liars Halloween-themed episode with musical guest star Adam Lambert (American Idol) will premiere tonight (Tuesday, October 23rd) at 8:00PM ET/PT, bitches, as part of ABC Family's "13 Nights of Halloween" programming event. The Lying Game will return with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 8 at 9:00PM ET/PT. As the twins' saga continues in season two, there are more surprises, secrets and lies. The girls' recently revealed birth mother Rebecca (Charisma Carpenter) lures Sutton (Alexandra Chando) into her plans for the Mercer family.
Stay tuned for more original series premiere dates, as sitcoms like Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy will be returning in spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.